Author Topic: Hey Straw and Gun Control people - what is your plan for this?  (Read 12383 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Hey Straw and Gun Control people - what is your plan for this?
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2016, 06:39:11 PM »
I would absolutely be shocked if someone in my town/i knew won the lottery, died of cancer, or gave birth to an autistic child.  If it were something common, I wouldn't have to rely on an example from the National media.

I bet you are not afraid to go to movie theaters, frequent the gay clubs you love so much, or attend marathons.  Because +99% of the time those things operate in a normal fashion, free of mass murders.  In fact, as I've repeatedly mentioned and you've continually ignored, you don't have or know anyone with 1st hand experience of a mass shooting.  I bet you know a few autistic kids....

You don't get to come here and argue the occurrences of anomalies.  Mass shootings are anomalies and your last shred of hope is to quibble over the definition of the word, which means you are dumb or desperate.

What you won't do is have an expectation of a mass shooting happen to anyone you know, in your city, or in your favorite gay club

I could see from your prior posts that you were confusing your own personal experience with life in general

Just because YOU don't expect them to happen to you is not a criteria from the definition provided

For example, most people don't expect to win the lottery but they are not shocked when they see on the news that "someone" has won it

I don't expect to be killed by a drunk driver.

I don't expect to ever get a DUI.  Heck I don't even expect to get pulled over by a cop

But I also know these things happen ever day all over the country and I'm not surprised when it happens

Just because I don't expect it to happen to me and/or I would be surprised if it did happen does not make it an anomaly

same goes for mass shooting

I don't expect it to happen to me but given that it happens on a daily basis I'm not surprised when I see that it's happened yet again

BTW - here's a picture of what I would consider an anomaly

Want to do the math for us on this one and see if it fits (hint - it happens a lot less frequently than a child be diagnosed on the autism spectrum)

Also, I can't believe you would be "absolutely shocked" to find out that someone in your town won the lottery, died of cancer or had an autistic child

Are you serious?

Does your town have 3 people living in it?

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2016, 07:01:18 PM »
I could see from your prior posts that you were confusing your own personal experience with life in general

Just because YOU don't expect them to happen to you is not a criteria from the definition provided

For example, most people don't expect to win the lottery but they are not shocked when they see on the news that "someone" has won it

I don't expect to be killed by a drunk driver.

I don't expect to ever get a DUI.  Heck I don't even expect to get pulled over by a cop

But I also know these things happen ever day all over the country and I'm not surprised when it happens

Just because I don't expect it to happen to me and/or I would be surprised if it did happen does not make it an anomaly

same goes for mass shooting

I don't expect it to happen to me but given that it happens on a daily basis I'm not surprised when I see that it's happened yet again

BTW - here's a picture of what I would consider an anomaly

Want to do the math for us on this one and see if it fits (hint - it happens a lot less frequently than a child be diagnosed on the autism spectrum)

Also, I can't believe you would be "absolutely shocked" to find out that someone in your town won the lottery, died of cancer or had an autistic child

Are you serious?

Does your town have 3 people living in it?

The idea that you have to rely on national media to hear about something speaks volumes to its rare occurence.

You addressed that you personally have no experience with mass shooting, yet you conveniently ignored that you have no connection via family, friends, home town, etc

Drunk drivers happen in your town everyday.  You don't have to rely on national media to be aware of their scarce occurence.

Of course that cow is an anomaly.  Does that take away from the fact that mass shootings are too? No, it doesn't.

You asked me to provide a specific number to associate with anomalies earlier, which is laughable and not even a trap that a retard as yourself would fall into.  I'm not asking you near as much. I gave a premise earlier that seems to represent your idiotic views.  You ignored it entirely.  Why don't you comment on that?

How many people do you know that have won the lottery? I'm not talking a scratch off for 3 bucks,  I'm talking the actual state lottery, powerball, etc.  Those odds are usually so low they are equated with being struck by lightning  multiple times.  I'm shocked that you know multiple people that have won the lottery in your town, or even your state.  Care to provide those names so I can verify this.  I would know that person's name with no hesitation if it happened in my hometown of 150k people. Not large, but certainly not a farm town

As I stated earlier,  I won't even allow your pathetic ass the victory of last word.  You are being so juvenile that you are refuting the definition of the word anomaly. That is literally what your argument has devolved to

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2016, 10:38:40 PM »
The idea that you have to rely on national media to hear about something speaks volumes to its rare occurence.

