Author Topic: Wife of nightclub shooter knew of deadly plans, source says  (Read 1245 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Is this a crime?  Should it be?

Wife of nightclub shooter knew of deadly plans, source says
Published June 14, 2016
FoxNews.com

The wife of the Orlando nightclub shooter knew of her husband's deadly plans and did nothing to stop him, a federal law enforcement source confirmed to Fox News.

FBI agents have interviewed Omar Mateen's wife, Noor Salman, in the days since Sunday's massacre that killed 49 and wounded 53 more. Mateen died in a shootout with police early Sunday morning.

Salman said Mateen shared his plans with her to carry out an attack and Mateen may have even called her from the gay club Pulse during the slaughter, the source said. Salman also confirmed details of Mateen's gun purchases prior to the assault.

A separate source told Fox News that Salman was cooperating with investigators and had shared information about her husband's violent aspirations.

Salman is likely to be arrested, a source told Fox News.

Meanwhile, the FBI is investigating reports that Mateen visited Pulse several times before the attack, a U.S. official told The Associated Press on Tuesday. A law enforcement source told Fox News that Salman drove Mateen to Pulse on at least one prior occasion.

One man also said he recognized Mateen from an app used to arrange dates and hookups for gay men, adding a new layer of complexity to the investigation of the worst mass shooting in modern American history. The U.S. official said the FBI would look into that claim as well.

The Orlando Sentinel cited four Pulse regulars who said they had seen the 29-year-old Mateen there before.

"Sometimes he would go over in the corner and sit and drink by himself, and other times he would get so drunk he was loud and belligerent," said Ty Smith, who claimed to have seen the gunman at Pulse at least a dozen times.

"We didn't really talk to him a lot, but I remember him saying things about his dad at times," Smith added. "He told us he had a wife and child."

Smith's husband, Chris Callen, told the Canadian Press that Mateen had been to Pulse regularly for "at least three years."

Jim Van Horn, 71, told the Associated Press he was a frequent patron at Pulse and said another "regular" there was Mateen.

"He was trying to pick up people. Men," Van Horn said late Monday outside the Parliament House, another gay club.

Van Horn said he met Mateen once. He said the younger man was telling him about his ex-wife.

"My friends came out from the back and said, 'Let's go take pictures on the patio,'" Van Horn said. "So I left. And then they told me they didn't want me talking to him, because they thought he was a strange person."

At around 1 a.m. Sunday, Kevin West was dropping a friend off at Pulse when he saw Mateen crossing the street. West told the Los Angeles Times Mateen had messaged him on and off for the past year using the gay chat and dating app Jack'd.

"He walked directly past me. I said, ‘Hey,’ and he turned and said, ‘Hey,'" West said. “I could tell by the eyes."

About an hour later, wielding an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle and a handgun, Mateen began a three-hour shooting rampage and hostage siege that ended with a SWAT team killing him. During the attack, he called 911 to profess allegiance to the Islamic State (ISIS) group.

In contrast, the Wall Street Journal reported that Mateen had expressed anti-gay views that horrified his classmates at Indian River State College, where he received an associate's degree in 2006. A person who worked at the school during that time said some students would try to "educate" Mateen on his views.

The Journal also reported that Mateen never discussed religion during class.

At Pulse, Smith and Callen told the Canadian Press they had decided to keep their distance from Mateen after an incident during which he pulled out a knife after taking offense to a joke told by one of the couple's friends.

"He said if [the friend] ever messed with him again," Callen said, "you know how it'll turn out."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/14/orlando-gunman-made-multiple-visits-to-nightclub-attacked-reports-say.html?intcmp=hpbt1

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Wife of nightclub shooter knew of deadly plans, source says
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 12:59:24 PM »
If she knew about it and told no one yea she should be arrested

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 01:03:08 PM »
If she knew about it and told no one yea she should be arrested

Not sure what I think about this.  On one hand, I want people to report suspected crimes, especially suspected terrorism.  On the other, it opens the door to punishing innocent people for someone else's crime. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 01:05:17 PM »
If she drove him to places to case the places out knowing of his attack - she should be slowly dipped into a vat of pigs blood, wrapped in bacon, and fed to hogs

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 01:13:00 PM »
Is this a crime?  Should it be?

