Author Topic: Gretchen Carlson of Fox News Files Suit Against Roger Ailes  (Read 7905 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Gretchen Carlson of Fox News Files Suit Against Roger Ailes
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2016, 12:56:07 PM »
The Herman Cain thing...that went away the day he dropped out. Funny how that worked. His family in complete disarray, wife divorced him....oh wait. No she didn't. More dem lies.

he admitted wrongdoing. 

you're delusional if you think he was innocent.  we read the texts.  we saw the $ he gave her.  we stopped hearing about it because he was no longer a prez candidate vulnerable to blackmail.  you never thought of that, huh?

you aren't here to learn anything.  you're here to re-tweet the flawed beliefs you possess. I get it. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2016, 01:18:43 PM »
who cares when women are being abused and sexually harassed at their job by the boss? 

Hello, 1850 called, they want their treatment of women back.
??? ???

wasn't she in the new last month for taking some big liberal position?   Then she gets fired right afterwards?

Maybe I'm mistaken... one of those fox hosts made a big anti-gun or other liberal throwdown. 

IF this is the case - she says some pro-obama shit, gets fired, and comes right back with sex claims... well...
'Ms. Carlson, who joined Fox in 2005, contends that during a meeting last fall to discuss her concerns that she was not being treated fairly, Mr. Ailes told her: “I think you and I should have had a sexual relationship a long time ago and then you’d be good and better and I’d be good and better.”

When she rebuffed him, the lawsuit claims, Mr. Ailes retaliated by reducing Ms. Carlson’s salary, curtailing her on-air appearances and, ultimately, declining to renew her contract last month."

Ailes has been in the media game for half a century.  I doubt he'd use these words/threats.  But who knows.

Weird that she was okay with all the sexual threats and jokes and belittling for years - then waits until she's let go, to be outraged with it. 

I'm not defending these windbags for a minute - just that she knew she was on a network that shits the bed daily on so many social issues, and she pushed their agenda for years... then when the pay dries up, suddenly she's morally outraged by what goes on there.   
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2016, 04:32:46 AM »
Andrea Tantaros of Fox News Claims Retaliation for Harassment Complaints
By JIM DWYER

Andrea Tantaros, a former Fox News host, charged in a lawsuit filed Monday that top executives at the network, including the man who replaced Roger Ailes, punished her for complaining about sexual harassment by Mr. Ailes.

The suit by Ms. Tantaros, filed in New York State Supreme Court in Manhattan, is the latest round in a contentious volley that began in late winter, when Fox claimed she had breached her employment contract by writing a book without receiving network approval.

“Fox News masquerades as a defender of traditional family values, but behind the scenes, it operates like a sex-fueled, Playboy Mansion-like cult, steeped in intimidation, indecency and misogyny,” Ms. Tantaros’s suit says.

Fox News said it would not comment on pending litigation.

Mr. Ailes, the network’s founding chairman and guiding force for two decades, resigned last month after a former anchor, Gretchen Carlson, said in a suit that she was fired for refusing his sexual advances. Mr. Ailes has denied all allegations of harassment.

In April, the chief lawyer for Fox charged that Ms. Tantaros had concocted sexual harassment claims to gain leverage in the contract dispute; her lawyer, Judd Burstein, said the book dispute was a pretext that Fox was using to silence her.

During arbitration, Mr. Burstein said, Fox News offered to pay her a sum “in the seven figures” if she renounced claims against Mr. Ailes and others at the network, including the host Bill O’Reilly. According to the lawsuit, Ms. Tantaros said she had been subjected to unwelcome advances from Mr. O’Reilly, whom she had regarded as a friend and adviser.

“Ailes did not act alone,” the lawsuit states. “He may have been the primary culprit, but his actions were condoned by his most senior lieutenants, who engaged in a concerted effort to silence Tantaros by threats, humiliation and retaliation.”

Ms. Tantaros also claimed in the lawsuit that she was the subject of humiliating posts by pseudonymous accounts on Twitter known as “sock puppets” that she says were instigated by the Fox News publicity department.

