Author Topic: The Cavs Are Finished  (Read 36014 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: The Cavs Are Finished
« Reply #350 on: June 19, 2016, 09:37:37 PM »
Kerr basically blamed dramond for losing the series due to the game 5 suspension. "We can't mess around". -Steve Kerr

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #351 on: June 19, 2016, 09:47:08 PM »
Is this the biggest choke job in the history of the NBA?

you meant in  Finals History?, yeah.....but again, the sorry ass excuses are Curry is hurt blah blah blah

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #352 on: June 19, 2016, 09:58:54 PM »
i cant believe these so called experts were calling golden state the greatest team of all time wtf

do you think those lil bitches could have hung with the bad boy pistons or jordans bull  , no fucking way.

fuck curry ,

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #353 on: June 19, 2016, 10:22:47 PM »
Green doesn't learn.   That final lebron dunk attempt with less than a minute left... Green kicked out his leg AGAIN to try to hurt him on the way down, after shoving lebron, 11 feet above the ground.

He's an ass.  Kerr was right, "we can't mes around" then quickly corrected himself "not that we messed around..."

Yes, yes they did.  After game 4, they were acting like asses, acting like the Series was over. 

"Splash bros".   "Unanimous".   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: June 19, 2016, 10:27:04 PM »
Soooo

Does Lebron return to Cavs next season?

"I had to win one for my town".    Lebron isn't the best liar in the world, that's for sure.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #355 on: June 19, 2016, 10:29:07 PM »
Stephen A. Smith took money mayweather's cawk out of his mouth long enough to post this story last month, about lebron possibly leaving CLE after giving them a title. 

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith: LeBron James Could Leave Cleveland If Cavaliers Win NBA Title

What I’m hearing is this, and I’ll preface it by saying that LeBron’s camp has emphatically said that there is no truth to this whatsoever. Fair enough. I have been hearing for months—and I heard it again when I went to Miami for Game 6 against the Raptors—that if LeBron were to win the championship in Cleveland, he will have fulfilled his promise to the people in Cleveland, and he will consider going back to South Beach. He’s bought a house in L.A., too, so you got folks out there thinking there’s a possibility that the Lakers could be in his future. I don’t know about all of that, but I do know what I’ve been hearing.

Now, obviously, that’s not etched in stone, because first of all, he’s got to win and chances are [the Cavaliers] may not win [this season]. He won’t leave if he doesn’t win because he’s about fulfilling his promise. He knows how badly that will look if he ends up not winning and still deciding to depart. But if he were to win the championship and have fulfilled his promise, then he would consider going back to South Beach. And what I said specifically is, again, not only has his camp denied it and the people close to him categorically and emphatically denied it, but my point was that was what I was hearing from folks in Miami. So whether it’s true or not, they believe that if LeBron wins the championship, they have a legitimate shot at getting him to come back to the Miami Heat.

KnightXavi

• Getbig III
« Reply #356 on: June 19, 2016, 10:39:38 PM »
I'm still mad GS lost.  But, the plus side is at least Kevin Love got a ring.  After all the dogging he's been through, he deserves it.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #357 on: June 19, 2016, 10:47:44 PM »
Green doesn't learn.   That final lebron dunk attempt with less than a minute left... Green kicked out his leg AGAIN to try to hurt him on the way down, after shoving lebron, 11 feet above the ground.

He's an ass.  Kerr was right, "we can't mes around" then quickly corrected himself "not that we messed around..."

Yes, yes they did.  After game 4, they were acting like asses, acting like the Series was over. 

"Splash bros".   "Unanimous".   

Yep also noticed the can't mess around comment, then realizes he just burried Draymond so he backtracks.

Series was full of drama:
First time come back being down 3-1
Curry throws mouth guard at fan and is ejected
Green is suspended for game 5 even though he wasn't suspended for kicking Steven Adams in the nuts
Kevin Love concussion
Bogut knee injury
Johnny Falcon makes getbig thread about Steph curry being cute
Currys wife Ayesha accuses NBA of being rigged
Irving goes off in game 5
David Blatt watching from home while Lue gets a ring
Lebron on the legit kigs gh and getting bigger and balder by the day
Couldn't ask for a better series.  8)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #358 on: June 19, 2016, 10:56:42 PM »
Excellent series. Congrats to the Cavs and Lebron!

I really enjoy basketball conversation on Getbig.  Another great year fellas!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: June 19, 2016, 11:06:46 PM »
Calfzilla, excellent summary! 

Is there a better nba finals in history?   Best record ever, toppled by Cleveland hero in final seconds?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #360 on: June 20, 2016, 04:23:02 AM »
Lebron was smart faking that wrist injury on the last play. He'll now bail on the third world olympics. 

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #361 on: June 20, 2016, 06:07:09 AM »
Lebron was smart faking that wrist injury on the last play. He'll now bail on the third world olympics. 

Good! I want Lebron and Kyrie to skip it

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #362 on: June 20, 2016, 06:26:45 AM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #363 on: June 20, 2016, 06:39:34 AM »
Good! I want Lebron and Kyrie to skip it

Kyrie saved Cleveland's ass with a big third quarter then undressing Curry for the game winning shot.  Still strange Curry bricking so many shots at the end of the game like he was doing it on purpose.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: June 20, 2016, 07:00:26 AM »
This may improve Golden States chance to get Durant. Now that would be an awesome team to watch.