Wife of nightclub shooter knew of deadly plans, source says
Published June 14, 2016
FoxNews.com

The wife of the Orlando nightclub shooter knew of her husband's deadly plans and did nothing to stop him, a federal law enforcement source confirmed to Fox News. Ok

FBI agents have interviewed Omar Mateen's wife, Noor Salman, in the days since Sunday's massacre that killed 49 and wounded 53 more. Mateen died in a shootout with police early Sunday morning.

Salman said Mateen shared his plans with her to carry out an attack and Mateen may have even called her from the gay club Pulse during the slaughter, the source said. Salman also confirmed details of Mateen's gun purchases prior to the assault.

A separate source told Fox News that Salman was cooperating with investigators and had shared information about her husband's violent aspirations.

Salman is likely to be arrested, a source told Fox News.

Meanwhile, the FBI is investigating reports that Mateen visited Pulse several times before the attack, a U.S. official told The Associated Press on Tuesday. A law enforcement source told Fox News that Salman drove Mateen to Pulse on at least one prior occasion.

One man also said he recognized Mateen from an app used to arrange dates and hookups for gay men, adding a new layer of complexity to the investigation of the worst mass shooting in modern American history. The U.S. official said the FBI would look into that claim as well.

The Orlando Sentinel cited four Pulse regulars who said they had seen the 29-year-old Mateen there before.

"Sometimes he would go over in the corner and sit and drink by himself, and other times he would get so drunk he was loud and belligerent," said Ty Smith, who claimed to have seen the gunman at Pulse at least a dozen times.

"We didn't really talk to him a lot, but I remember him saying things about his dad at times," Smith added. "He told us he had a wife and child."

Smith's husband, Chris Callen, told the Canadian Press that Mateen had been to Pulse regularly for "at least three years."

Jim Van Horn, 71, told the Associated Press he was a frequent patron at Pulse and said another "regular" there was Mateen.

"He was trying to pick up people. Men," Van Horn said late Monday outside the Parliament House, another gay club.

Van Horn said he met Mateen once. He said the younger man was telling him about his ex-wife.

"My friends came out from the back and said, 'Let's go take pictures on the patio,'" Van Horn said. "So I left. And then they told me they didn't want me talking to him, because they thought he was a strange person."

At around 1 a.m. Sunday, Kevin West was dropping a friend off at Pulse when he saw Mateen crossing the street. West told the Los Angeles Times Mateen had messaged him on and off for the past year using the gay chat and dating app Jack'd.

"He walked directly past me. I said, ‘Hey,’ and he turned and said, ‘Hey,'" West said. “I could tell by the eyes."

About an hour later, wielding an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle and a handgun, Mateen began a three-hour shooting rampage and hostage siege that ended with a SWAT team killing him. During the attack, he called 911 to profess allegiance to the Islamic State (ISIS) group.

In contrast, the Wall Street Journal reported that Mateen had expressed anti-gay views that horrified his classmates at Indian River State College, where he received an associate's degree in 2006. A person who worked at the school during that time said some students would try to "educate" Mateen on his views.

The Journal also reported that Mateen never discussed religion during class.

At Pulse, Smith and Callen told the Canadian Press they had decided to keep their distance from Mateen after an incident during which he pulled out a knife after taking offense to a joke told by one of the couple's friends.

"He said if [the friend] ever messed with him again," Callen said, "you know how it'll turn out."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/14/orlando-gunman-made-multiple-visits-to-nightclub-attacked-reports-say.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Bum.  Do you really not know the answers to your two questions

WTF ?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 01:15:32 PM »
Not sure what I think about this.  On one hand, I want people to report suspected crimes, especially suspected terrorism.  On the other, it opens the door to punishing innocent people for someone else's crime. 

WTF man. 

She is a co-conspirator in a mass murder

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 01:18:31 PM »
According to many on getbig in the past 15 years...

If you know about an impending terror attack and do nothing, they'll vote for you again in 2004.

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 05:34:45 PM »
According to many on getbig in the past 15 years...

