Author Topic: Liver values came back, screwed  (Read 4648 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Liver values came back, screwed
« on: June 08, 2016, 08:49:12 PM »
ALT -107
AST - 66

Fuc

Diesel618

• Getbig II
Re: Liver values came back, screwed
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 11:53:34 PM »
That is nothing. You are not screwed. What are you taking? I would recommend to continue taking it.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 02:08:53 AM »

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 04:55:00 AM »
That is nothing. You are not screwed. What are you taking? I would recommend to continue taking it.

Was not taking anything.  Went natty other than taking GH and 400 test a week for a number of weeks prior to getting blood drawn.

this
maybe in the head tho..

Stopped tren months ago. 

13B-T

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 08:31:54 AM »
Was not taking anything.  Went natty other than taking GH and 400 test a week for a number of weeks prior to getting blood drawn.

Stopped tren months ago. 

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 08:52:21 AM »
I'm natty on the weekends. gh and t3 only on saturdays and sundays.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 05:55:46 PM »

Stopped tren months ago. 

What OTC supps you taking? I had raised liver values recently( nothing bad per se) and I'm completely clean currently. But I did start Zantac recently and I read it can stress the liver. So maybe check the OTC stuff you are taking.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 11:08:34 PM »
WTF are you freaking out about? even low dose 250- 500mg test. a week will make your ALT , AST rise

expect it to happen

it should normalise when u come off but it may stay elevated for months after + sometimes wont normalise

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 07:56:23 AM »
WTF are you freaking out about? even low dose 250- 500mg test. a week will make your ALT , AST rise

expect it to happen

it should normalise when u come off but it may stay elevated for months after + sometimes wont normalise

I freaked out cause my doctor was telling me  I could have hepatitis. I checked my past liver values and they were always in the 50 to 60 zone and at that time a different doctor I had would just say it's usual because of weightlifting. The jump in numbers and his statements had me worried. After looking online, not worried after reading some other weightlifters numbers. I'm just going to grab some TUDCA. Plus if, I were to stop working out before my lab tests my numbers would drop significantly.

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 09:32:42 AM »
Your doctor is an idiot for saying that.   Christ training the day before the test can elevate your enzymes more than that.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 09:52:15 AM »
Your doctor is an idiot for saying that.   Christ training the day before the test can elevate your enzymes more than that.

He is older and deals with older patients. I just use him since he's nearby.

A friend at the gym referred me to a doctor that works out and has a lot of bodybulders as patients so I'm just going to start using him as my GP.

When he was speaking to me I thought of DA.

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 01:17:30 PM »
I would start taking NAC every day at 1200mgs and try to drink a gallon of water each day. I would get blood work again after about 2 months and try to stay away from anything toxic on the liver.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 03:19:07 PM »
so many people on here acting like liver values in the double digits or low 100s indicate some kind of liver damage  ::)
get a grip...

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 05:26:39 AM »
I would start taking NAC every day at 1200mgs and try to drink a gallon of water each day. I would get blood work again after about 2 months and try to stay away from anything toxic on the liver.

Ordered a few bottles of TUDCA, apparently it also helps with reducing the effects of insulin resistance as well as supporting the liver.  I never gave much attention to the liver since it's so resilient but I don't want to have problems in the future.

My low creatinine levels 19 mg/dl with high liver values show I can rule out liver issues.

Want to try GW 50156 to see if it lowers cholesterol. My numbers are fine but I'd like them lower.

Will likely take TUDCA for awhile then get on GW 50156 and get bloods again.  I'll post up the differences for the board for those interested in seeing if TUDCA and GW 50156 work. 

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 02:52:11 PM »
low creatinine numbers means youre not training hard enough

creatinine should always be flagged on a bloodtest for any serious lifter ^^

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 09:55:43 AM »
Your numbers is not extremely high. Before treatment for my liver disease mine were 200-300 range.

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 12:26:35 PM »
Jizmo just out of curiosity when do you consider creatinine levels to high? I haven't lifted for around 6 months do to a shoulder injury and I got a blood test and my creatinine was 1.5 and my doctor freaked out and said I have the kidney function of a 80 year old man. I forgot to tell him but I drank the day before and could have been dehydrated.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 03:21:05 PM »
whats the reference range for you guys?
most lifter are off the high range a couple %

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 04:40:00 PM »
O.76 - 1.27

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 11:21:48 PM »
no problem then
my doc told me i was close to kidney failure and i needed to go to the ER when my number was like 5% off the limit  ::) they usually have no clue

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2016, 05:01:45 AM »
Lol that's good to here because I've been tripping out for the last few weeks. My doctor told me to drop my protein intake down to 80 grams a day so I've lost a decent amount of muscle which sucks. I'm going in for a very thorough kidney test on july 21st to see if I've done any damage I don't think that I have though. It's definitely been a stressful few weeks though my doctor kind of had me convinced my kidneys were failing.

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016, 10:23:56 AM »
Your numbers is not extremely high. Before treatment for my liver disease mine were 200-300 range.
What liver disease?