They will be better next year, imo, when it comes to the playoffs. Not regular season record wise. I think they really had trouble handling the pressure of trying to be the best team ever. They "struggled" near the end of the season and on into the playoffs compared to most of the season. Less pressure again next year.

And this would not have happened if they still had David Lee!! Lol. He and Draymond are both super competitive and he was a great glue guy. Ezili has been terrible and overrated for awhile now.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #365 on: June 20, 2016, 07:15:03 AM »
This may improve Golden States chance to get Durant. Now that would be an awesome team to watch.

They will be better next year, imo, when it comes to the playoffs. Not regular season record wise. I think they really had trouble handling the pressure of trying to be the best team ever. They "struggled" near the end of the season and on into the playoffs compared to most of the season. Less pressure again next year.

And this would not have happened if they still had David Lee!! Lol. He and Draymond are both super competitive and he was a great glue guy. Ezili has been terrible and overrated for awhile now.

Barnes and Ezili are both free agents.  I don't think they should retain Barnes.  He has been below average.  One player that would help them would be Dwight Howard if they could explain the situation to him.  Get rebounds, play defense and run the floor.  Kerr would be able to handle him.  GS lost mostly because of missed rebounds.  They are so used to hitting their shots that yesterday I saw a few situations where someone shot a 3 and everyone ran back on defense and no one was there to get the offensive rebound.  If they even got 2-3 extra shots from rebounds they might have won.

KnightXavi

• Getbig III
« Reply #366 on: June 20, 2016, 01:18:51 PM »

He wasn't planning on going in the first place.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #367 on: June 20, 2016, 01:19:42 PM »
He wasn't planning on going in the first place.

Did he mention it?  Only heard about Curry, Westbrook and Harden bailing so far.

KnightXavi

• Getbig III
« Reply #368 on: June 20, 2016, 01:23:01 PM »
Did he mention it?  Only heard about Curry, Westbrook and Harden bailing so far.

There was talk before the season(2015-16) started that he wouldn't put his hat in it.  Though, there was no official statement.  However, with the wrist "injury" that could give him out not to go to Rio.

KnightXavi

• Getbig III
« Reply #369 on: June 20, 2016, 01:24:40 PM »
There was talk before the season(2015-16) started that he wouldn't put his hat in it.  Though, there was no official statement.  However, with the wrist "injury" that could give him out not to go to Rio.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-lebron-will-skip-olympics-draymond-durant-locks-for-team-usa/

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #370 on: June 20, 2016, 01:25:59 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: June 20, 2016, 01:31:07 PM »
howard would be awesome on GS if all he did was rebound....  no, he will want to be a star, with his weak jump shots while the splash bros stand there watching.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #372 on: June 20, 2016, 01:32:57 PM »
As great of a talking point it is, Lebron is not leaving Cleveland.  Why?  He just won. He signed a lifetime contract with Nike. It's not about the money.  He has no reason to go anywhere else which would be an unsure situation when you just won the championship with this team.  Also, he'll sign his first max deal with Cleveland and it will be the largest deal ever with the new TV deal. That'll take him out till he's around 35-36.   These years will be spent in Cleveland amassing more titles and switch pieces.  There real question is, are Irving and Love returning?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #373 on: June 20, 2016, 02:04:20 PM »
As great of a talking point it is, Lebron is not leaving Cleveland.  Why?  He just won. He signed a lifetime contract with Nike. It's not about the money.  He has no reason to go anywhere else which would be an unsure situation when you just won the championship with this team.  Also, he'll sign his first max deal with Cleveland and it will be the largest deal ever with the new TV deal. That'll take him out till he's around 35-36.   These years will be spent in Cleveland amassing more titles and switch pieces.  There real question is, are Irving and Love returning?

As of now there's no one in the East to compete.  Pretty sad.  Rumors are Rose to NY which means Melo won't leave plus Melo is not leaving because LaLa has a job in NYC.  Toronto will most likely lose DeRozen as a FA so they are going to take a big hit.  Atlanta can make a couple moves and be a big hitter but probably not enough to compete with the Cavs.  One game changer is Durant to DC.  That's his home town, his old coach is now there, Wall is a better passer than Westbrook.  If nothing major shakes up the East for another year or 3 the finals will always be Cavs vs. Spurs, Warriors or OKC if Durant stays.  Clippers are just a sack of shit.
As for Dwight Howard, GS would have to have a serious talk in his role.  Going to GS is not about being the big star anymore but being part of a championship team how Iguodala did it and that might be a big key for GS in getting him. Another rebounding beast who is a FA is that Beyombo guy from Toronto.  His stock sky rocketed with his 26 rebound game against the Cavs. 

The NBA free agency period might be more exciting than these finals to see where the chips fall.  One analyst said with a billion to spend in the league he wouldn't be shocked about any player switching teams.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #374 on: June 20, 2016, 03:35:24 PM »