Author Topic: insulin  (Read 1714 times)

jb14972

• Getbig II
insulin
« on: July 06, 2016, 06:34:20 PM »
ok so a buddy of mine is going to start a bulk and wants to use insulin, he is 6' 235lb and in the 12-14% bf range. he will be cycling test and tren with some gh
he works night shift like i do and he trains with me in the mornings. well our mornings are 2pm lol

the question i have is starting slin on a completely empty stomach, i know he shouldnt eat for a few hours before slin but i didnt know if using a fast acting slin shortly after waking up would cause him to be extra sensitive or not. this is also his first time using and will start at 4iu and work up to 10iu more than likely on preworkout shots only.

his plan
wake up, take gh and start drinking protein drink, no fat ( thinking maybe add in some carbs to the protein shake?? )
30 minutes later make it to gym and take slin
drink 10g of dextrose per iu of slin during his workout, usually about 1-1.5 hours long.
leave gym drinking a protein shake with some carbs in it
eat moderately high carb, high protein, and low fat meal about 20 minutes after gym.
continue with normal diet after that

def take any advice with his plan but also any advice as far as maybe needing the extra carbs preworkout since he has slept for 8 hours with no food.

herraisland

• Getbig III
Re: insulin
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 06:41:24 PM »
"But secretly that friend of mine is me"

But so how many carbs in that 3 hour period ?

jb14972

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 06:55:43 PM »
but seriously its my training partner, im currently losing weight right now on a cut that i posted about 10 topics down from this post lol

10g per iu of slin during his workout, im thinking about 40g with the protein drink with gh ( before the slin ) and then probably 40-50g with the meal after his workout.

Chubz

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 08:05:37 PM »
I'd be more worried about getting leaner, like sub 10% BF. 6 feet tall 235 12-13%........I'd say he is way better off leaning up(esp since its summer ;)) then run a decent cycle Test,Deca,EQ with maybe an oral and 5IU gh.........that'll make him grow, save slin for when he is getting ready to make a run for his pro card.

jb14972

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 08:56:26 PM »
he runs decent cycles now about 3g total a week but was wanting to get bigger with out using more aas. he also hasnt been running gh for awhile.

Chubz

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 07:01:14 PM »
6 foot tall and 235 on 3grams, something is wrong. Im in no way against high cycles, but if his gear is legit and he is running 3G he is a poor responder and or his diet is shit.
3 grams= 1500 test 800Eq 700deca,  5iuGH train hard, morning cardio to increase appetite and a proper diet is enough to grow BIG!!! with zero insulin. just saying

jb14972

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 07:57:12 PM »
He doesnt want to run that much again and use insulin to make up for some of the gains lost by the drop in aas. if diet is good and he is intelligent with using slin what exactly is the point to not use it? he is healthy and a decent size dude that could grow from it.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 12:09:52 AM »
slin first thing in the morning is dangerous as fuck (if he trains right after and uses slin pre workout)
COMPLETELY different response vs somewhere later in the day when you hit insulin after an overnight fast... youll go hypo within a couple minutes...
i always use slin on empty stomach (3-4 hours no food) and then immediately have my shake and start snacking on carbs over the next 2 hours... but first thing in the morning you react differently

i actually missed that he has a protein drink beforehand... that way it would work i guess.

jb14972

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 01:53:46 AM »
that's exactly what i told him i was worried about, would the protein shake with 40g of carbs as soon as he wake up be enough? them all being simple carbs also

slin is dangerous if you are stupid but this kinda adds in another level of danger in my mind

thanks for your response

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 08:47:10 AM »
it works if his carbs are rapidly absorbed and he has a steady influx over 2 hours...

i always have around 50-75g carbs with my pre workout shake... i pin insulin right before drinking it...
then i spread another ~150g carbs over 2 hours during my workout (when i use 15iu pre)... usually 100g carbs is sufficient to cover the workout but if you dont get fat from it you can go as high as you want imo