You addressed that you personally have no experience with mass shooting, yet you conveniently ignored that you have no connection via family, friends, home town, etc

Drunk drivers happen in your town everyday.  You don't have to rely on national media to be aware of their scarce occurence.

Of course that cow is an anomaly.  Does that take away from the fact that mass shootings are too? No, it doesn't.

You asked me to provide a specific number to associate with anomalies earlier, which is laughable and not even a trap that a retard as yourself would fall into.  I'm not asking you near as much. I gave a premise earlier that seems to represent your idiotic views.  You ignored it entirely.  Why don't you comment on that?

How many people do you know that have won the lottery? I'm not talking a scratch off for 3 bucks,  I'm talking the actual state lottery, powerball, etc.  Those odds are usually so low they are equated with being struck by lightning  multiple times.  I'm shocked that you know multiple people that have won the lottery in your town, or even your state.  Care to provide those names so I can verify this.  I would know that person's name with no hesitation if it happened in my hometown of 150k people. Not large, but certainly not a farm town

As I stated earlier,  I won't even allow your pathetic ass the victory of last word.  You are being so juvenile that you are refuting the definition of the word anomaly. That is literally what your argument has devolved to

if you're aware of instances of two headed cow births that the national media has not reported please let me know

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2016, 12:46:05 AM »
if you're aware of instances of two headed cow births that the national media has not reported please let me know

If you can answer me what that has to do with the extremely low percentage of mass shootings, then let me know.  One anomaly doesn't cancel out another.  

Did you really think citing an even rarer anomally was going to win this for you?  I hope you remember that i was the 1 that had to explain to you what a straw man argument was in the first place.....I think you are trying to do it again.  I never asked about 2 headed cows, dipshit. We are discussing the rare occurence of mass shootings

Please tell me that you at least knew you were attempting a strawman argument this time

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2016, 12:56:40 AM »
Just to help abbreviate the idiocy of your argument, I'm going to point out the highlights

1) you desire a specific value for anomalies

2) you argue that anomalies do not consider population or area. So long as something is to occur once per day no matter the sample size (up to infinite), it's common

3) if something happens less frequently than a 2 headed cow, it is common and can not be considered an anomaly

Did I miss anything? That seems to be the complete evolution of your full retard argument

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2016, 06:21:14 AM »
In which developed country do the most mass shootings occur?

If were going by the standard definition of "developed" I think the US might take the cake

This is after a bunch of less sophisticated countries like
Honduras, Venezuela, Jamaica and about 15 more similar in "world status" (for lack of a better term)

One crazy stat is Suicides. The US leads in gun related suicides.

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2016, 06:55:20 AM »
In which developed country do the most mass shootings occur?

If were going by the standard definition of "developed" I think the US might take the cake

This is after a bunch of less sophisticated countries like
Honduras, Venezuela, Jamaica and about 15 more similar in "world status" (for lack of a better term)

One crazy stat is Suicides. The US leads in gun related suicides.

http://crimeresearch.org/2015/06/comparing-death-rates-from-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/

This article also brings up the point of just isolating mass shootings and ignoring mass murders, which liberals seem to do for talking points

Plenty of other articles to choose from.  It really depends how devoted you are to your liberal talking points and how blind you want to be to the facts

That also has nothing to do with how rare they are, given our population

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2016, 09:36:59 AM »
Silly CNN Headline:  Europe on the edge: The new normal
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/europe/europe-on-edge/

The silly people at CNN are making the classic mistake of thinking just because Europe seems to be having terror events on a somewhat regular basis that this is now being seen by some as the "new normal"

Same goes for those wacky French.  Just because they've had a terror attack, on average, about every other month since January of 2015 they completely fail to see that these are nothing more than anomalies

They are making the classic mistake of looking at these events based on the calendar by which we all actually live our lives rather than comparing it to the population

Sure, they've had ~ 11 terrorist events in the last 20 or so months but all they have to do is appy the "iwantmass" fallacy and they will see that these are just anomalies.   There are 66 million people in France and whether divide that by the events themselves or the number killed or injured these are still total anomalies and basically nothing to worry about.

