Author Topic: Trump: U.S. troops stole money in Iraq  (Read 1110 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Trump: U.S. troops stole money in Iraq
« on: June 14, 2016, 10:55:38 PM »
Pretty disrespectful.

Donald Trump rang in the Army’s 241st birthday in unusual fashion on Tuesday — by calling attention to theft of government funds by American soldiers in Iraq.

“Iraq, crooked as hell. How about bringing baskets of money — millions and millions of dollars — and handing it out?,” Trump said at an evening rally. “I want to know who were the soldiers that had that job, because I think they’re living very well right now, whoever they may be.”
Story Continued Below

Trump appeared to be referring to the many known instances in which members of the American military members skimmed U.S. government cash intended for reconstruction projects or otherwise engaged in theft or bribery. According to a 2015 report by the Center for Public Integrity, a nonpartisan watchdog group, "at least 115 enlisted personnel and military officers [were] convicted since 2005 of committing theft, bribery, and contract-rigging crimes valued at $52 million during their deployments in Afghanistan and Iraq."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-us-troop-stole-millions-and-millions-in-iraq-224352#ixzz4BcnRSV8A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Trump: U.S. troops stole money in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 05:16:50 AM »
trump refuses to back down from "obama supports the terr'ists"

this election is absolutely spectacular to watch, even tho I'm not a trump supporter. 

Kinda rooting for it to go 7 games, just for the entertainment value lol.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 05:25:51 AM »
How to lose an election 101 - go after the group still supporting you. 

Yeah its not intentional.   ::)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 06:35:42 AM »
How to lose an election 101 - go after the group still supporting you. 

Yeah its not intentional.   ::)

I couldn't write a better novel than this...Amazing!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 09:17:09 AM »
What possible good comes from reminding everyone that our troops did wrong a decade ago?

He's either unstable, or he's trying to lose.  Highly immature and just weird to say this. 

Nobody defending him on get big anymore.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 01:05:19 PM »
He was implying that Iraqi troops stole it...not US troops. The article and the publication pushing the story are lefty sites. Further VOTEVETS is full of shit. I have zero doubt that Trump really doesn't care a ton about the troops but in this case I don't think he ment what was said.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 01:15:41 PM »
He was implying that Iraqi troops stole it...not US troops. The article and the publication pushing the story are lefty sites. Further VOTEVETS is full of shit. I have zero doubt that Trump really doesn't care a ton about the troops but in this case I don't think he ment what was said.

no, he was NOT.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 01:18:21 PM »
Yes he WAS...does that make it more or less true. 240 you're a dem shill...anything that's supports the dems is good by you.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 01:30:40 PM »
He said he wanted to konw who the soldiers were, who were handing it out.

"How about bringing baskets of money — millions and millions of dollars — and handing it out?,” Trump said at an evening rally. “I want to know who were the soldiers that had that job,"

THEN

he said he wanted to know who had that job - HANDING IT OUT.       Toss in the fact some of our guys were busted for it... sheesh, I think it's pretty obvious. 

I want to know who were the soldiers that had that job, because I think they’re living very well right now

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 08:41:16 AM »

no he was not..he clearly meant American troops......and I think he is right that U.S. troops stole money.....so did the CIA....these things happen during war...not a big revelation

James

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 09:27:36 AM »
AP FACT CHECK: Is Trump right that US soldiers stole loot?

WASHINGTON (AP) — It's not every day a presidential candidate will question the actions of the troops, and it may not make for smart politics. But that's what Donald Trump did at a rally in North Carolina, when he seemed to accuse U.S. soldiers of making off with aid money meant for Iraq's reconstruction.

The claim may have been eye-popping — but he was right.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/b3215c99ff85441bb125a69625f8260f/ap-fact-check-trump-right-us-soldiers-stole-loot

U.S. military personnel have been convicted of $50 million worth of crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan

Since 2005, 115 U.S. service members have been convicted of crimes valued at more than $50 million in Iraq and Afghanistan, including stealing, rigging contracts, and taking bribes

https://www.publicintegrity.org/2015/05/05/17268/us-military-personnel-have-been-convicted-50-million-worth-crimes-iraq-and

Trump’s Not Wrong: Some U.S. Soldiers Did Steal Money In Iraq

"At least 115 enlisted personnel and military officers [have been] convicted since 2005 of committing theft, bribery, and contract-rigging crimes valued at $52 million during their deployments in Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a comprehensive tally of court records by the Center for Public Integrity."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/06/15/trump_accused_u_s_soldiers_of_stealing_he_s_not_wrong.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 10:53:38 AM »
Factually, Trump is right.

IMO, it's just another example of him TRYING to piss off groups whose support he needs (military).

Or he just cannot control himself... just because he recalls something about troops yanking $ a decade ago - doesn't mean he has to SAY IT and remind everyone of the disgrace.   

Intentional self-destruct or "really just that ignorant/unaware".   I do not know which.