If you know about an impending terror attack and do nothing, they'll vote for you again in 2004.

According to post counts on getbig, if you let another man slap you in the face and do nothing; you will become the most frequent useless poster on getbig

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 05:46:20 PM »
According to post counts on getbig, if you let another man slap you in the face and do nothing; you will become the most frequent useless poster on getbig

yeah, but in 2016, if you put all of us getbiggers in a club, and some shit popped off... most of these unarmed cali/hawaiian "conservative" who mock liberals daily would be lining up behind me, hoping for the lib with the glock to save their skin. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 05:53:46 PM »

lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 05:54:58 PM »
yeah, but in 2016, if you put all of us getbiggers in a club, and some shit popped off... most of these unarmed cali/hawaiian "conservative" who mock liberals daily would be lining up behind me, hoping for the lib with the glock to save their skin. 

You are the ultimate keyboard warrior.  You'd probably pee your pants if anything "popped off."  I'd surprised if you ever even fired a weapon.  Poser.     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 09:02:58 PM »
if she was aware that he was scouting locations, acquiring weapons, etc.. then she has some responsibility as a member of the non-crazy society to say something to someone

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 09:35:42 PM »
If she knew he was going to shoot the place up.... If he had made talks about it... Then she certainly should have said something.

It's one thing to say, "Fuck, I hate fags... I wish someone would shoot them all." and it's something entirely different to drive him around to locations and scout the areas with him.

She's definitely a co-conspirator then. I mean, he can say whatever, but if she believed he was going to do it, then yeah... she's in some trouble.

Now, I will say, that if he just off handedly said he was going to do something, that's one thing, but if she drove him to buy the weapons... plan the event... things like that. I don't think you can just chalk that up to bullshit talking.

However, maybe he was just the type to talk a lot and she truly thought nothing of it... That is certainly possible.

jjbones

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 12:25:01 AM »
She should be arrested and charged

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 05:16:49 AM »
She drove him to a gay night club - WTF!!! 

So 1 possibility is she knew she was married to gay dude and driving him to hook up with gay dudes - bring disease home all while they have a 3 yo.

Possibility 2 - she knew what he was doing an was an accomplice

Possibility 3 - she wanted to hook in a gangbang as the only chick w her pos husband and other gays in the club

Either way - these democrat voters are really something else lately.   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 06:37:44 AM »
She drove him to a gay night club - WTF!!! 

So 1 possibility is she knew she was married to gay dude and driving him to hook up with gay dudes - bring disease home all while they have a 3 yo.

Possibility 2 - she knew what he was doing an was an accomplice

Possibility 3 - she wanted to hook in a gangbang as the only chick w her pos husband and other gays in the club

Either way - these democrat voters are really something else lately.   

your demented mind always goes to the most illogical extreme position.....FUNNY! :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 06:40:25 AM »
your demented mind always goes to the most illogical extreme position.....FUNNY! :D

Do you have something better as a possibility of what she was doing?

This is insane - wife driving husband to the gay bar - i mean really - come on now. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 08:56:59 AM »
it's being reported that she tried to talk him out of an attack

if this is true then she knew or had good reason to believe he was planning an attack which in my opinion makes her complicit

I don't think she would need to know every detail of what he intended to do before contacting law enforcement

plenty of other people amassing weapons and planning something have been caught by someone simply contacting LE

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 03:38:08 PM »
If she knew he was going to shoot the place up.... If he had made talks about it... Then she certainly should have said something.

It's one thing to say, "Fuck, I hate fags... I wish someone would shoot them all." and it's something entirely different to drive him around to locations and scout the areas with him.

She's definitely a co-conspirator then. I mean, he can say whatever, but if she believed he was going to do it, then yeah... she's in some trouble.

Now, I will say, that if he just off handedly said he was going to do something, that's one thing, but if she drove him to buy the weapons... plan the event... things like that. I don't think you can just chalk that up to bullshit talking.

However, maybe he was just the type to talk a lot and she truly thought nothing of it... That is certainly possible.

Heard someone on TV last night mention "misprision of felony."  Sounds like they need evidence that she "actively concealed" evidence that he was going to commit his act of terrorism. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misprision_of_felony