It's not like the rancher who's cow gives birth to a two headed baby sits around and worries that it's going to happen again.  
The rancher knows that anomolies by definition something UNUSUAL and UNEXPECTED (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anomaly)

It's as if the people of Europe don't understand this and are starting see these as USUAL or at the very least EXPECTED events in their lives

I find it really strange that no one in the media has pointed out that these are nothing more than anomalous events.

I wonder why they don't see it ?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2016, 11:02:49 AM »
Sounds like a good reason to arm yourself, heavily.

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2016, 12:04:15 PM »
Silly CNN Headline:  Europe on the edge: The new normal
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/europe/europe-on-edge/

The silly people at CNN are making the classic mistake of thinking just because Europe seems to be having terror events on a somewhat regular basis that this is now being seen by some as the "new normal"

Same goes for those wacky French.  Just because they've had a terror attack, on average, about every other month since January of 2015 they completely fail to see that these are nothing more than anomalies

They are making the classic mistake of looking at these events based on the calendar by which we all actually live our lives rather than comparing it to the population

Sure, they've had ~ 11 terrorist events in the last 20 or so months but all they have to do is appy the "iwantmass" fallacy and they will see that these are just anomalies.   There are 66 million people in France and whether divide that by the events themselves or the number killed or injured these are still total anomalies and basically nothing to worry about.

It's not like the rancher who's cow gives birth to a two headed baby sits around and worries that it's going to happen again.  
The rancher knows that anomolies by definition something UNUSUAL and UNEXPECTED (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anomaly)

It's as if the people of Europe don't understand this and are starting see these as USUAL or at the very least EXPECTED events in their lives

I find it really strange that no one in the media has pointed out that these are nothing more than anomalous events.

I wonder why they don't see it ?

They are identified as anomalies.  It's why there government isn't shipping out all Muslims, even though these crimes are being committed exclusively by Muslims....because very few Muslims are actually committing the crimes.

But that is a different subject matter entirely, just as your cow argument is.   Are you wanting to discuss the increasing rise of violence amongst Muslim extremists and how to combat that?  Your mass shooting chart had nothing to do with that, exclusively.  It included all sorts of gang crimes, etc.

Additionally, we were talking about mass shootings in this thread, not knife attacks, getting ran over by a truck, or blowing up an airport.

You just tell me exactly which argument you would like me to beat the hell out of you at and I will entertain it.  It's clear that you know you lost the argument on massive shootings being anomalies, otherwise you wouldn't be talking about funny cows or Muslims violence being committed in Europe

What isn't going to happen here is you steering the conversation in another direction as a last desperate hope to save face because you look like a fucking retard.  I will gladly debate anything you want, but we should probably be clear on changing subject matter

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2016, 12:34:59 PM »
They are identified as anomalies.  It's why there government isn't shipping out all Muslims, even though these crimes are being committed exclusively by Muslims....because very few Muslims are actually committing the crimes.

But that is a different subject matter entirely, just as your cow argument is.   Are you wanting to discuss the increasing rise of violence amongst Muslim extremists and how to combat that?  Your mass shooting chart had nothing to do with that, exclusively.  It included all sorts of gang crimes, etc.

Additionally, we were talking about mass shootings in this thread, not knife attacks, getting ran over by a truck, or blowing up an airport.

You just tell me exactly which argument you would like me to beat the hell out of you at and I will entertain it.  It's clear that you know you lost the argument on massive shootings being anomalies, otherwise you wouldn't be talking about funny cows or Muslims violence being committed in Europe

What isn't going to happen here is you steering the conversation in another direction as a last desperate hope to save face because you look like a fucking retard.  I will gladly debate anything you want, but we should probably be clear on changing subject matter

Seems like the stupid people of France want to use that lame view based the illusion of linnear time, events and  days in the year (you know, how they actually live their life) and see these things happening about every other month and are starting to see them as some kind of  "normal"

They're clearly just not as sharp as you to realize when you take the population as a whole these are just anomalies. 

In spite of the fact that they've come to expect them and even see them as the "new normal" (which of course is the antithesis of the definition of anomally) they really need someone like you to tell them not to worry about it

Who in their right mind would worry about an anomaly which are so rare and infrequent

Hopefully the people of France will read this thread and start to feel better

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2016, 01:18:35 PM »
Seems like the stupid people of France want to use that lame view based the illusion of linnear time, events and  days in the year (you know, how they actually live their life) and see these things happening about every other month and are starting to see them as some kind of  "normal"

They're clearly just not as sharp as you to realize when you take the population as a whole these are just anomalies.  

