Author Topic: My HS History teacher de-friended me on FB over the gun issue.  (Read 1853 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
When he kept obsessing over why anyone needs a gun of any sort or even a AR15 or rifle? etc I retorted with

Why did he as a 74 yo man need a BMW z4 that goes 3x the legal speed limit? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: My HS History teacher de-friended me on FB over the gun issue.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 05:52:58 AM »
Oh and then -

I asked him as an elderly gentleman if he was qualified and trained to drive a car like that and whether it was prudent that he take a yearly drivers test, etc. 

I asked him if he was more of a threat to the public driving daily on the roads w a z4 than i was who keeps a gun in a safe, under lock and key, and goes to the range only a few times a year at best.  Meltdown on his part.

Typical lib reaction

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 06:32:59 AM »
Actually...it wasn't a meltdown at all....his reaction as a teacher was appropriate since he probably realized you are an idiot and didn't learn anything from him in high school ;D

your analogy is totally wrong...BMW's are not in the news daily due to they're being the cause of mass killings

TRY AGAIN...you are just a lackey for the NRA....I thought you were smarter

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 06:37:32 AM »
Actually...it wasn't a meltdown at all....his reaction as a teacher was appropriate since he probably realized you are an idiot and didn't learn anything from him in high school ;D

your analogy is totally wrong...BMW's are not in the news daily due to they're being the cause of mass killings

The issue is when you have a right - as is the 2nd Amend - what you think I need or dont is meaningless. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 12:23:20 PM »
When he kept obsessing over why anyone needs a gun of any sort or even a AR15 or rifle? etc I retorted with

Why did he as a 74 yo man need a BMW z4 that goes 3x the legal speed limit? 

that's a good point that you're making 333

let's treat guns like cars

The primary purpose of a car is to kill people and there is no doubt I can take my car and commit mass murder by running people over.  I can also use my car to hold people hostage in a nightclub and then systematically kill them

well, close enough anyway, so let's just treat guns like cars

So, we'll have a long training and licensing process

All guns will have a registered owner and also require liability insurance

And of course we'll need periodic re-testing to make sure the owner is still capable of using his gun safely and is not a danger  to himself or the public

Finally, 333 and I can agree on something

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 12:49:37 PM »

Well I imagine that soul learned what the purpose of the 2nd Amendment was in that history class...and he read the words "shall not be infringed". He also might have learned about various governments and what happens when they seize the weapons from the people. Yup history is a great place to learn about why an armed populace must exits. Understand this douchebag...you libs are vastly outnumber by us.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 12:54:50 PM »

Well I imagine that soul learned what the purpose of the 2nd Amendment was in that history class...and he read the words "shall not be infringed". He also might have learned about various governments and what happens when they seize the weapons from the people. Yup history is a great place to learn about why an armed populace must exits. Understand this douchebag...you libs are vastly outnumber by us.

don't forget "well regulated"

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 01:00:57 PM »
Yup...well regulated...meaning you must keep your weapon clean and your powder dry. Not the ability to march, load, fire and reload. Further..it was the intent of the framers that a well regulated militia extend to privateers who privately owned gunboats with CANNONS...so when u idiots say things like...should you have a rocket launcher...well the framers sure as fuck did.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 01:07:57 PM »
Yup...well regulated...meaning you must keep your weapon clean and your powder dry. Not the ability to march, load, fire and reload. Further..it was the intent of the framers that a well regulated militia extend to privateers who privately owned gunboats with CANNONS...so when u idiots say things like...should you have a rocket launcher...well the framers sure as fuck did.

LOL

is that what you think that means?

why not just  say "well maintained" instead  because well regulated could mean a lot of different things

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 01:10:18 PM »

The primary purpose of a car is to kill people and there is no doubt I can take my car and commit mass murder by running people over.  I can also use my car to hold people hostage in a nightclub and then systematically kill them

And of course we'll need periodic re-testing to make sure the owner is still capable of using his gun safely and is not a danger  to himself or the public

I have no problem w proficiency and training requirement to get a license

In NYC all handguns are reigstered on your permit

I dont agree w liability insurance

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 01:15:29 PM »
I have no problem w proficiency and training requirement to get a license

In NYC all handguns are reigstered on your permit

I dont agree w liability insurance

just curious

why not, you need it for you car and the primary use of a car is not to shoot someone

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 01:17:19 PM »
LOL

is that what you think that means?

why not just  say "well maintained" instead  because well regulated could mean a lot of different things

Um no.......I could cut and paste till my fingers bleed but...LOL I just don't pull shit out of my ass guy.

The words "well regulated" had a far different meaning at the time the Second Amendment was drafted. In the context of the Constitution's provisions for Congressional power over certain aspects of the militia, and in the context of the Framers' definition of "militia," government regulation was not the intended meaning. Rather, the term meant only what it says, that the necessary militia be well regulated, but not by the national government.

