Author Topic: Nonpartisan committee: Trump budget will raise debt highest in US history, highe  (Read 1299 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Remember that Trump said he'd COMPLETELY ERASE the national debt in 8 years  ;)

Well, it' turns out Trump was talking out of his ass on this.

Donald Trump Would Push Debt To Highest Level In U.S. History, Report Says
Making America great again — by running up huge IOUs.

06/26/2016 07:00 pm ET | Updated 45 minutes ago

Jonathan Cohn Senior National Correspondent, The Huffington Post

Donald Trump’s policy agenda would quickly push the national debt to its highest level in history, according to a new report.

The analysis, which the nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget published Sunday evening, represents one of the first serious efforts to assess how electing Trump or his chief rival for the presidency, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, might affect federal finances over time.

Rather than focusing on individual policy initiatives — like Trump’s call to abolish the estate tax, or Clinton’s pledge to help working parents pay for child care — this new analysis takes into account all of the candidates’ proposals to date, in order to assess how they would alter the federal budget and, ultimately, the amount of debt that the public holds.

........................ ........

The resulting contrast was stark. As the report demonstrates, the election doesn’t simply present Americans with a choice between a politician who disparages entire ethnic and religious groups and a politician who preaches the virtues of diversity. It also offers a choice between a candidate who’d create vast new deficits for the sake of some highly questionable tax cuts — and one proposing a more modest agenda of expanded government programs, with added revenue that would cover nearly all of their cost.................... ........
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-debt_us_57701efbe4b0dbb1bbbae2c9

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Haha yet another page out of obamas playbook

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Haha yet another page out of obamas playbook

Tony. Can you clarify that statement. I don't quite know what you mean when you say that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Tony. Can you clarify that statement. I don't quite know what you mean when you say that.

he doesn't like the facts.  so he wants to make this a pissing contest with insults.

equating this to obama?  Does he mean how Trump has used 12 of the 13 alisnky tactics?  He's right about that, but I don't know if that is what tony was getting at.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Remember the Obama promise to eliminate the deficit?

Trump is doing nothing more than making big promises that he will never deliver on...just like Obama

240 is Back

• Getbig V

The deficit and national debt are two vastly different things.  Do you know that?   

Fixing tens of trillions in debt is way greater than running an annual surplus.   Trump said we'll have another recession, AND he will eliminate 20 trillion in debt completely, in 8 years.  This is beyond delusional thinking.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama already doubled the debt himself. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...

Trump is doing nothing more than making big promises that he will never deliver on...just like Obama

Oh. Yes. Absolutely.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Obama already doubled the debt himself. 

correct.  but so did bush, so did clinton, and so will prez #45, whether it's hilary or Trump.   

Trump said he would ERASE 20 trillion in debt.  That's beyond massive, that's groundbreaking.   Either it's an obvious lie, or...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
The deficit and national debt are two vastly different things.  Do you know that?   

Fixing tens of trillions in debt is way greater than running an annual surplus.   Trump said we'll have another recession, AND he will eliminate 20 trillion in debt completely, in 8 years.  This is beyond delusional thinking.   
Yes Cracker Jack you, I do that's why I used the correct word

So your issue is that trump is make a bigger non achievable promise? Got it, where do you draw the line on grandeur of non achievable promises?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
As long as its Trump..not anything Hilary, 240 will continue to post the shit out of it.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Yes Cracker Jack you, I do that's why I used the correct word

So your issue is that trump is make a bigger non achievable promise? Got it, where do you draw the line on grandeur of non achievable promises?

What was Obama's exact promise?

Obama only dropped the deficit by 1 trillion.
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/deficit-shrinks-1-trillion-obama-era

Did you want me to change the subject line to "Thread about Obama's underperforming on deficit" since "Trump budget" is something you'd rather not discuss.

tonyyyyyyyyyyyy - please tell me you weren't absorbed by Team Trump.  You used to dislike him.  Have you changed your mind now?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
What was Obama's exact promise?

Obama only dropped the deficit by 1 trillion.
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/deficit-shrinks-1-trillion-obama-era

Did you want me to change the subject line to "Thread about Obama's underperforming on deficit" since "Trump budget" is something you'd rather not discuss.

tonyyyyyyyyyyyy - please tell me you weren't absorbed by Team Trump.  You used to dislike him.  Have you changed your mind now?
The majority if not all of the deficit reduction was the result of the sequester that Obama opposed.

Again at what point is an absurd promise to absurd to you 240?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
The majority if not all of the deficit reduction was the result of the sequester that Obama opposed.
Again at what point is an absurd promise to absurd to you 240?

Trump said he'll completely erase the debt in 8 years.

You pointing out the *cause* of the debt has nothing to do with Trump.  He knows it'll be 22 or 23 tril when he takes over. 

Nobody asked "Tony, why is this debt here".   We all know why it's here.  Point is, Trump says he'll erase it in 8 years.

Do you believe Trump's claim?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Trump said he'll completely erase the debt in 8 years.

You pointing out the *cause* of the debt has nothing to do with Trump.  He knows it'll be 22 or 23 tril when he takes over. 

Nobody asked "Tony, why is this debt here".   We all know why it's here.  Point is, Trump says he'll erase it in 8 years.

Do you believe Trump's claim?
Holy shit Cracker Jack U did an even worse job educating you than I thought.

My very first post in this thread was comparing trumps lies to Obamas lies and you still think I believe him?

LMFAO shit almighty boy, you're a special kind of stupid

240 is Back

• Getbig V
My very first post in this thread was comparing trumps lies to Obamas lies and you still think I believe him?

why would you do that?

Thread title isn't "let's compare lies of trump and obama".

You intro'd a moral equivalency to take pressure off Trump here, didn't you? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
why would you do that?

Thread title isn't "let's compare lies of trump and obama".

You intro'd a moral equivalency to take pressure off Trump here, didn't you? 
LMFAO like I said a special kind of stupid

Trumps a hack just like Obama, it's funny that people who did all they could to keep their heads up their asses for Obama are now trying to dig them out for trump