Author Topic: Bill Clinton and AG Loretta Lynch meet privately  (Read 5499 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Bill Clinton and AG Loretta Lynch meet privately
« on: June 30, 2016, 08:08:51 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/politics/bill-clinton-loretta-lynch/

Attorney General Loretta Lynch and former President Bill Clinton met privately on Monday in Phoenix, Arizona, after the two realized they were on the same tarmac, an aide to Clinton said.

The meeting took place at an Arizona airport ahead of the public release Tuesday morning of the House Benghazi committee's report on the September 11, 2012, attack on a U.S. consulate in Libya.

Speaking at a news conference in Phoenix on Tuesday, Lynch confirmed the meeting and denied the two spoke about any matter pending before the Justice Department or the Benghazi probe. She also said the former president "did not raise anything" about an ongoing case or anything of that nature.

"I did see President Clinton at the Phoenix airport as he was leaving and spoke to myself and my husband on the plane," Lynch said according to CNN affiliate KNXV/ABC15. "Our conversation was a great deal about grandchildren, it was primarily social about our travels and he mentioned golf he played in Phoenix."

The private moment in Arizona drew particular attention because Lynch's Justice Department has an ongoing investigation into the email practices of Hillary Clinton, the presumptive Democratic nominee, when she was secretary of state. It also came before Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama, who appointed Lynch to attorney general, publicly announced on Wednesday they would campaign together, marking the President's first official foray onto the 2016 campaign trail.

Huma Abedin details Clinton email troubles in deposition

The former president's aide said nothing beyond Lynch's characterization of the account was discussed, and that Clinton "always" extends this courtesy when he is around cabinet secretaries, members of Congress and other dignitaries, pointing to the former president's unplanned meeting with Sen. Ted Cruz at an Alabama airport in May.

Asked in Los Angeles on Wednesday whether the meeting risked the department's impartiality in its investigation, Lynch said the email probe is "being handled by career investigators and career agents who always follow the facts and the law."

The email investigation has continued to simmer in the background of the 2016 election contest, becoming a particular focus of a recently concluded Republican investigation in Congress and a nonstop target of her presumed general election opponent Donald Trump.

The steady flow of details and ongoing speculation around the email investigation have helped to fuel Clinton's perceived trustworthiness issues among voters, a problem the former secretary of state herself recently acknowledged.

Sen. Chris Coons said Thursday though he believes Lynch will remain objective in her role, he would have advised against the meeting, which he says sends the wrong signal even if it was "a brief, casual, social meeting with the former president."

"I think she should have said, 'Look, I recognize you have a long record of leadership on fighting crime but this is not the time for us to have that conversation. After the election is over, I'd welcome your advice,' " the Delaware Democrat told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day."

Rep. Peter King, R-New York, also said Thursday that he thought the meeting between the pair should not have taken place, despite his respect for Lynch's work as U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York.

"Obviously he (Bill Clinton) shouldn't have done it. I've had a lot of respect for Loretta Lynch when she was here in New York. I've been somewhat disappointed of some of the things she's done as attorney general," he told MSNBC's Joe Scarborough.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Bill Clinton and AG Loretta Lynch meet privately
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 08:10:03 AM »
How come we get some worthless Trump wants an internet tax thread by 240 but this is missed? Nothing to see here 240..no conspiracy here huh? ::)
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 08:14:45 AM »
How come we get some worthless Trump wants an internet tax thread by 240 but this is missed? Nothing to see here 240..no conspiracy here huh? ::)

I also didn't start a thread complaining about the transfat in mcdonalds cheeseburgers, a clear indication I obviously support them.

Dude, what we have here is possible meeting of "don't indict hilary" or warning of "we are about to indict her and I wanted to tell you first".

No wonder Bernie's ass ain't dropping out officially yet ;)

All you repubs that were so happy about busting hilary - good luck against that Bernie/Warren ticket.  Can't wait to see Trump's numbers against them ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 10:01:43 AM »
The fix is in.   Nothing is going to happen to Hillary. 

Hillary could set a litter of puppies ablaze on the front of the WH lawn and the media and idiot twinks like bay, straw, andreaisatrans, would support it. 

O-fag wont allow anything to happen to her, so we get what we get - which is an unqualified clown running against a career communist criminal poiece of garbage.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 10:23:56 AM »

Hillary could set a litter of puppies ablaze on the front of the WH lawn and the media and idiot twinks like bay, straw, andreaisatrans, would support it. 

