Author Topic: Magnessium spray for knees  (Read 2099 times)

MoralMan

• Getbig III
Magnessium spray for knees
« on: June 29, 2016, 03:30:38 PM »
Ive got a bad knee from squatting and someone recommended this. Have any of you tried it before squats, apparently its magic stuff? Regards.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
Re: Magnessium spray for knees
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 05:06:43 PM »
Before Squats? The spray is to relieve pain, but not before squats! If you fucked up your knee from squatting, then stop squatting until the pain goes away, then try squatting again, but deload the weight, and work up again, and watch your form. Otherwise, start saving up for a set of artificial knees.

P.S.: If you want magnesium to soak into your knees, then try soaking them in epsom salts!

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 07:19:16 PM »
Yeah, make your own "magnesium oil spray" for much cheaper than you can buy:

Mix 1 part epsom salts with 1 part hot water.  Put into spray bottle.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 08:42:40 PM »
Just drink some Magnesium citrate intra-workout. Comes in convenient bottles and half a bottle will do the trick! You'll really feel it working too.

It's a supplement secret they don't want you to know.

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 01:27:50 AM »
What they said.
Magnsium does nothing for imfammation or pain.

One study I read said that Mg sprays and lotions raised the level of those igredients in blood.
They could not say if it had risen locally more...

So, cheaper just to stay on Mg tabs and drinks IMO

Then again placebo is a poverful aid... If it helps, it helps!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 02:29:41 AM »
Check your foot and hips - the knees go "wacky" because they're stuck in between these two and thus have to "buffer" any mis alignment.

A little gem - not only knee related.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 03:08:47 AM »
And don't squat below parallel.  It's really rough on your knees.

20 pages ez.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 05:41:00 AM »
It's bs....
Mr. AZ 2003

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 06:07:34 AM »
squatting does not fuck up your knees!!!! improper form will though!!!

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 02:34:53 PM »
Exactly - stop squatting for a while. Also make sure you do plenty of warm up exercises - knee rotations, flexing, stretches - work your hams first, use apple cider vinegar. I had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee last year and they found the labrum tissue in there was screwed. I was told that much of the problem is alot of this deeper tissue stuff gets very poor blood supply and healing it is difficult. I had to have mine excised. Knee is alot better now but aches constantly. I've changed my leg workouts alot - only do what feels right, always changing knee,leg positions when squatting, use smiths machine, all types of different weights and rep ranges. Much better as a result. Especially as you get older - damage you do now will haunt you for life if you don't make changes now. good luck.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 03:08:41 PM »
Exactly - stop squatting for a while. Also make sure you do plenty of warm up exercises - knee rotations, flexing, stretches - work your hams first, use apple cider vinegar. I had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee last year and they found the labrum tissue in there was screwed. I was told that much of the problem is alot of this deeper tissue stuff gets very poor blood supply and healing it is difficult. I had to have mine excised. Knee is alot better now but aches constantly. I've changed my leg workouts alot - only do what feels right, always changing knee,leg positions when squatting, use smiths machine, all types of different weights and rep ranges. Much better as a result. Especially as you get older - damage you do now will haunt you for life if you don't make changes now. good luck.

T

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 03:21:10 PM »
Ive got a bad knee from squatting and someone recommended this. Have any of you tried it before squats, apparently its magic stuff? Regards.
Try Roach Spray for your mouth instead.  That will cure all your lifting problems permanently.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 03:26:53 PM »
You're better off spraying cat piss on your bum knee. Same effect at more than half the cost. Plus everyone around you will enjoy the cat pissy smell