Author Topic: RIP Cassius  (Read 8439 times)

Brianthehulk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: RIP Cassius
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2016, 03:45:47 AM »
Neither man was the same after the Thrilla in Manilla, they beat the shit out of each other.
One of the best fights ever.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2016, 03:52:10 AM »
The greatest of all time. RIP  :'(

George Foreman on Ali’s death: ‘Part of me just passed with him’
One of Muhammad Ali’s most memorable victories came at the expense of Foreman, but the “Rumble in the Jungle” rivals later became good friends.
By Gabe Hiatt

Like Sonny Liston and Joe Frazier before him, George Foreman had no choice but to play the part. Here was Muhammad Ali at the peak of his rhetorical powers casting Foreman as the ugly American, a sell-out, a big, dumb ox to be dispatched by the greatest of all time.

On October 29, 1974, Foreman played the heavy. The fight was called “The Rumble in the Jungle,” and it was bigger than Don King’s hair. Ali, 32, knocked out the 25-year-old Foreman in the eighth round to reclaim the heavyweight championship title in Kinshasa, Zaire. Ali’s strategy of absorbing Foreman’s blows until the young champion was spent has become legend.

After a career in which he was perhaps the most formidable of Ali’s foes, Foreman shared his thoughts on Ali with KRIV Sports Director Mark Berman late Friday night after reports confirmed the icon’s death.

“As far as George Foreman is concerned Muhammad Ali may have passed but his spirit will live forever,” Berman wrote.

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2016, 03:52:39 AM »
Ali apparently said with that Frazier fight it was the closest he ever felt to dying back then. I think he even dropped to the canvas after it was over.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2016, 03:55:15 AM »
Best ever , rest in peace champ

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2016, 03:56:00 AM »
Neither man was the same after the Thrilla in Manilla, they beat the shit out of each other.
One of the best fights ever.
absolutley...JOE was a heart fighter he'd never quit Eddie futch saved him from himself, that fight was increadble with all the twists and turns in a real heavyweight fight we just don't see anymore @ that level, Joe would never stop he had that heart that you also see seldom lacking these days and probably the last 10-15 years Evander Holyfield was the last IMO of the true heart champions with the same mentality they were cut from the same cloth.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2016, 04:00:22 AM »
Best ever , rest in peace champ
absolutley the greatest of them all the night he fought Cleveland Williams was him IMO @ his finest.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2016, 06:01:26 AM »
He'll hopefully drop the water and tighten up before the night show.

;D ;D

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2016, 06:15:04 AM »
Oh brother, brutal 13'' arms and pencilneck of peace on that geek ::) Wouldn't last 20 seconds in a battle in a thong against Phil on stage.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2016, 06:18:52 AM »
Like his gift of gab, and respect his legacy as one of boxing's legends, but I cannot give a pass to anyone who, born outside the religion/culture, chooses to become Muslim

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2016, 06:19:03 AM »
Great boxer, but there have been a few great boxers, never got the hype with his act and personality, but I appreciate others did.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2016, 07:10:09 AM »
Never understood the fascination with this guy. White guilt?

Perhaps there's a lesson there for all of your people.

Troll gonna troll.
a

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2016, 07:13:00 AM »
fedrol here is the thing i have watched the sport for a long time  

ali took a ton of beatings in the 70's  even most of the fights he wont he took a beating alot of them were close decisions to

the guy really wasnt that smart.  lived the past 30 years as a immobile vegetable and was broke till he sold the rights to his name.

but people kiss his ass as some genius, foreman and holmes were much smarter and did better with there money and lives  than ali

holmes actually ran businesses  ali never did.  ali got divorced like 4 times.  

but the media portrays ali as some all great saint,  formean and holmes did much better after boxing than ali did.

In boxing , is what you do before you retire is what counts.  

There's a lot of athletes/great business men out there, that's not the point,  I'm glad both Holmes and Foreman did good after retiring from boxing.

But neither can claim being the greatest of all time.

doggler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2016, 10:08:24 AM »
Symptoms of Parkinson's decease, plus this decease can also cause dementia.

???

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2016, 10:24:28 AM »
Simply the GOAT.

Stood for more outside the ring than any other athlete in any other sport
Amen, completely transcended Boxing and Sports. RIP The Greatest of all time.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2016, 10:36:16 AM »
Toronto resident George Chuvalo fought him twice, and although Ali won, he could not knock the man out.

http://www.cp24.com/news/bouts-with-granite-chinned-chuvalo-were-ali-s-canadian-legacy-1.2931347

first fight kinda reminds me of the movie Rocky, went 15 rounds, Ali was faster but Chuvalo hit like his hands were made of bricks like the Thing from Fantastic 4

Bodybuilding related, once shared the Leg press with Chuvalo at the gym back in the 90's lol

"

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2016, 10:45:31 AM »
Ali was the Arnold of boxing. Cocky, witty and a winner. Foreman/Frazier was his Ferrigno.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2016, 10:51:50 AM »
Toronto resident George Chuvalo fought him twice, and although Ali won, he could not knock the man out.

http://www.cp24.com/news/bouts-with-granite-chinned-chuvalo-were-ali-s-canadian-legacy-1.2931347

first fight kinda reminds me of the movie Rocky, went 15 rounds, Ali was faster but Chuvalo hit like his hands were made of bricks like the Thing from Fantastic 4

Bodybuilding related, once shared the Leg press with Chuvalo at the gym back in the 90's lol

Quite the Rocky-scene right there!
Q

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2016, 10:59:50 AM »
Ali was the Arnold of boxing. Cocky, witty and a winner. Foreman/Frazier was his Ferrigno.
^^^This!... RIP Champ, your Legacy will Always prevail!

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2016, 11:08:09 AM »

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2016, 11:12:27 AM »
I think Wilt could've beaten him.  Wilt was one of the greatest all 'round athletes ever.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2016, 12:10:19 PM »
RIP. You will forever be the greatest. My favorite boxer of all time & 2nd favorite entertainer of all time, right behind Micheal Jackson.  :'(

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2016, 12:10:49 PM »
Amen, completely transcended Boxing and Sports. RIP The Greatest of all time.
this^ a legend in and out of the ring thats no easy feat,,like arnold if he graced a cover of a magazine it was like sports royalty..

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2016, 01:22:34 PM »
 :'(

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2016, 01:24:44 PM »
Yeah, Big George got a second chance at fame and really took advantage of it.  I'm only 36 so i only know Foreman has the happy nice guy but I hear he was a mean sob before.

George got saved.

Unfortunately, Ali chose to worship the illiterate pedophile "prophet" and is doomed to a Christ-less eternity in the lake of fire.

K

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2016, 01:32:41 PM »
Say what you want about Ali ..... but when it came to fighting he was possibly the BEST- EVER

It can't be denied, he beat EVERYBODY in the golden era of boxing- Liston, Foreman, Frazier, Norton, Shavers, Patterson, Lyle .... he had the heart of a lion and a chin of granite-  draft dodger- yes, racist- yes, treated Frazier like a dog- yes, hypocrite in  A LOT of ways- yes, but none the less, an AWESOME fighter, who would have WRECKED Tyson for those who don't know boxing

Too bad he is in hell in my opinion because of his religious choices- I gotta believe he wishes he lived his life differently right about now, but it's TOO LATE..... :(