In spite of the fact that they've come to expect them and even see them as the "new normal" (which of course is the antithesis of the definition of anomally) they really need someone like you to tell them not to worry about it

Who in their right mind would worry about an anomaly which are so rare and infrequent

Hopefully the people of France will read this thread and start to feel better

They aren't normal, otherwise Muslims wouldn't have a place in their country.  Don't put words my mouth, simpleton.  I've never once said not to worry about it.  It was actually you and your sarcastic argument claiming to agree with conservatives, saying mass shootings are common so there is nothing we can do.

Then again, I don't know where the occurrences of mass terror attacks, not mass shootings, have anything to do with the initial argument of mass shootings in america.   Particularly interesting to me is that you citing these cases doesn't help the liberal argument that America needs more gun control.  Gun control sure as hell isn't helping over there.  

Pick an argument and stick to it.  Your desperation has you reaching all over for information.   At this point you aren't even talking about shootings anymore

I wouldn't say that CNN referring to them as the new normal is representative of the beliefs of the common citizen in those countries.  I bet most citizens in France don't avoid streets and roads in fear of 18 wheelers mowing them down.   Rather they probably have a heightened awareness and are losing their liberal tolerance of Muslims. I also couldn't help but notice it says 11th attack or attempt.  How many attacks actually went through, and just to keep this relevant to our liberal argument for gun control, how many people were killed by guns?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2016, 03:23:06 PM »
They aren't normal, otherwise Muslims wouldn't have a place in their country.  Don't put words my mouth, simpleton.  I've never once said not to worry about it.  It was actually you and your sarcastic argument claiming to agree with conservatives, saying mass shootings are common so there is nothing we can do.

Then again, I don't know where the occurrences of mass terror attacks, not mass shootings, have anything to do with the initial argument of mass shootings in america.  Particularly interesting to me is that you citing these cases doesn't help the liberal argument that America needs more gun control.  Gun control sure as hell isn't helping over there.  

Pick an argument and stick to it.  Your desperation has you reaching all over for information.   At this point you aren't even talking about shootings anymore

I wouldn't say that CNN referring to them as the new normal is representative of the beliefs of the common citizen in those countries.  I bet most citizens in France don't avoid streets and roads in fear of 18 wheelers mowing them down.   Rather they probably have a heightened awareness and are losing their liberal tolerance of Muslims. I also couldn't help but notice it says 11th attack or attempt.  How many attacks actually went through, and just to keep this relevant to our liberal argument for gun control, how many people were killed by guns?

They are both deemed anomalies by the "iwantmass" fallacy

aren't you the guy who said you would be "absolutely shocked" to learn that someone in your town won the lottery, died of cancer, or gave birth to an autistic child

I'm thinking your judgement on pretty much everything is flawed or maybe you live in a town with ten people.

I guess since it's not your town you won't be "shocked" but there were 3 more anomalies in this country yesterday

Still though, I have to say this is very UNUSUAL and certainly UNEXPECTED

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2016, 04:04:08 PM »
They are both deemed anomalies by the "iwantmass" fallacy

aren't you the guy who said you would be "absolutely shocked" to learn that someone in your town won the lottery, died of cancer, or gave birth to an autistic child

I'm thinking your judgement on pretty much everything is flawed or maybe you live in a town with ten people.

I guess since it's not your town you won't be "shocked" but there were 3 more anomalies in this country yesterday

Still though, I have to say this is very UNUSUAL and certainly UNEXPECTED

What exactly is your argument at this point? Of course mass murders are anomalies.  You yourself said they are happening every other month in France.  Never mind that these attacks don't have anything to do with guns in all/most cases.

I did say I would be shocked to see those things happen within the my town. To which you responded that I must live in a really small town if I don't know a lottery winner.  I asked you to tell me the names of the lottery winners that you know, and I'm still awaiting your answer.

Once again, the fact that you have to rely on national media to.identify with any of these things speaks volumes to their rarity.

