Author Topic: Good News for Fundies  (Read 424 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Good News for Fundies
« on: June 25, 2016, 08:43:51 PM »
James Dobson: Trump recently accepted 'a relationship with Christ'

The presumptive Republican nominee captured a significant number of evangelical voters during the Republican primary, and that may be due to recently accepting “a relationship with Christ,” according to evangelical leader James Dobson

Trump met with hundreds of evangelical leaders in New York earlier this week, and while some well-known figures — such as Liberty University president, Jerry Falwell Jr. — have endorsed the candidate, others are more hesitant to do so.  However, Dobson, a Christian psychologist and founder of the Focus on the Family group, said he knows “the person who led [Trump] to Christ. And that’s fairly recent.”

“I don’t know when it was, but it has not been long,” Dobson said in an interview with Pennsylvania megachurch pastor Michael Anthony following that meeting in New York. ”I believe he really made a commitment, but he’s a baby Christian.”  Evangelicals are a key part of the Republican base that Trump will need to turn out in the general election. In the primaries, many evangelical voters preferred Ted Cruz or Ben Carson.

Of the meeting, Dobson — who was previously critical of Trump — said, "I certainly liked what I saw today," POLITICO previously reported.
“I’ve been a Christian, and I love Christianity and the evangelicals have been so incredibly supportive,” Trump said in the private session with evangelicals this week, according to audio obtained by POLITICO. “Don’t forget, when I ran, and all of a sudden I went to states that were highly evangelical, like as an example, South Carolina, and they said, ‘Well, Trump won’t win this state because it’s evangelical’ … not only did I win, I won in a landslide.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-james-dobson-evangelicals-224799#ixzz4CeZY7fUv
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Purge_WTF

Re: Good News for Fundies
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 04:47:21 AM »
 Awesome if it's true, but I still think she's going to win it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 08:35:12 AM »
Awesome if it's true, but I still think she's going to win it.

you're dubious that Trump has "accepted a relationship with christ"?

Purge_WTF

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 08:48:25 AM »
you're dubious that Trump has "accepted a relationship with christ"?

Well, we can only take Dobson and his friends at their word.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 09:13:32 AM »
Well, we can only take Dobson and his friends at their word.

You don't think Dobson has special fundie powers to know when someone has an authentic "relationship" with a figment of their imagination?