Ms. Tantaros joined Fox as a contributor in 2010, and a year later was named co-host of “The Five,” which aired at 5 p.m. She said in the suit that she was repeatedly told by Fox executives that she could not wear pants on the air because “Roger wants to see your legs.”

The lawsuit goes on to say that on Aug. 12, 2014, Mr. Ailes called her into his office and asked if she was planning to marry and have children. “Ailes then started complaining about marriage in general, and also made off-color jokes about being married,” the lawsuit states. It describes Mr. Ailes as speculating on the sexual habits and preferences of 10 Fox News personalities.

He asked Ms. Tantaros to turn around “so I can get a good look at you,” the lawsuit charges, adding that Ms. Tantaros refused. Soon after, she was moved from “The Five” to a lower-rated show, “Outnumbered,” that aired at midday.

Mr. Ailes called her back for similar sessions in December 2014 and February 2015, the lawsuit charges, and when she continued to rebuff him, she encountered hostility from the Fox News publicity department. In the February meeting, she said, Mr. Ailes talked about how she would look in a bikini, and accused her of ending a long-term relationship because she had been merely using the man. The episode brought her to tears, the lawsuit states. She said the sole interview arranged by the publicity department during that period was with a writer for a blog controlled by Fox, who asked about her breasts and if she was difficult to work with.

In April 2015, the lawsuit states, Ms. Tantaros met with Bill Shine, then a senior news executive and close aide to Mr. Ailes. She said that she told him about the meetings with Mr. Ailes and asked if he had told the head of publicity for Fox News, Irena Briganti, to go after her. The lawsuit claims that Mr. Shine “told Tantaros that Briganti is like a rabid dog on a chain that we can’t control. Sometimes that dog gets off the chain.” Then, pointing to a picture of Mr. Ailes on a magazine cover, the lawsuit charges, Mr. Shine told her that “this powerful man has faith in Irena Briganti” and that Ms. Tantaros “needs to let this one go.”

Mr. Shine, through a spokeswoman, has said that Ms. Tantaros never approached him about Mr. Ailes harassing her.

Mr. Shine was named co-president of Fox News after Mr. Ailes departed.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2016, 10:45:56 AM »
Yes, the "tradtional family values network" run by globalists.  Who would've ever guessed they were full of it?

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2016, 12:36:59 PM »
You go, girl! Andrea rocks!
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2016, 03:07:23 PM »
Former Fox host Gretchen Carlson settles sexual harassment lawsuit against Roger Ailes for $20 million
By Paul Farhi

Former Fox News host Gretchen Carlson has settled sexual harassment allegations against the network’s ousted chairman, Roger Ailes, and has received a $20 million payment and a public apology from its parent company, 21st Century Fox.

The settlement brings a swift and expensive end to a claim that set in motion Ailes’s downfall from Fox, the cable news network he co-founded in 1996 and guided to dominance in the ensuing two decades.

The announcement Tuesday came on what shaped up as a tumultuous day for Fox News, which also saw the surprise departure of anchor Greta Van Susteren, one of their marquee talents and an Ailes loyalist.

Carlson, the former host of “Fox and Friends,” sued Ailes on July 6, claiming that she was demoted and eventually let go from Fox after she refused his sexual advances. Ailes has repeatedly denied the allegations.

But 21st Century effectively surrendered after two months of withering publicity about the suit and an alleged culture of harrassment at Fox fostered by Ailes. In addition to its massive payment to Carlson, it issued a statement Tuesday apologizing to her.

The statement, attributed to “21st Century Fox,” read: “During her tenure at Fox News, Gretchen exhibited the highest standards of journalism and professionalism. She developed a loyal audience and was a daily source of information for many Americans. We are proud that she was part of the Fox News team. We sincerely regret and apologize for the fact that Gretchen was not treated with the respect and dignity that she and all of her colleagues deserve. We know Gretchen will be successful in whatever endeavors she chooses in the future.”

