Author Topic: I MAY BE STUPID, BUT I AIN’T SMART - AESTHETICS!  (Read 815 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I MAY BE STUPID, BUT I AIN’T SMART - AESTHETICS!
« on: June 26, 2016, 10:45:21 AM »
I may be dumb but ….    I have never heard nor used the word “AESTHETICS”  ....... until just recently.

And I had to look it up in a dictionary to discover what it really meant only to discover that it means different things which some GetBiggers may wish to debate over when the word  “AESTHETICS” is used within the world of bodybuilding and the lifting of heavy things.

For you GetBiggers no smarter than myself, here is what ESTHETICS means  according to one of numerous dictionaries ……

a.  Aesthetics is that branch of philosophy that deals with the nature, expression, and perception of beauty, as in the fine arts.
b. Aesthetics is the study of the psychological responses to beauty and artistic experiences.

c. Aesthetics is a conception of what is artistically valid or beautiful.

So it appears to me that aesthetics is something that exists within the mind of the beholder and not something that exists within someone independent of that beholder's mind!

And now aesthetics seems to be the popular term for a vast number of current day  ‘bodybuilders’ who claim to be naturals or damn close to it.

It seems to be the word that is catching on among thousands (if not millions) of muscle enthusiasts throughout the universe .... and possibly even beyond!

Aesthetics  appears to be the upcoming and biggest 'thing' within the world of muscle.. but most of us are not even aware of it because too many of us are too damn impressed by the Golieths of  this present age.

But aesthetics is 'sneaking' up on us pretty dam swiftly and will most likely change the modus operandi of the bodybuilding world right before our very eyeballs before your very next birthday.

If you think that all the above is bullshit .... feel free to check out Instagram or any other social network page and do a search for "aesthetic bodybuilding" or some similar aesthetic phrase.

Be prepared to do an 'aesthetic' count up to a number to the 18th power while numbering those who ain't much more easily.  

What surprises me a bit is that contest promoters have yet to use a contest title such as ... Mr. or Mrs. or Ms. Esthetics!

The prejudging alone of that event would take a few months at least.

And that  title in itself might make it easier to determine the placings from top to bottom. It would simply be a matter for the judges to determine who is  the best looking overall male and the best looking overall female.

Maybe!

Maybe not!

You have to remember that aesthetics is something within their (the judges' ) own minds ...... and that is where the 'confusion' starts.

So before we all get too confused .... I'll wrap this up by simply stating/forecasting that esthetics is the future of bodybuilding comps.

Maybe!

Maybe not!

But I'm on the "maybe" side!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: I MAY BE STUPID, BUT I AIN’T SMART - AESTHETICS!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 11:15:05 AM »
Powerful, gripping reflection, broskie.
X