There is no fallacy in my argument or flaw to my judgment.  My argument has made you look like an idiot every time that you post, to the point you can't even stick to the original topic.  You are actually childish enough to argue the very definition or context of anomolies, just because you are having your ass handed to you.

You've  argued the definition of a word, outright lied a few times along the way, changed the subject to funny cows occurrences, tried to change the subject matter to mass murders in general, and actually changed the local from the United states to not only another country but another continent.  

Did I miss anything?  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2016, 07:36:12 PM »
What exactly is your argument at this point? Of course mass murders are anomalies.  You yourself said they are happening every other month in France.  Never mind that these attacks don't have anything to do with guns in all/most cases.

I did say I would be shocked to see those things happen within the my town. To which you responded that I must live in a really small town if I don't know a lottery winner.  I asked you to tell me the names of the lottery winners that you know, and I'm still awaiting your answer.

Once again, the fact that you have to rely on national media to.identify with any of these things speaks volumes to their rarity.

There is no fallacy in my argument or flaw to my judgment.  My argument has made you look like an idiot every time that you post, to the point you can't even stick to the original topic.  You are actually childish enough to argue the very definition or context of anomolies, just because you are having your ass handed to you.

You've  argued the definition of a word, outright lied a few times along the way, changed the subject to funny cows occurrences, tried to change the subject matter to mass murders in general, and actually changed the local from the United states to not only another country but another continent.  

Did I miss anything?  

same as it's been since the beginning

mass shootings are a common event in this country

they happen (on average) on a daily basis

I EXPECT them to happen again and again and again

You decided to chime in and demand that your own personal definition of "event/population" is the only way to define anomaly even though you can't provide any source to support that other than your own assertion.

Oddly you also provide the definition shown below which you then chose to completely ignore

The definition of an anomaly that you posted states that it's "something that is unusual or unexpected"

Clearly this means that anomalies are subjective based on the persons experience and perspective

We know this to be true because you've also stated you would be "absolutely shocked" to learn that someone in your town died of cancer or had an autistic child

The reality of course is that these things happen everyday all over the country and most people would not find those events to be "unexpected" much less "shocking"

Get tomorrow mornings paper and go read the obituary section and you'll find it filled with "shocking anomalies"....well, at least to you

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2016, 08:12:24 PM »
same as it's been since the beginning

mass shootings are a common event in this country

they happen (on average) on a daily basis

I EXPECT them to happen again and again and again

You decided to chime in and demand that your own personal definition of "event/population" is the only way to define anomaly even though you can't provide any source to support that other than your own assertion.

Oddly you also provide the definition shown below which you then chose to completely ignore

The definition of an anomaly that you posted states that it's "something that is unusual or unexpected"

Clearly this means that anomalies are subjective based on the persons experience and perspective

We know this to be true because you've also stated you would be "absolutely shocked" to learn that someone in your town died of cancer or had an autistic child

The reality of course is that these things happen everyday all over the country and most people would not find those events to be "unexpected" much less "shocking"

Get tomorrow mornings paper and go read the obituary section and you'll find it filled with "shocking anomalies"....well, at least to you

I provided context.  Population provides context, which you need.  You are just trying to omit the context that you don't like, yet stick with the context you do.  It would be like saying there are 10 million murders.  10 million murders when, where, amongst what people?  It would be an important context clue to say there have been 10 million murders since 1AD (that provides the timeline) throughout the entire globe (that provides a population context).  See, you are providing the average per day, just like i'm providing the given population.  It is called a complete look at things, and it entails being honest, which you aren't.  

I provided a definition that also listed autism as an example of an anomaly, which you conveniently ignored....again....

Here you go omitting things as you see fit.  Cancer and autism are anomalies.  It isn't even a debate. It's a medical fact.  And why did you leave out the lottery this time.  You said winning the lottery is common and I must live in a really small town if i don't know a lottery winner.  I'm still waiting on you to provide the names of the ones you know. This makes the 3rd time I've asked.

Every single time one of these mass shootings happened, people are shocked.  What the fuck are you talking about?  The story usually begins with, we never saw this coming from him...blah blah blah.  It was the last thing we expected.  

I suspect if i read every newspaper throughout our infinite galaxy I can find instances of all sorts of stuff once per day.  That means fuck all to the rarity of them occurring, because it lacks context.

