Author Topic: Anyone here ever complete an iron man?  (Read 1347 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
Anyone here ever complete an iron man?
« on: June 28, 2016, 09:01:40 PM »
Thinking of training for one.  Anyone have any tips of where to start?

Stephano

• Getbig IV
Re: Anyone here ever complete an iron man?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 02:13:19 AM »
This place is called "Get Big".

If you train for an Ironman, you can kiss all of your muscle mass goodbye.
(And if you've been a serious bodybuilder on the juice for a decade or two, your heart might decide to quit on you.)

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 06:29:18 AM »
Haha.... The above poster must still abide by the Weider Principles.  Kiss your mass goodbye lol.  Many multi sport athletes look better than "exclusive" body builders, clean or not.

To the OP.....If you have ever competed in a half or full marathon, can swim competitively, and can maintain 15-20 mph for an hour or so on a bike, then yes you can participate in an Ironman or Half Ironman.
Make sure you train to the point of minimal time acceptance, as there are cutoff times for each discipline. If you fail to make cutoff, your race is done and you trained only to be disappointed.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 08:43:32 AM »
Haha.... The above poster must still abide by the Weider Principles.  Kiss your mass goodbye lol.  Many multi sport athletes look better than "exclusive" body builders, clean or not.

If you want to be a real competitor you will lose size, that's not even debatable.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 09:42:10 AM »
If you want to be a real competitor you will lose size, that's not even debatable.

By "real " competitor if you mean finishing on the podium, then yes....a bodybuilder look will not end up there.  The OP is asking if he can complete an Ironman, not qualify for Kona....but who knows lol.

The OP might even gain size depending on what current condition he's in.

Suffice to say, a real athletic endurance event will never see a bitch-titted, oiled up fucktard ever finish, let alone do well or place.

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 09:49:24 AM »
The OP might even gain size depending on what current condition he's in.

Stupidest thing I've ever seen on this forum, and this forum sets a pretty high bar in that regard.

And, yes, let's check out Alex Viada:

Stringy muscles, embarrassing facial expression, size M shirt...
 ::)

Nobody in serious training for a full Ironman has much muscle.  For the most part, they all look like emaciated Ethiopians.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 10:12:47 AM »
Stupidest thing I've ever seen on this forum, and this forum sets a pretty high bar in that regard.

And, yes, let's check out Alex Viada:

Stringy muscles, embarrassing facial expression, size M shirt...
 ::)

Nobody in serious training for a full Ironman has much muscle.  For the most part, they all look like emaciated Ethiopians.

I didn't reference Alex Viada, pudlicker.....so you stupidly responded to the wrong person.

So, you're saying that if an average person strength trains, cycles and runs, they will end up being an emaciated Ethiopian?   Hahahaha..... I think you're confusing triathletes with actual Ethiopian marathon runners.....or Tom Prince (post Advil OD).

And despite the "poor shape" that Alex Viada is in, I'm pretty sure you would still suck his dick.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 10:37:09 AM »
i have a friend that trains with the wild outdoor shit, but doesn't compete.   Still has the spare tire, arms look bad, resting heart rate is 20 higher than mine.

I've been religiously BBing for 2 months, and look worlds better.  (scaled it back when gigging season was busy).

It's badass to run thru creeks and in 115 degree heat and all that... but it's rough on the body.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 11:15:05 AM »
i have a friend that trains with the wild outdoor shit, but doesn't compete.   Still has the spare tire, arms look bad, resting heart rate is 20 higher than mine.

I've been religiously BBing for 2 months, and look worlds better.  (scaled it back when gigging season was busy).

It's badass to run thru creeks and in 115 degree heat and all that... but it's rough on the body.
Lol.... I hope you make fun of your friend for his efforts.

As usual, a thread on Getbig has spiraled downward in an all too familiar ADD style.  The OP asked if he could possibly train for, and compete in an Ironman.  The answer is yes.....that's all.

Stephomo had to chime in with his masturbatory fantasies about the physiques of men, and fucked it all up. 😀

Glad to hear you look better.  Stay away from tires and mud pits......

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 04:27:41 PM »
Shit no. 

And most people here would prefer to eat cellophane noodles than endure 30 minutes of cardio.  "Same result."

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 06:10:31 PM »

Suffice to say, a real athletic endurance event will never see a bitch-titted, oiled up fucktard ever finish, let alone do well or place.

You seem bitter. Were you molested by a man in a thong?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 06:40:42 PM »
Stay away from tires and mud pits......

I'm not a trump voter, so tires & mud pits are not something I encounter on a daily basis.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 06:44:14 PM »
Thinking of training for one.  Anyone have any tips of where to start?
My cardio is too sucky for iron man.  :(
A

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 07:09:48 PM »
You seem bitter. Were you molested by a man in a thong?

Was that you?  How come you never called?  :'(