O-fag wont allow anything to happen to her, so we get what we get - which is an unqualified clown running against a career communist criminal poiece of garbage.   

her supporters are link trump supporters.   he could blast someone in the street and they'd still support him.  He said so.

EITHER the fix is in - OR indictment is coming and she wanted to tell Bill personally with zero chance of a leak.

Either way, we should know if she's to be cleared, OR if she's getting charged, pretty darn soon.   

LOL @ "oh, we just happened to be in the same place accidentally".   bwahahahah.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 10:38:08 AM »

I'd love to see one of these guys explain why they're for Hillary. 

Straw Man is cool in my book, though, because he had the balls to vote Bernie over her in the primaries.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 12:27:56 PM »
I'd love to see one of these guys explain why they're for Hillary. 

Straw Man is cool in my book, though, because he had the balls to vote Bernie over her in the primaries.

Straw is and has always been a die hard rabid liberal who defends literally anything these creeps like the Clinton Mafia do. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 06:16:23 PM »
President has endorsed and will campaign for Hillary.  Lynch meets privately with Bill.  Do these people understand "the appearance of impropriety"? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 10:30:17 PM »
no way is this an accident.

Yes, maybe Clinton is a bonehead - BUT why does Lynch roll with this meeting?   

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE how republicans completely shrugged off Trump's call to Hilary chief opponent to encourage him to run (Trump), but a meeting with the person with knowledge of Hilary legal convo is suddenly Shady City.   

Make up your mind - Clinton is being shady to steer things his way, or he's just chatty with those who hold massive power/influence over hilary's future ;)   Think about it...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 05:44:21 AM »
Libfags will defend this and will believe whatever bs tossed to them from their cult leaders.  Same as how they believed Bills' idiocy on Monica at the time

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 05:52:52 AM »
Attorney general will accept recommendations in Hillary Clinton email inquiry amid controversy over meeting
 Associated Press
Eric Tucker, Associated Press
44m    558  6
FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN
TWITTER
EMAIL
PRINT
loretta lynch
Loretta Lynch in Phoenix. REUTERS/Nancy Wiechec
Attorney General Loretta Lynch intends to accept whatever recommendation career prosecutors and federal agents make in the investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server, a Justice Department official said Friday.

"The Attorney General expects to receive and accept the determinations and findings of the Department's career prosecutors and investigators, as well as the FBI Director," the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing probe.

Lynch was expected to discuss the matter further at a summit Friday in Aspen, Colorado.

This revelation comes amid a controversy surrounding an impromptu private discussion that Lynch had aboard her plane on the tarmac at a Phoenix airport on Monday with Clinton's husband, former President Bill Clinton. That get-together has been criticized as inappropriate by Republicans and some Democrats at a time when the Justice Department has been investigating whether classified information was mishandled through Clinton's exclusive use of a private email server while she was secretary of state.

Lynch told reporters that she did and Bill Clinton did not discuss the email investigation during the encounter.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 05:59:31 AM »
Maybe we got this all wrong - maybe Lynch was there to give a Monica Lewinsky to Slick willy? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 07:17:52 AM »
Reporter: FBI ordered ‘no photos, no pictures, no cell phones’ during Clinton/Lynch meeting

POSTED AT 7:21 AM ON JULY 1, 2016 BY LARRY O'CONNOR

Share on Facebook 343 343 SHARES

Reporter Christopher Sign of ABC 15 in Phoenix, AZ appeared on The O’Reilly Factor Thursday night to talk about his scoop involving that secret meeting between former President Bill Clinton and Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

Watch the entire interview below. Sign lays out how the story developed and then he leaves this little nugget:

“The former president steps into her plane. They then speak for 30 minutes privately. The FBI there on the tarmac instructing everybody around ‘no photos, no pictures, no cell phones.'”
Interesting.

First of all, it isn’t the FBI’s job to tell journalists or private citizens they can’t take photographs of a former president and the Attorney General. What were the agents going to do, arrest people for taking a picture or video?

Also, if there was nothing wrong with the meeting and it was totally innocent, why were federal agents instructed to demand no one take a picture?