You are not a smart person.  You've always given as much indication because you never actually state your point.  You just go in and side swipe guys like coach and nit pick at their point.  Problem is I'm not coach and i'm way out of your league, and this entire thread further confirms it, just like the last time you tried this with me.  We can keep going because i like making you look like the dumbest person on this forum as i stated earlier.  

And no your argument isn't the same as its always been.  You've tried switching to 2 headed cows, mass murders, other countries, etc.  Your argument has been an ever devolving pile of shit.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2016, 09:05:19 PM »
I provided context.  Population provides context, which you need.  You are just trying to omit the context that you don't like, yet stick with the context you do.  It would be like saying there are 10 million murders.  10 million murders when, where, amongst what people?  It would be an important context clue to say there have been 10 million murders since 1AD (that provides the timeline) throughout the entire globe (that provides a population context).  See, you are providing the average per day, just like i'm providing the given population.  It is called a complete look at things, and it entails being honest, which you aren't.  

I provided a definition that also listed autism as an example of an anomaly, which you conveniently ignored....again....

Here you go omitting things as you see fit.  Cancer and autism are anomalies.  It isn't even a debate. It's a medical fact.  And why did you leave out the lottery this time.  You said winning the lottery is common and I must live in a really small town if i don't know a lottery winner.  I'm still waiting on you to provide the names of the ones you know. This makes the 3rd time I've asked.

Every single time one of these mass shootings happened, people are shocked.  What the fuck are you talking about?  The story usually begins with, we never saw this coming from him...blah blah blah.  It was the last thing we expected.  

I suspect if i read every newspaper throughout our infinite galaxy I can find instances of all sorts of stuff once per day.  That means fuck all to the rarity of them occurring, because it lacks context.

You are not a smart person.  You've always given as much indication because you never actually state your point.  You just go in and side swipe guys like coach and nit pick at their point.  Problem is I'm not coach and i'm way out of your league, and this entire thread further confirms it, just like the last time you tried this with me.  We can keep going because i like making you look like the dumbest person on this forum as i stated earlier.  

And no your argument isn't the same as its always been.  You've tried switching to 2 headed cows, mass murders, other countries, etc.  Your argument has been an ever devolving pile of shit.

yeah, look at me ignoring autism in this post

why have you ingored the definition of anomaly that you posted ?

can you answer that without a paragraph

BTW - try to pay attention

I never said I knew a lottery winner

I said I'm not shocked when "someone" wins a lottery

I EXPECT a winner to be announced for a lottery

right, you gave me an arbitrary number rather than one that actually had any context to the conversation

that makes absolutely no sense

and in fact I can see no definition of an anomaly that applies any number.  You're the one that introduced that and then you claim the number you offered was arbitray and oddly enough doesn't apply to ANY of the examples you chose to offer as an "anomaly" and thus by defintion unexpected

The CDC says that autism spectrum disorder is diagnosed in 1 out of 68 children

1/68 = .0147

By that standard we have lots of anomolies

Abortion is most certainly an anomaly

According to the National Cancer Insitute ~ 569k people in the US will die of cancer in 2016

596,000 / 320,000,000 = .001863

Wow - so dying of cancer is an anomaly too and so it goes for many other things that happen to small percentage of the population

Being a small percentage is not what's makes them an anomaly

The very defintion you offered doesn't even claim that a criteria much less the ONLY criteria

So you can go on being shocked when a mass shooting occurs, or when someone wins  a lottery or when someone dies of cancer or has an abortion or an autistic kid and I'll continue to see these as common place events in this country

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2016, 09:14:19 PM »
yeah, look at me ignoring autism in this post

why have you ingored the definition of anomaly that you posted ?

can you answer that without a paragraph

BTW - try to pay attention

I never said I knew a lottery winner

I said I'm not shocked when "someone" wins a lottery

I EXPECT a winner to be announced for a lottery

I didn't mention your thoughts on autism, which is an anomaly, in some other post.  I'm talking about the post which I quoted, where you gave the definition on anomaly without the example.

I'm not ignoring the definition of the word anomaly. I'm using it correctly whereas you refuse to accept the meaning because it makes you look like an idiot. That is happening anyhow

Here we go with the lies again. You said I must live in a really small town if there isn't a lottery winner in my town, which implies you are familiar with them in your town.

