Author Topic: Hillary Refuses to Acknowledge Second Amendment Right to Own a Gun  (Read 3328 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Listen to her carefully worded answer, when asked twice whether there is a Second Amendment right to own a gun:  "If it is a Constitutional right . . . ." 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Hillary Refuses to Acknowledge Second Amendment Right to Own a Gun
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 01:02:26 PM »
Liberal thinking on gun rights is sickening:

"It’s often argued that the American murder rate is high because guns are more available here than in other countries. After a tragedy like the massacre at Columbine High School, anyone could feel that it is too easy for Americans to get their hands on weapons. But nobody has a good solution. This is another issue where you see the extremes of the two existing major parties. Democrats want to confiscate all guns, which is a dumb idea because only the law-abiding citizens would turn in their guns and the bad guys would be the only ones left armed. The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions. I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within seventy-two hours if a potential gun owner has a record."

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 06:35:18 AM »
There is still some issue as to whether the second amendment states that its okay for regular citizens to own guns...it does say "in a well-regulated militia"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 07:26:57 AM »
There is still some issue as to whether the second amendment states that its okay for regular citizens to own guns...it does say "in a well-regulated militia"

No there is not - the SC decided in Heller that it is a inidividual right the same as the 1, 4, 5, 6, etc

Stop being so dumb

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 07:37:51 AM »

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 08:03:24 AM »
The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I read that to mean that a well regulated militia under some form of government supervision can possess guns....the founding fathers never foresaw assault rifles

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 08:27:11 AM »
I read that to mean that a well regulated militia under some form of government supervision can possess guns....the founding fathers never foresaw assault rifles

What you think you read means nothing - the SC already ruled on this

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 09:56:07 AM »

Really? Then why did they specifically say the right to bear arms? Could have just said muskets
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 09:59:40 AM »
Really? Then why did they specifically say the right to bear arms? Could have just said muskets
by your reasoning I can have an attack helicopter fully loaded with rounds....or hand held guided missile

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 10:11:52 AM »
Listen to her carefully worded answer, when asked twice whether there is a Second Amendment right to own a gun:  "If it is a Constitutional right . . . ." 

Hey Bum, why did you leave off the rest of the quote

"If it is a Constitutional right then it like every other Constitutional right is subject to reasonable regulations" 

the words "well regulated" are right there in the second amendment

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 10:34:48 AM »
The founding fathers never foresaw the Internet either that would let millions of people be exposed to hateful and ignorant things...why not add more restrictions to the first amendment?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 10:37:25 AM »
This man was radicalized over the Internet Andre, why are you ok with ignorant shit being put on the internet that weak minded individuals eat up like gospel?

Are you for restricting that as well?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 10:41:15 AM »
Hey Bum, why did you leave off the rest of the quote

"If it is a Constitutional right then it like every other Constitutional right is subject to reasonable regulations" 

the words "well regulated" are right there in the second amendment
Bc that's not the point of the thread straw, the point is to show that Hillary won't even admit that we have a right to bear arms even though the Supreme Court says we do!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 10:46:55 AM »
Bc that's not the point of the thread straw, the point is to show that Hillary won't even admit that we have a right to bear arms even though the Supreme Court says we do!!!

great point

let's remove the context of  her statement and then have a discussion about what's  left

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 10:49:15 AM »
great point

let's remove the context of  her statement and then have a discussion about what's  left
The context of her statement is that she doesn't agree that we have an individual right to own a gun, the caveat to that statement is that if we do bullshit.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 10:51:14 AM »
The context of her statement is that she doesn't agree that we have an individual right to own a gun, the caveat to that statement is that if we do bullshit.

Exactly.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 10:59:33 AM »

Bullshit

She's been quoted in the past saying she believes in second amendment

I see you and Bum are hanging your entire premise of the word "IF" in her statement and if you choose to believe that means she doesn't support the 2nd amendment that is your choice

It's the same tired old script your side runs every election cycle

Here's a quote from Hillary in a Democratic debate from 2008 and I'm sure she say the same thing again but it won't really matter because your side will continue to just selectively choose that parts that you want to hear

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/15/us/politics/15demdebate-transcript.html
You know, I believe in the Second Amendment. People have a right to bear arms. But I also believe that we can common-sensically approach this.

btw - this is just the first one I've found.  I'm sure there are others as well but I doubt it would matter.  Your side has a narrative to sell

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 11:02:53 AM »
Bullshit

She's been quoted in the past saying she believes in second amendment

I see you and Bum are hanging your entire premise of the word "IF" in her statement and if you choose to believe that means she doesn't support the 2nd amendment that is your choice

It's the same tired old script your side runs every election cycle

Here's a quote from Hillary in a Democratic debate from 2008 and I'm sure she say the same thing again but it won't really matter because your side will continue to just selectively choose that parts that you want to hear

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/15/us/politics/15demdebate-transcript.html
btw - this is just the first one I've found.  I'm sure there are others as well but I doubt it would matter.  Your side has a narrative to sell
The question wasn't whether she believed in the second amendment straw, it was does she believe the second amendment applies to individuals...

There is a difference and that's why she didn't answer the question

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 11:17:19 AM »
The question wasn't whether she believed in the second amendment straw, it was does she believe the second amendment applies to individuals...

She doesn't believe in the Second Amendment.  But at the same time, she wants to give herself room to say she never say it isn't a fundamental right.  This is partly why people don't like politicians. 

I'd actually have some respect for her if she just came out and said what she believes. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 11:38:46 AM »
by your reasoning I can have an attack helicopter fully loaded with rounds....or hand held guided missile

Why not? If you can afford and maintain it. why anyone would want such things, I have no idea
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 11:53:44 AM »
Why not? If you can afford and maintain it. why anyone would want such things, I have no idea

you can't think of any ideas on why someone would want that?

I can think of a few

let's start with the argument that the Cliven Bundy types will give you that they need to protect themselves against a tyrannical government or the more common argument that they need it for self defense against criminals

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 12:00:05 PM »
I'd actually have some respect for her if she just came out and said what she believes. 
I completely agree, I think Bernie is pretty damn crazy fiscally but At least he is honest

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 12:00:10 PM »

LOL - who else would it apply to if not individuals

BTW - I'm not fan of the way she or any other politician parses their words because it creates opportunities for others to then re-frame what they said (just like in this case) to suit their own agenda

I also see no reason to not say radical islam or radical islamic terrorist just like I see no reason not to say radical christian or radical christian terrorist (in the example of someone who uses their personal christian beliefs to justify violence)

lets call things what they are and stop trying to dance around shit in an attempt to not offend anyone (or to please everyone)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 12:14:10 PM »
LOL - who else would it apply to if not individuals

BTW - I'm not fan of the way she or any other politician parses their words because it creates opportunities for others to then re-frame what they said (just like in this case) to suit their own agenda

I also see no reason to not say radical islam or radical islamic terrorist just like I see no reason not to say radical christian or radical christian terrorist (in the example of someone who uses their personal christian beliefs to justify violence)

lets call things what they are and stop trying to dance around shit in an attempt to not offend anyone (or to please everyone)

The difference is whether it applies to an individual on a member of a militia straw.

If she didn't distinguish between the two and saw no difference the. Why would she begin her caveat with an "if"?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2016, 01:42:15 PM »
This man was radicalized over the Internet Andre, why are you ok with ignorant shit being put on the internet that weak minded individuals eat up like gospel?

Are you for restricting that as well?
I'm not ok with that at all...but the free speech guarantee in the constitution is clear....owning killing machines is not for the sake of having the right to bear arms is not