Author Topic: Arnt guns pretty much banned in Germany? Shooter rampages in movie  (Read 350 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Arnt guns pretty much banned in Germany? Shooter rampages in movie
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 09:55:32 AM »
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/gunman-viernheim-germany-opens-fire-movie-theater-reports-n597676

good point

if gun laws don't stop all people from getting guns then what's the point of having any laws

we have have laws  against drunk driving but it's not stopping all people from getting drunk and getting behind the wheel of a car so for fucks sake why have the law in the first place

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 02:38:45 PM »
good point

if gun laws don't stop all people from getting guns then what's the point of having any laws

we have have laws  against drunk driving but it's not stopping all people from getting drunk and getting behind the wheel of a car so for fucks sake why have the law in the first place
You don't have idiots calling for banning cars though do you?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 09:08:33 PM »
You don't have idiots calling for banning cars though do you?

nope but for some reason people like you keep up bringing stupid comparisons between guns and cars or guns and "x" etc..

I'm not even going to bother to type a new response.  I'll just copy my old one

BTW - I thought you said you weren't going to respond to my posts anymore

that's a good point that you're making 333

let's treat guns like cars

The primary purpose of a car is to kill people and there is no doubt I can take my car and commit mass murder by running people over.  I can also use my car to hold people hostage in a nightclub and then systematically kill them

well, close enough anyway, so let's just treat guns like cars

So, we'll have a long training and licensing process

All guns will have a registered owner and also require liability insurance

And of course we'll need periodic re-testing to make sure the owner is still capable of using his gun safely and is not a danger  to himself or the public

Finally, 333 and I can agree on something

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 08:14:32 AM »
Lol you don't have a right to a car there straw. Cars are not essential for freedom and you don't have people wanting to ban cars.

I would be ok with registering guns if you could guarantee that you/others won't try and take away guns from gun owners?

Once you can assure me of that I'll jump on a gun registration band wagon