How prophetic of you.  You have an expectation that someone will win the lottery.  You are a fucking idiot.  by that idiocy, I expect to see a 2 headed animal

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2016, 06:01:44 AM »
http://crimeresearch.org/2015/06/comparing-death-rates-from-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/

This article also brings up the point of just isolating mass shootings and ignoring mass murders, which liberals seem to do for talking points

Plenty of other articles to choose from.  It really depends how devoted you are to your liberal talking points and how blind you want to be to the facts

That also has nothing to do with how rare they are, given our population

Replace Mass Shootings with "gun violence"

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2016, 08:05:15 AM »
Replace Mass Shootings with "gun violence"

That is a whole different discussion and not at all what strawman was talking about, but I will gladly talk about that if he likes

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2016, 11:29:12 AM »
I didn't mention your thoughts on autism, which is an anomaly, in some other post.  I'm talking about the post which I quoted, where you gave the definition on anomaly without the example.

I'm not ignoring the definition of the word anomaly. I'm using it correctly whereas you refuse to accept the meaning because it makes you look like an idiot. That is happening anyhow

Here we go with the lies again. You said I must live in a really small town if there isn't a lottery winner in my town, which implies you are familiar with them in your town.

How prophetic of you.  You have an expectation that someone will win the lottery. You are a fucking idiot.  by that idiocy, I expect to see a 2 headed animal

I hope you're sitting down because you've already told us you'd be absolutely shocked to learn that someone won a lottery
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/winning-487-million-powerball-ticket-sold-new-hampshire-n620411

Oh, wait  you're only "absolutely shocked" if that happens to someone in your town so if you don't live in that town in New Hampshire then I guess you won't be shocked

Sounds like an anomaly is subjective

Hmm..that makes sense, especially when we look at the definition that you posted which is something "unexpected"

I expect mass shootings (as previously defined) to continue to happen so they are not an anomaly to me

I also expect that someone in my town will die of cancer or have an autistic child

For you obviously these very same events are "absolutely shocking" and apparently some kind of anomaly

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2016, 12:16:59 PM »
I hope you're sitting down because you've already told us you'd be absolutely shocked to learn that someone won a lottery
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/winning-487-million-powerball-ticket-sold-new-hampshire-n620411

Oh, wait  you're only "absolutely shocked" if that happens to someone in your town so if you don't live in that town in New Hampshire then I guess you won't be shocked

Sounds like an anomaly is subjective

Hmm..that makes sense, especially when we look at the definition that you posted which is something "unexpected"

I expect mass shootings (as previously defined) to continue to happen so they are not an anomaly to me

I also expect that someone in my town will die of cancer or have an autistic child

For you obviously these very same events are "absolutely shocking" and apparently some kind of anomaly

I did not say I would be shocked if someone won the lottery. In a population of 320 million people, where many play 100s of number combinations per person, it will eventually happen.  I said i would be shocked if someone with any personal connection to me, my town, state etc won.  You would know that if literacy and honesty weren't weak points of yours.  You once again had to rely on national media to recognize a lottery winner.

Anomaly is not subjective.  Only an idiot that is losing an argument on the Internet would claim winning the lottery isn't an anomaly.

Why do you provide still shots of the days we have multiple mass shootings in a row and not the 3 day gaps in shootings, as we just saw from the 25th to the 28th. That seems kinda dishonest to me, but that is a theme with you.  We are talking about the person that won't admit winning the lottery is an anomaly.

How big is your town?  I'm certain given a reasonable size town, these things will happen.  I'm also certain you won't have any personal connection, nor will your friends, etc.  I didn't say these things don't happen, I said they happen infrequently enougb to be considered medical anomalies, as does any medical journal....

Let's be clear, you are pathetically debating that something that won't happen to, happen as a result of, or be witnessed by +99.999... % of the population is common. whether you admit it or not, you are doing so because it's a liberal talking point for gun control.  What you won't point out is that the examples from your list were mostly committed by ganger members with likely unregistered guns...illegally obtained.  