Carlson’s suit brought forth at least 20 other women who said, usually anonymously, that Ailes had harassed them during his long career in television. Another former Fox host, Andrea Tantaros, filed a lawsuit against Ailes last month, saying that she, too, was harassed and demoted by Ailes when she rebuffed him.

“I am gratified that 21st Century Fox took decisive action after I filed my complaint,” Carlson said in a statement Tuesday. “I’m ready to move on the next chapter of my life in which I will redouble my efforts to empower women in the workplace. I want to thank all of the brave women who came forward to tell their own stories and the many people across the country who embraced and supported me. . . . All women deserve a dignified and respectful workplace.”

Although Carlson didn’t name Fox or 21st Century Fox as defendants in her suit against Ailes, 21st Century Fox will bear the entire cost of the $20 million settlement, both sides said.

Ailes, who received a $40 million severance package and a continuing consulting role at Fox News when he resigned in July, will not contribute to the settlement.

The willingness of 21st Century Fox to settle Carlson’s lawsuit just weeks after it was filed appears to reflect the influence of Lachlan and James Murdoch, the sons of 21st Century Fox executive chairman Rupert Murdoch. While Ailes has long enjoyed the loyalty of Rupert Murdoch, the younger Murdochs — who are chairman and chief executive, respectively, of 21st Century Fox — have long clashed with the Fox News founder.

Van Susteren announced Tuesday she is leaving the cable news channel, effective immediately, after more than a decade hosting an evening public-affairs discussion program.

Van Susteren, who had publicly defended Ailes after Carlson made her accusations, said in a Facebook post that she decided to leave on Thursday.

“Fox has not felt like home to me for a few years and I took advantage of the clause in my contract which allows me to leave now. The clause had a time limitation, meaning I could not wait,” she wrote. She added: “I hope to continue my career in broadcasting.”

Fox said Brit Hume will replace Van Susteren in her 7 p.m. time slot, starting Tuesday night.

The settlement with Carlson may be one of the largest in a case involving a single plaintiff in a sexual harassment action, according to a person close to Carlson, although class-action settlements and verdicts have been larger.

The extraordinary sum paid to Carlson reflects her high annual earnings as a TV personality; Carlson’s lawyers, Martin Hyman and Nancy Erika Smith, argued that Ailes’ actions caused her to lose millions of dollars in future earnings at Fox, triggering talks of an eight-figure payment.

Negotiations between Carlson’s representatives and 21st Century Fox’s attorneys at the Paul, Weiss law firm began about three weeks ago, people involved in the process said.

The company also has settled “several” other sexual-harassment claims against Ailes, according to a source with knowledge of the matter. He did not identify the womeninvolved, but said their complaints arose during an internal investigation conducted by the Paul, Weiss law firm amid Carlson’s allegations.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2016, 04:22:57 PM »
Former Fox host Gretchen Carlson settles sexual harassment lawsuit against Roger Ailes for $20 million
By Paul Farhi

Former Fox News host Gretchen Carlson has settled sexual harassment allegations against the network’s ousted chairman, Roger Ailes, and has received a $20 million payment and a public apology from its parent company, 21st Century Fox.

The settlement brings a swift and expensive end to a claim that set in motion Ailes’s downfall from Fox, the cable news network he co-founded in 1996 and guided to dominance in the ensuing two decades.

The announcement Tuesday came on what shaped up as a tumultuous day for Fox News, which also saw the surprise departure of anchor Greta Van Susteren, one of their marquee talents and an Ailes loyalist.

Carlson, the former host of “Fox and Friends,” sued Ailes on July 6, claiming that she was demoted and eventually let go from Fox after she refused his sexual advances. Ailes has repeatedly denied the allegations.

But 21st Century effectively surrendered after two months of withering publicity about the suit and an alleged culture of harrassment at Fox fostered by Ailes. In addition to its massive payment to Carlson, it issued a statement Tuesday apologizing to her.

