Author Topic: Moderate Muslims  (Read 3649 times)

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
Re: Moderate Muslims
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2016, 02:14:07 AM »
interesting thread. for once.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2016, 02:36:32 AM »
Well technically they do.. they word "Christ" Greek: "Christós" Hebrew: Messiah was send by God as a prophet to save the Jews...Muslim believe that.

However the earliest followers of Jesus/Jeshua/Isaah didn't believe he was son of God nor "GOD" i.e: The Ebionites

This makes much more sense, I'm not a religious but I do think they "Romans/Jews/etc." tampered with the word of Jesus/Isaah on the Trinity BS.

Because Idolatry was almost the pillar of the Romans empire, very much like USA Empire.. is based on idols. Jesus was against Idolatry.

Regardless of the theological accuracies, the figure and importance of Jesus differs in Islam when compared to what is generally believed in Christianity.
Muslims often use the fact that Jesus (and the prophets from the OT) is venerated in Islam to try to win converts among lapsed and gullible Christians.

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2016, 03:42:33 AM »
Muslims often use the fact that Jesus (and the prophets from the OT) is venerated in Islam to try to win converts among lapsed and gullible Christians.

This I totally agree, I have many discussion with them using science trying to prove points in favour of Islam.

However the number of True Christians aren't many, and the people who are lazy to study(the majority) most certain fall in the pit of belief, Islam has converted thousands of Swedes. Because it covers many questions ignorant people have.. politics/medicin/love/war you name it..

Religion was probably invented to spread the love.. but that's another topic.. have a nice day bro :)

Alfurinn

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2016, 03:18:33 AM »
If I may ask. Those who identify as heterosexual men, why do you oppose Islam?

I am an agnostic, but having read a few pages of the quran Islam is pretty much super in favour of heterosexual men. It doesn't instruct the persecution or even the killing of heterosexual men for being heterosexual, instead it favours your position in society.

Unless you are a christian or gay, you are pretty much safe as a heterosexual man where Islam rules. I see some things in common between Islam and some users in the way they envision the world.

Heterosexual men in the Middle East look kind of comfortable with Islam ruling in their countries, I don't really see them suffering or anything like that. If they defend it then it perhaps means it is not that bad as we are told in the West.

So, could it be that some of you are worrying too much about something that would actually not affect you much?

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2016, 03:44:16 AM »
Are there moderate and extremist getbiggers as well?

Now THERE's a fun game to play today... 

...although thinking about it for just 10 seconds... it might be perceived as somewhat akin to drawing up an 'alpha & beta' list, so might not go down too well!  Anyone being named as moderate might go off on an internet - serious bizness - direction...

:)

T

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2016, 04:26:09 AM »
any religious person believing in sky men r not moderate, in my opinion.they are beyond reason and will do extremely dumb shit in the name of religion

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2016, 10:19:41 AM »

I am an agnostic, but having read a few pages of the quran Islam is pretty much super in favour of heterosexual men. It doesn't instruct the persecution or even the killing of heterosexual men for being heterosexual, instead it favours your position in society.

Unless you are a christian or gay, you are pretty much safe as a heterosexual man where Islam rules. I see some things in common between Islam and some users in the way they envision the world.

Heterosexual men in the Middle East look kind of comfortable with Islam ruling in their countries, I don't really see them suffering or anything like that. If they defend it then it perhaps means it is not that bad as we are told in the West.

So, could it be that some of you are worrying too much about something that would actually not affect you much?

It's a fair point and TBH, there are some positive aspects of Islam. I think a more patriarchal society would be better than the regressive, feminized one which Western nations have embraced.

However, while Islam may not be all bad, it does have many unpleasant and bad aspects to it. It suppresses freedom and thought and expression. At it's core, it's a supremacist belief which is highly intolerant towards anything that opposes it. It is also very Arab-centric in nature and is hostile against other cultures and ideas. Many things that we all consider important parts of civilization, are viewed as "haram" and forbidden under Islamic law - such as listening and playing music. This is just scratching the surface. Dig a bit deeper and it just gets worse.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2016, 10:28:31 AM »
I know quite a few moderate Muslims. I'd probably just call them cultural Muslims because they identify with the religion for cultural reasons but don't really follow the faith to any proper extent and have little understanding of it's core tenants.
From my experience, these Muslims actually tend to sincerely believe that Islam is a peaceful religion since they view it from a romanticized perspective as they haven't studied it.

What I find concerning is how suddenly many moderate Muslims can start becoming more religious
. It's like something switches in their head and they go from normal, intelligent individuals to brainwashed sheeple with zero critical thinking. I've seen it happen to a lesser extent even with an ex-girlfriend.  

In particular, second generation immigrants.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2016, 10:32:42 AM »

Separation of church and state.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2016, 01:16:45 PM »
Do the KKK represent all Christians?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2016, 01:44:40 PM »

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2016, 02:28:58 PM »
Do the KKK represent all Christians?

I don't believe any person represents anyone other themselves. However, what the KKK does goes against the teachings of Jesus. Does the actions of radical Islamists go against the teachings of their prophet?

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2016, 05:52:00 PM »
And herein lies the problem - religion just a load of BS - from any angle. And like most dogma that is based on pure horseshit it  actually provides nothing. You can argue that there are many good things it does and you'd be right to a degree. You can also argue it does many bad things and you would also be right. But no one can seriously argue that we couldn't have achieved any of the good stuff without recourse to sky fairies and such but you definately can seriously argue that without it we as a race might have done far better. So in quantum religion has definately done far greater damage to the world than if there had never been such a now thoroughly debunked, antiquated load of tripe. But unfortunately it provides 'sustenance' to a whole new generation of trogs, of disenfranchised and uneducated marginalised hordes and provides 'justifications' for atrocities at the behest of elites. What a sad fucked up world in which we live.

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2016, 06:13:24 PM »
And herein lies another problem. Even if we secularise the entire world (which ultimately will occur over time if the human race doesn't destroy itself entirely first) those same people - the unwashed masses and the architects of social engineering - will simply find other excuses for tyrrany and exploitation. Oh well.... ;D

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2016, 06:35:36 PM »
'any religious person believing in sky men r not moderate, in my opinion.they are beyond reason and will do extremely dumb shit in the name of religion'

u said it brother. Amen! Glory be! Big ups to the prophet!
Sad thing is there is little or no point whatsoever in having  this  type of discussion with anyone who does 'believe' in sky fairies and unfortunately as I get older and my tolerance and wisdom decline with advancing years I will probably end up being perfectly accepting of genocide etc provided I am not on the receiving end. Life is still brutish, nasty and short and will always be for the vast majority of people because that is what we all essentially are - simply products of our environment that just so happen to have evolved  to the top of the food chain. We pretty smart too - but sentience does not necessarily equate with intellectual sensibility . maybe another few million years of human brain evolution will see that change but we could have to make it that far first.  ;D