To determine the meaning of the Constitution, one must start with the words of the Constitution itself. If the meaning is plain, that meaning controls. To ascertain the meaning of the term "well regulated" as it was used in the Second Amendment, it is necessary to begin with the purpose of the Second Amendment itself. The overriding purpose of the Framers in guaranteeing the right of the people to keep and bear arms was as a check on the standing army, which the Constitution gave the Congress the power to "raise and support."

As Noah Webster put it in a pamphlet urging ratification of the Constitution, "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe." George Mason remarked to his Virginia delegates regarding the colonies' recent experience with Britain, in which the Monarch's goal had been "to disarm the people; that [that] . . . was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." A widely reprinted article by Tench Coxe, an ally and correspondent of James Madison, described the Second Amendment's overriding goal as a check upon the national government's standing army: As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the next article in their right to keep and bear their private arms.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 01:26:40 PM »
just curious

why not, you need it for you car and the primary use of a car is not to shoot someone

Because liability insurance is mainly for property damage to ones own vehicle and no one is obligated to buy or purchase a vehicle in order to have a license to drive. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 02:15:06 PM »
Because liability insurance is mainly for property damage to ones own vehicle and no one is obligated to buy or purchase a vehicle in order to have a license to drive. 

It also has a bodily injury component which covers you if you're at fault for an accident and injure someone else

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 02:45:40 PM »
It also has a bodily injury component which covers you if you're at fault for an accident and injure someone else

The people who that will impact are statistically zero in terms of the risk pool.  Additionally, how much coverage?   

Also, does this only occur for new guns?  What if someone has an unregistered long arm? 

The other issue is that you are charigng someone to exercise a right - which is illegal.   Like a poll tax or speech tax.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 03:29:22 PM »

Um no.......I could cut and paste till my fingers bleed but...LOL I just don't pull shit out of my ass guy.

The words "well regulated" had a far different meaning at the time the Second Amendment was drafted. In the context of the Constitution's provisions for Congressional power over certain aspects of the militia, and in the context of the Framers' definition of "militia," government regulation was not the intended meaning. Rather, the term meant only what it says, that the necessary militia be well regulated, but not by the national government.

To determine the meaning of the Constitution, one must start with the words of the Constitution itself. If the meaning is plain, that meaning controls. To ascertain the meaning of the term "well regulated" as it was used in the Second Amendment, it is necessary to begin with the purpose of the Second Amendment itself. The overriding purpose of the Framers in guaranteeing the right of the people to keep and bear arms was as a check on the standing army, which the Constitution gave the Congress the power to "raise and support."

As Noah Webster put it in a pamphlet urging ratification of the Constitution, "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe." George Mason remarked to his Virginia delegates regarding the colonies' recent experience with Britain, in which the Monarch's goal had been "to disarm the people; that [that] . . . was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." A widely reprinted article by Tench Coxe, an ally and correspondent of James Madison, described the Second Amendment's overriding goal as a check upon the national government's standing army: As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the next article in their right to keep and bear their private arms.

Good post. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 03:46:23 PM »

Hmm, seems things have changed a bit since the Constitution was written given that we now have a standing Army that could absolutely overwhelm any militia in this country.  Seems like you'd be aware of this given what you do for a living.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2016, 05:14:33 PM »

Your sarcasm is noted. However it's probably because you don't have a counterpoint. More people are killed in cars annually than by guns. More people die from alcohol and tobacco use than guns as well. Also, I found it weird that more people die from poisoning than guns but whatever.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2016, 05:46:58 PM »
Your sarcasm is noted. However it's probably because you don't have a counterpoint. More people are killed in cars annually than by guns. More people die from alcohol and tobacco use than guns as well. Also, I found it weird that more people die from poisoning than guns but whatever.

Let me how many people commit murder (much less mass murder) with their car or using alcohol and tobacco and then you might have a point

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 05:45:04 AM »
Let me how many people commit murder (much less mass murder) with their car or using alcohol and tobacco and then you might have a point

So you dont care about the amount of the dead - just the tool used?  If people were using cars instead or propane tanks or knives, etc - you would be for banning those?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 07:17:42 AM »
So you dont care about the amount of the dead - just the tool used?  If people were using cars instead or propane tanks or knives, etc - you would be for banning those?

Don't be a fool....cars and tobacco aren't causing mass carnage.....when's the last time you saw a news bulletin whereby cigarettes killed dozens of people in one shot or a car did the same??????????

VERY DISENGENUOUS

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 09:32:08 AM »
Don't be a fool....cars and tobacco aren't causing mass carnage.....when's the last time you saw a news bulletin whereby cigarettes killed dozens of people in one shot or a car did the same??????????

VERY DISENGENUOUS
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 09:36:45 AM »
what are the rules and qualifications you need to gain to own a Hand gun in the US of A...? Does it depend on the Firearm?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 09:56:22 AM »

it's got nothing to due with the # of deaths

kind of odd that you would need this explained to you

Also, when did I ever say I was for banning all guns?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 11:55:40 AM »
what are the rules and qualifications you need to gain to own a Hand gun in the US of A...? Does it depend on the Firearm?
Varies from state to state but background checks are mandatory.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!