Author Topic: LBGT question  (Read 4073 times)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
LBGT question
« on: June 19, 2016, 04:19:19 AM »
saw an LGBT office with a "dont profile muslims!" sign in the window. Im confused, dont gay people know that muslims hate them even more than christians (who are hateful angry and judgmental as well) do? where did this defense of muslims in the LGBT community come from? seems pretty misguided. and this observation is coming from an atheist liberal minded dude like myself.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
Re: LBGT question
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 05:26:31 AM »
saw an LGBT office with a "dont profile muslims!" sign in the window. Im confused, dont gay people know that muslims hate them even more than christians (who are hateful angry and judgmental as well) do? where did this defense of muslims in the LGBT community come from? seems pretty misguided. and this observation is coming from an atheist liberal minded dude like myself.

LGBT people are often populistic leftish people that say and have signs like that cause thats what they are suppose to do

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 05:30:16 AM »
Liberalism is a mental disorder. 

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 05:52:04 AM »

cool hannity and coulter talking point. neocon is a mental disorder as well

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 05:58:16 AM »

But in the case of progressives, it's demonstrably true. As this nihilist, existential example shows. Progressives will protect Muslims all the way to their own decapitation. It's a form of cognitive avoidance probably driven by the cognitive dissonance of their competing victim groups.

Honestly, a mass progressive aneurism would be preferable to the sheer amount of bloody cleanup were gonna have to do to make America great again.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 06:03:30 AM »

Hannity/Coulter? - lol  

I'm basically a libertarian.  Live and let live, but don't force me to accept your views or lifestyle.

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 07:53:21 AM »
If u profile somebody or group then u r basically stereotyping correct? So in the case of muslims the LGBT community (which apparently defines itself exclusively via sexuality) is directing a message toward, I would assume, any body that might make any discriminatory judgements (predjudice) toward another individual or group? Seems a bit hypocritical? and im sorry but if u r religious in any way it generally means you can  readily and reasonably be accurately profiled hence why it is such a useful and reasonable shorthand to understand folks when u dont have time to meet each and everyone of them.If u r religious u r, by any reasonable definition, manifestly temporarily delusional or insane (if u go thru your entire life religious then insane as thats a permanent psychotic disorder). If u need to call yourself a muslim to identify supposedly what u r then u, like anybody who defines themselves by such a ridiculous and limiting metric,  deserves to be profiled but more rightly so as oa brain donor...

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 08:23:05 AM »
In America, at least, Muslims are more liberal than Evangelical Christians.

Polls show Muslims support gay marriage more than Evangelicals.

http://www.prri.org/spotlight/attitudes-on-same-sex-marriage-by-religious-affiliation-and-denominational-family/#.VTetXy5Vikp

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 08:33:09 AM »
Interesting. But not sure how to interpret that. Religious behaviours of any kinds seem to pretty much mirror the state of conflicted and ultimately brain dead rubric by which all religions feed and fester.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 08:34:13 AM »
both are extremes. Extremism is not good.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 08:38:03 AM »
If u profile somebody or group then u r basically stereotyping correct? So in the case of muslims the LGBT community (which apparently defines itself exclusively via sexuality) is directing a message toward, I would assume, any body that might make any discriminatory judgements (predjudice) toward another individual or group? Seems a bit hypocritical? and im sorry but if u r religious in any way it generally means you can  readily and reasonably be accurately profiled hence why it is such a useful and reasonable shorthand to understand folks when u dont have time to meet each and everyone of them.If u r religious u r, by any reasonable definition, manifestly temporarily delusional or insane (if u go thru your entire life religious then insane as thats a permanent psychotic disorder). If u need to call yourself a muslim to identify supposedly what u r then u, like anybody who defines themselves by such a ridiculous and limiting metric,  deserves to be profiled but more rightly so as oa brain donor...

spot on about religion. im curious how AJ and others would respond. one moment they say people that are luberal have a mental disease, but they dont seem to think being religious is a mental disease when they analyze themselves. thats why i always cringe when the right wing bible terds say "liberalism is a disease"...
from reading his posts, Aj is "christian" i think...dont throw stones in glass houses

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 08:39:43 AM »
both are extremes. Extremism is not good.

very true

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 08:40:56 AM »
But in the case of progressives, it's demonstrably true. As this nihilist, existential example shows. Progressives will protect Muslims all the way to their own decapitation. It's a form of cognitive avoidance probably driven by the cognitive dissonance of their competing victim groups.

Honestly, a mass progressive aneurism would be preferable to the sheer amount of bloody cleanup were gonna have to do to make America great again.

do you have a police or military background aj
T

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2016, 08:42:36 AM »
spot on about religion. im curious how AJ and others would respond. one moment they say people that are luberal have a mental disease, but they dont seem to think being religious is a mental disease when they analyze themselves. thats why i always cringe when the right wing bible terds say "liberalism is a disease"...
from reading his posts, Aj is "christian" i think...dont throw stones in glass houses

You two dipshits can't tell the difference between a Christian "extremist" that prays for the soul of a gay man and a Muslim "extremist" that throws the same gay man off a building. Your moral equivalence and willfull blindness sickens me.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 08:44:23 AM »
do you have a police or military background aj

MA State Guard, but I'd hardly call that military.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 08:48:06 AM »
You two dipshits can't tell the difference between a Christian "extremist" that prays for the soul of a gay man and a Muslim "extremist" that throws the same gay man off a building. Your moral equivalence and willfull blindness sickens me.

nice coach style post. you didnt address the question at all. nice deflection

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 08:50:28 AM »

I think it is because, gay people have been hated for years. They know first hand has bad hate is. Therefore, they don't want others to be hated.
A

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2016, 08:51:55 AM »
I think it is because, gay people have been hated for years. They know first hand has bad hate is. Therefore, they don't want others to be hated.

yeah thats what i was thinking but wadnt sure

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2016, 09:10:17 AM »

http://www.prri.org/spotlight/attitudes-on-same-sex-marriage-by-religious-affiliation-and-denominational-family/#.VTetXy5Vikp

lolololol

What ever you say dude.

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2016, 09:35:43 AM »
Then what does that say about liberals/atheists who kowtow to muslims?  Does that make liberals/atheists exponentially more moronic than any other group?  Liberals rightfully fight for women and gay rights yet kiss the ass of muslims who hang gays and stone women. 

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2016, 09:36:55 AM »
lolololol

What ever you say dude.
They throw them off of buildings! Very tolerant!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2016, 09:40:23 AM »

It's a fine idea in principle.

The far left is just as absurd as the far right though (more so imho).

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2016, 09:53:53 AM »

Yes, some Muslims may be supportive of gay marriage in America, but would these same Muslims support gay marriage in their Islamic homelands?

I see the same thing in the UK all the time - Muslims voting for the most left wing governments in the West but also supporting the most ardent, right-wing fundamentalist Islamist leaders in Pakistan/Bangladesh...etc.

Don't for a second believe that those Muslims who support gay marriage in the US actually support gay marriage as a universal concept.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2016, 10:15:48 AM »
Then what does that say about liberals/atheists who kowtow to muslims?  Does that make liberals/atheists exponentially more moronic than any other group?  Liberals rightfully fight for women and gay rights yet kiss the ass of muslims who hang gays and stone women. 

lol wow bro, did you read the OP? that is what im asking is essentially what u ask in ur last sentence

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2016, 10:19:34 AM »
Hannity/Coulter? - lol  

I'm basically a libertarian.  Live and let live, but don't force me to accept your views or lifestyle.

THIS x1000