Finally, let’s stop focusing on the fact that this meeting was inappropriate because Clinton’s wife is under investigation by Lynch’s Justice Department. I mean, that’s bad, but it’s actually letting Lynch and Clinton off the hook a bit. By focusing on the appearance of conflict because Hillary Clinton is being investigated, we are willfully overlooking the very real conflict in the fact that Clinton himself is under investigation, as the Grand Poo-bah at the Clinton Foundation. (Fox News)

The FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of private email as secretary of state has expanded to look at whether the possible “intersection” of Clinton Foundation work and State Department business may have violated public corruption laws, three intelligence sources not authorized to speak on the record told Fox News.

This new investigative track is in addition to the focus on classified material found on Clinton’s personal server.

“The agents are investigating the possible intersection of Clinton Foundation donations, the dispensation of State Department contracts and whether regular processes were followed,” one source said.

Yes, the investigation into the intersection of Clinton Foundation donations and the State Department slimes Hillary Clinton since it happened during her tenure as Secretary of State, but what about Bill Clinton? If the State Department and Hillary Clinton acted improperly or illegally by commingling staff and by granting favors to Clinton Foundation donors, isn’t the Clinton Foundation, and Bill Clinton equally guilty of wrongdoing?

This may explain why the day after the surreptitious meeting in Phoenix, Lynch’s Justice Department informed a judge they were going to drag their feet on the release of emails connecting the former president’s foundation and the State Department: (Daily Caller)

Department of Justice officials filed a motion in federal court late Wednesday seeking a 27-month delay in producing correspondence between former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s four top aides and officials with the Clinton Foundation and Teneo Holdings, a closely allied public relations firm that Bill Clinton helped launch.

If the court permits the delay, the public won’t be able to read the communications until October 2018, about 22 months into her prospective first term as President. The four senior Clinton aides involved were Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Michael Fuchs, Ambassador-At-Large Melanne Verveer, Chief of Staff Cheryl Mills, and Deputy Chief of Staff Huma Abedin.

I guess when all of this adds up, it’s clear why Lynch and her FBI agents were so intent on keeping this inappropriate meeting private.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 08:05:45 AM »
Lynch’s plan to “accept the FBI decision” over Clinton’s emails is probably a smokescreen
Hot air ^ | July 1,2016 | BY JAZZ SHAW
Posted on 7/1/2016, 9:48:12 AM by Hojczyk

Not only is she not taking her department out of the loop and appointing a special prosecutor, but she’s not 100% accepting the call of the FBI either. There are no “career prosecutors” on James Comey’s team. Those prosecutors all work for Lynch in the Justice Department. From the beginning she’s been saying that it would be those “professionals” who would decide the merits of the case, so this may be nothing other than window dressing to appease the voters outraged by the meeting with Bill Clinton while sticking with business as usual.

But there’s a second possibility as well and I’m just going to toss it out there. It’s been leaked from multiple sources that the FBI investigation is winding down and Comey is close to wrapping this thing up. Very likely the final decision has already been made and he’s just making sure all the I’s are dotted and the T’s crossed before handing over his work.

What are the chances that Lynch doesn’t know what the decision is at this point? In fact, I wouldn’t be terribly shocked if that was part of the conversation she had with Bill Clinton. (Yes… I’m basically saying that they’re lying about the meeting. If you can ever prove me wrong I’ll be happy to apologize.) What if Comey has already decided to pull the rip cord and recommend no formal charges against Hillary Clinton because the firestorm resulting from a call to prosecute would just be too hot for him? Then Lynch and the President are in the clear. She can simply claim that she was leaving it up to Comey all along and the entire unpleasant affair drops down the memory hole.

Conspiracy theory? Sure. But as far as I’m concerned it certainly passes the smell test,

(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 08:19:02 AM »
Bloomberg’s Halperin DoJ Source: Loretta Lynch ‘Is Not Recusing Herself’
Breitbart ^ | July 1,2016 | JEFF POOR
Posted on 7/1/2016, 9:54:08 AM by Hojczyk

7 Friday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Bloomberg Politics Mark Halperin cited a “senior Justice Department official” who said Attorney General Loretta Lynch will not recuse herself from the investigation into presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton use of a private email while secretary of state. Critics have called on Lynch to do so after holding a private meeting with her husband former President Bill Clinton earlier this week.

Halperin also said the source does not anticipate Lynch will admit the meeting was a mistake.

“This is a senior Justice Department official who is playing down that this is anything new,” Halperin said. “Says this was the attorney general’s intention all along to let the career people decide. Quote, ‘She is not recusing herself. She is not stepping aside and does not expect that the attorney general will say it was a mistake to meet with Bill Clinton privately for 20 or 30 minutes.’”