The statement, attributed to “21st Century Fox,” read: “During her tenure at Fox News, Gretchen exhibited the highest standards of journalism and professionalism. She developed a loyal audience and was a daily source of information for many Americans. We are proud that she was part of the Fox News team. We sincerely regret and apologize for the fact that Gretchen was not treated with the respect and dignity that she and all of her colleagues deserve. We know Gretchen will be successful in whatever endeavors she chooses in the future.”

Carlson’s suit brought forth at least 20 other women who said, usually anonymously, that Ailes had harassed them during his long career in television. Another former Fox host, Andrea Tantaros, filed a lawsuit against Ailes last month, saying that she, too, was harassed and demoted by Ailes when she rebuffed him.

“I am gratified that 21st Century Fox took decisive action after I filed my complaint,” Carlson said in a statement Tuesday. “I’m ready to move on the next chapter of my life in which I will redouble my efforts to empower women in the workplace. I want to thank all of the brave women who came forward to tell their own stories and the many people across the country who embraced and supported me. . . . All women deserve a dignified and respectful workplace.”

Although Carlson didn’t name Fox or 21st Century Fox as defendants in her suit against Ailes, 21st Century Fox will bear the entire cost of the $20 million settlement, both sides said.

Ailes, who received a $40 million severance package and a continuing consulting role at Fox News when he resigned in July, will not contribute to the settlement.

The willingness of 21st Century Fox to settle Carlson’s lawsuit just weeks after it was filed appears to reflect the influence of Lachlan and James Murdoch, the sons of 21st Century Fox executive chairman Rupert Murdoch. While Ailes has long enjoyed the loyalty of Rupert Murdoch, the younger Murdochs — who are chairman and chief executive, respectively, of 21st Century Fox — have long clashed with the Fox News founder.

Van Susteren announced Tuesday she is leaving the cable news channel, effective immediately, after more than a decade hosting an evening public-affairs discussion program.

Van Susteren, who had publicly defended Ailes after Carlson made her accusations, said in a Facebook post that she decided to leave on Thursday.

“Fox has not felt like home to me for a few years and I took advantage of the clause in my contract which allows me to leave now. The clause had a time limitation, meaning I could not wait,” she wrote. She added: “I hope to continue my career in broadcasting.”

Fox said Brit Hume will replace Van Susteren in her 7 p.m. time slot, starting Tuesday night.

The settlement with Carlson may be one of the largest in a case involving a single plaintiff in a sexual harassment action, according to a person close to Carlson, although class-action settlements and verdicts have been larger.

The extraordinary sum paid to Carlson reflects her high annual earnings as a TV personality; Carlson’s lawyers, Martin Hyman and Nancy Erika Smith, argued that Ailes’ actions caused her to lose millions of dollars in future earnings at Fox, triggering talks of an eight-figure payment.

Negotiations between Carlson’s representatives and 21st Century Fox’s attorneys at the Paul, Weiss law firm began about three weeks ago, people involved in the process said.

The company also has settled “several” other sexual-harassment claims against Ailes, according to a source with knowledge of the matter. He did not identify the womeninvolved, but said their complaints arose during an internal investigation conducted by the Paul, Weiss law firm amid Carlson’s allegations.

What a load of crap
:

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2016, 09:24:18 PM »
Old Man Ailes on the 87th floor playing patty cake in his executive style office.

Hilarious!!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2016, 09:28:30 PM »
What a load of crap
No kidding, compliment a woman and get slapped with a $20M lawsuit. No piece of ass is ever worth that much, judge should have given her cab money to get the hell out of his court room.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2016, 04:38:51 AM »
What a load of crap

Can you be more specific?  What exactly do you find objectionable?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2016, 09:43:11 PM »
Can you be more specific?  What exactly do you find objectionable?

Ailes was personally named in the lawsuit and should've been held accountable for HIS actions.
:

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2016, 04:46:59 AM »
Ailes was personally named in the lawsuit and should've been held accountable for HIS actions.

I think your reaction may be premature; the story is not over.  I expect that her action against Ailes will continue despite the settlement with FOX.