Now I understand you won't take ownership of your liberal talking points, because you are gutless and won't take a clear side on things on here.  I also understand why you do it, because you are a fucking idiot and what I'm doing to you right now would happen all the time.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2016, 12:44:29 PM »
I did not say I would be shocked if someone won the lottery. In a population of 320 million people, where many play 100s of number combinations per person, it will eventually happen.  I said i would be shocked if someone with any personal connection to me, my town, state etc won.  You would know that if literacy and honesty weren't weak points of yours.  You once again had to rely on national media to recognize a lottery winner.

Anomaly is not subjective. Only an idiot that is losing an argument on the Internet would claim winning the lottery isn't an anomaly.

Why do you provide still shots of the days we have multiple mass shootings in a row and not the 3 day gaps in shootings, as we just saw from the 25th to the 28th. That seems kinda dishonest to me, but that is a theme with you.  We are talking about the person that won't admit winning the lottery is an anomaly.

How big is your town?  I'm certain given a reasonable size town, these things will happen.  I'm also certain you won't have any personal connection, nor will your friends, etc.  I didn't say these things don't happen, I said they happen infrequently enougb to be considered medical anomalies, as does any medical journal....

Let's be clear, you are pathetically debating that something that won't happen to, happen as a result of, or be witnessed by +99.999... % of the population is common. whether you admit it or not, you are doing so because it's a liberal talking point for gun control.  What you won't point out is that the examples from your list were mostly committed by ganger members with likely unregistered guns...illegally obtained.  

Now I understand you won't take ownership of your liberal talking points, because you are gutless and won't take a clear side on things on here.  I also understand why you do it, because you are a fucking idiot and what I'm doing to you right now would happen all the time.

LOL - you'd be shocked if anyone in your state won a lottery and yet you're telling us that is not SUBJECTIVE (and lets not forget you're also absolutely shocked if someone dies of cancer or has an austic child)

So now you're suggesting that YOUR PERSPECTIVE is the one standard by which we all must determine an anomaly

Go look at the definition you posted

An anomaly is something unexpected

unexpected by who?

Shouldn't that say unexepected by an idiot who goes by the name "iwantmass" on getbig.com

that's the definition you're essentially saying by insisting it's your standard that we must all accept for ourselves

I'm very used to seeing mass shootings stories on the news and I fully expect to see them again and again

thus, they are not an anomaly for me

BTW - I live in San Jose and people in my city have won the lottery, died of cancer and have austic kids and I'm not absolutely shocked by any of those things and expect they will all happen again

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2016, 12:45:22 PM »
d

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2016, 01:36:39 PM »
LOL - you'd be shocked if anyone in your state won a lottery and yet you're telling us that is not SUBJECTIVE (and lets not forget you're also absolutely shocked if someone dies of cancer or has an austic child)

So now you're suggesting that YOUR PERSPECTIVE is the one standard by which we all must determine an anomaly

Go look at the definition you posted

An anomaly is something unexpected

unexpected by who?

Shouldn't that say unexepected by an idiot who goes by the name "iwantmass" on getbig.com

that's the definition you're essentially saying by insisting it's your standard that we must all accept for ourselves

I'm very used to seeing mass shootings stories on the news and I fully expect to see them again and again

thus, they are not an anomaly for me

BTW - I live in San Jose and people in my city have won the lottery, died of cancer and have austic kids and I'm not absolutely shocked by any of those things and expect they will all happen again

The powerball winner you posted was the 5th largest powerball win in history at 478 million.  Your article also states the odds of winning, somewhere as 1 in 232 million.  So we have a population of 230 million and odds of winning are near similar numbers, yet how long has the pot continued to rise because no one wins multiple weeks In a row.  That powerball winner was the anomaly,  you idiot, which is also it's newsworthy.  You don't see the news covering kittens being born or idiots losing arguments on the Internet, because kittens are born all the time and idiots like you lose arguments on the net all the time.

My perspective is certainly not the only one that counts, but no honest person would do as you are now and debate the above situation being the rare occurence.

After Lying multiple times, omitting facts,  changing the subject multiple times to cows, mass killing in other countries, etc; you are finally back to arguing the definition of a word. It's sad that your whole argument rest on ignorantly arguing the definition of a word.

Can you provide your list of San Jose lottery winners since there have been so many. I'm skeptical to believe it happens all the time.  And once again, we are talking about jackpot winners, not scratch off 5 buck winners

No one said those things wouldn't happen again. I said they happen at a rare rate.  I initially thought you were just being stubborj, now I just question your competence and literacy