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 09:35:28 AM »
Libfags will defend this and will believe whatever bs tossed to them from their cult leaders.  Same as how they believed Bills' idiocy on Monica at the time

sigh..you're overstating the case AGAIN as usual....No Liberal actually believed that Bill wasn't with Monica.....we just didn' believe that it rose to the level of impeachment.  No President should be impeached for having sex

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 09:39:05 AM »
sigh..you're overstating the case AGAIN as usual....No Liberal actually believed that Bill wasn't with Monica.....we just didn' believe that it rose to the level of impeachment.  No President should be impeached for having sex

He was impeached amnd disbarred for lying under oath - not hooking up a fat 21 yo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 09:41:07 AM »
"Reporter: FBI ordered ‘no photos, no pictures, no cell phones’ during Clinton/Lynch meeting"

30 minutes "talking about their grandkids..."

I bet she was being offered 4-8 more years at her job under Hilary, and/or she was breaking news about what is going to happen with Hilary's case out of courtesy. 

Either way, it'll all come out soon.   It's a shame the dems have just been smarter than repubs in all this - she should be serving time by now.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 01:29:48 PM »
He was impeached amnd disbarred for lying under oath - not hooking up a fat 21 yo

He just couldn't resist lying.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 03:28:55 PM »
'What on earth were you thinking?': Attorney general grilled over meeting with Bill Clinton

Oliver Darcy
6h    31,787  101
FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN
TWITTER
EMAIL
PRINT
The White House Council On Women And Girls Hosts The 'United State Of Women' Summit In D.C.
Attorney General Loretta Lynch. Alex Wong/Getty Images
Attorney General Loretta Lynch expressed regret Friday for meeting with Bill Clinton earlier this week, adding that doing so had "cast a shadow" on the Hillary Clinton email investigation.

Speaking at the Aspen Ideas Festival in Colorado, Lynch was asked about her unusual meeting with the former president aboard an airplane parked on an Arizona tarmac.

"Friends, supporters, backers are saying, 'What on earth was she thinking talking to Bill Clinton?' So, what on earth were you thinking?" The Washington Post’s Jonathan Capehart asked during an onstage interview.

"I think that's a perfectly reasonable question," Lynch said, noting that many had wondered whether she could objectively oversee the investigation into the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee’s emails.

She added: "Certainly my meeting with him raises questions and concerns. Believe me, I completely get that question."

Lynch said she thought the real question was her "role in how the matter is going to be resolved."

The attorney general said the case was being handled by career FBI investigators who would make recommendations that would ultimately be reviewed by the FBI director and career supervisors in the Department of Justice.

"I fully expect to accept their recommendations," Lynch said, confirming news reports from earlier that she intended to stay out of the investigation.

Lynch insisted that her meeting with the former president was "social" and that the two discussed his grandchildren and golf, not the investigation into his wife's use of a private email server while she was secretary of state.

Nevertheless, Lynch said the meeting had "cast a shadow" on the FBI's investigation and expressed regret that she allowed the meeting to take place.

"I certainly wouldn't do it again," she said.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump used the meeting to attack Hillary Clinton, tweeting early Friday that she "probably" orchestrated the meeting out of fear she would be indicted over her email conduct.

Lawmakers on both sides of the political aisle have also criticized Lynch for the meeting, contending the optics alone eroded the public's trust.

White House press secretary Josh Earnest faced numerous questions on the topic from reporters on Thursday. He deferred mostly to Lynch but said President Barack Obama had confidence she would not allow politics to contaminate the investigation.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 03:40:02 PM »
"I certainly wouldn't do it again," she said.

Why did she do it at all, then?  What's she trying to say?

???

And the "career supervisors" at the "Justice Department" bullshit I keep reading is getting pretty stupid at this point.  It doesn't inspire confidence, at all.  None.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2016, 12:03:04 AM »
AGAIN - - - -

Everyone giggles, calls Clinton stupid, and high fives, taking the win.

I call bullshit.  They playfully admit incompetence, but they coordinated the meeting and admit it - their secret service talked prior, as they're both under protection.

Only a fool believes this is just Clinton incompetence.  They talked Hilary's mess, they probably talked about Lynch's future, who knows what else - but this lie about they were just being boneheads - not buying it.