Author Topic: 2016 Olympia - Kevin Levrone Comeback Thread  (Read 47138 times)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: Levrone Thread
« Reply #250 on: August 20, 2016, 02:27:15 AM »
I think he'll show but I don't think the last few months really justifies that he'll show - those last few months would have paid for themselves in exposure, already.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Levrone Thread
« Reply #251 on: August 24, 2016, 06:45:40 AM »
He's not Flex Wheeler. He'll show. He's trained too hard these last few months to not compete.

Not only that , he is certain he'll win ...

ever since he walked away in 2003 he thinks he can/could  just show up and take the tittle from Jay,Dexter and Philsulin  ....he waited all these years because he was hoping for a big break in show biz, that never was.....but he sees himself above every single bodybuilder (besides Ronnie)

WOOOOSHHHHH  BOOM

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
the reason levrone's competing.
« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2017, 04:54:43 PM »
there's been an awful lot of comments about levrone's comebacks.

"all that for a plastic trophy!"

"he need to bring his legs up!"

"why jeopardize his health?"

"he'll never win the olympia!"

well enough.

before his comeback in 2016 he competed in mr olympia in 2003 and finished 6th. payout: $25.000.

that's $1932 per year, $160 per month.

any questions?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: the reason levrone's competing.
« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2017, 04:56:19 PM »

X

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2017, 04:58:36 PM »
last time flex wheeler did mr olympia was in 2002, he finished 7th. payout: $15.000
that's $1000 per year, $83 per month.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: July 27, 2017, 05:00:24 PM »
last time dorian yates competed was in mr olympia in 1997. payout: $110.000
that's $5500 per year, $458 per month.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2017, 05:22:07 PM »
and here's the reason we probably not gonna see phil heath make a comeback after he retires, or appear on joe rogan:

phil heath total prize money earned from his mr olympia placings 2008-2016:

2 million dollars.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2017, 05:41:24 PM »
The reason he's competing is it's who he is and he prob felt lost without it I'm guessing.huge part of his life for so long then gone.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2017, 05:45:13 PM »
and yet he's been able to live without it for 13 years...

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2017, 05:48:24 PM »
and yet he's been able to live without it for 13 years...

Hence the comeback.13 years he wasn't who he is.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: July 27, 2017, 06:04:43 PM »
The comeback and Social Media posts is how Levrone stays relevant for the purpose of selling his fart powders and other merchandise, including seminars.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: July 27, 2017, 06:09:20 PM »
The comeback and Social Media posts is how Levrone stays relevant for the purpose of selling his fart powders and other merchandise, including seminars.

That's definitely part of it.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: July 27, 2017, 06:10:06 PM »
yes it's called BUSINESS.

something that put roof over heads and food on tables for centuries.

but getbiggers dont get it, they seem to think bodybuilders can fall back on their harvard or yale education when theyre done competing.

when levrone put up videos benching they dont understand why this is more popular to watch than a video where he shows he put half an inch on his quads.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #263 on: July 27, 2017, 08:19:21 PM »
A lot of athletes struggle with finding themselves after retiring, Dorian talked about it in his interview with Rogan, not many occupations where you retire before 40, hell my grandfather retired at 65 and didn't know what the hell to do with himself all day, theres only so much golfing and so many vacations to go on before you get bored as fuck. Tons of athletes just lose it after they retire for many reasons, hard to go from being admired by people, traveling the world, the thrill of performing, to living a normal life, with not much direction or purpose to their day.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #264 on: July 27, 2017, 09:20:34 PM »
A lot of athletes struggle with finding themselves after retiring, Dorian talked about it in his interview with Rogan, not many occupations where you retire before 40, hell my grandfather retired at 65 and didn't know what the hell to do with himself all day, theres only so much golfing and so many vacations to go on before you get bored as fuck. Tons of athletes just lose it after they retire for many reasons, hard to go from being admired by people, traveling the world, the thrill of performing, to living a normal life, with not much direction or purpose to their day.
That's the big kicker.  40 is still young(ish) by normal standards.  Lot's of life ahead.  I think fighters/boxers really struggle with this. 

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #265 on: July 27, 2017, 10:43:17 PM »
The Keto Kid: So true. My Grandfather worked hard his whole life. When he retired to his beach house. He was so fucking bored, he was about to try to get a job at a local gas station! I said to him, "The fucking Gas Station?" He said its work! And I need it. He never did, but he hated retirement.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: July 27, 2017, 11:19:37 PM »
The average NFL career is 3.3 years according to the players association.  Best to finish your degree while in college.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2017, 12:26:57 AM »
The money is nothing, no bodybuilder on earth rely on contest winning to make a living. I think he really miss the fame and the attention.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2017, 02:39:43 AM »
it's very impressive to see how old dogs like levrone, dorian and flex has found ways to stay relevant and marketing themselves.

youtube and instagram didnt even exist back when they were competing and here they are along side ct fletcher and rich piana.

dorian went on joe weider, the day after he had jamie foxx on his show.

flex got 271k followers on instagram. dorian 476k, levrone 619k.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: July 28, 2017, 05:28:55 AM »
Levrone felt small, and he thought: "I ratherbebig".

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2017, 05:58:28 AM »
Kevin needs to grow his hair as he is one of the few men of color who do not look good with a shaved head. HAIR IS A MUST!!!

J

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #271 on: July 28, 2017, 07:04:27 AM »
The Keto Kid: So true. My Grandfather worked hard his whole life. When he retired to his beach house. He was so fucking bored, he was about to try to get a job at a local gas station! I said to him, "The fucking Gas Station?" He said its work! And I need it. He never did, but he hated retirement.
Exactly many retired people struggle with this, I just met a Walmart greeter a few months back, Indian fellow, every time I go there, he's always smiling, dressed very well, nicely groomed, always greets me with "hey buddy" always give me compliments telling me I have a great physique, well the other day he stops me as I'm walking out and asked me how long I've been training, and we discuss bodybuilding. He tells me both of his sons are into training, shows me their photos and both looked really good, he was telling me because of their work its hard for them to train because they are so busy. I asked what their occupations were, he said they are both doctors, I was like wow nice, I said must have cost you a lot of money putting them through college, he goes on to tell me he owned a successful restaurant for over 30 years, he retired at 60 but got so bored he just wanted a job to get out of the house and interact with people, I told him I totally understand this because of my grandfather went through same thing when he retired, he said he loves it, being at Walmart he sees all kind of funny/crazy shit, meets all kind of people, the guy is really happy just to get out of his house and get away from his wife and have some direction to his day, the kicker is this dude drives a fuckin Bentley lol, he showed me his car, we both started laughing, most people probably look down at the guy thinking he's some broke Walmart greeter, yet the guy was a super successful business man, that just wants a job to stay busy. Not sure why everyone is in such a rush to retire and do nothing for the rest of their life, in some people it can be a recipe for disaster.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: July 28, 2017, 08:41:52 AM »
i can think of a few things to do other than work.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #273 on: July 28, 2017, 09:52:01 AM »
He has no other pragmatic skill sets... that's why.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2017, 04:32:42 PM »
last time dorian yates competed was in mr olympia in 1997. payout: $110.000
that's $5500 per year, $458 per month.

He owned a gym as well. Not sure how much sponsorships and other promotions would pay in pro bodybuilding.