Author Topic: Police Will Abide by Ohio's Open Carry Gun Laws at Convention  (Read 304 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Open Carry = recipe for disaster.  At convention, or anywhere else. 

Cleveland's police chief said Wednesday he would prefer that people not bring firearms to the Republican National Convention that kicks off next week — but said it is legal to do so.

"It's the law in this state and as police chief, I'm bound to uphold the law in this state," Police Chief Calvin Williams said at a news conference Tuesday.

More than 5,000 police officers are expected to be on hand when the Republican convention begins Monday.

The party's controversial candidate, Donald Trump, is expected to be nominated at the convention, and the city is bracing for protests.

Three hundred police officers on bikes will be patrolling, and part of their job will be separating potentially hostile groups from one another, a police official confirmed.

There will be two rings of security outside the convention. No guns will be allowed in a secure zone inside the convention site and right outside it, an area controlled by the Secret Service.

In the larger area outside the event, guns will be permitted in accordance with Ohio state law, but other items — including knives, paintball guns, and umbrellas with sharp tips, will be prohibited, officials said.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Police Will Abide by Ohio's Open Carry Gun Laws at Convention
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 06:10:09 PM »
Yea some bad shit could go down for sure

Never liked open carry, I think it just gives anti gun people more fodder

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Police Will Abide by Ohio's Open Carry Gun Laws at Convention
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 06:41:14 PM »
Never liked open carry, I think it just gives anti gun people more fodder

agreed.  And it means a bad guy knows who to shoot first. 

And I'm always scared of what happens when 2 or 3 open carry folks are nervously eyeballing each other at a walmart, waiting for the other to 'make a move'.   When I see someone with a gun bulge, someone acting shady, I am watching them like a hawk so I can pop them if they start pulling guns and getting rowdy.  Imagine if both of us have glocks strapped across chest.  That moment gets weirder. 

plus some people with it are just insecure pricks.  If some a-hole is pacing my street with an AR15 "because the law says he can", I have to bring my kids in and strap up, just in case he's a nutbag waiting for a bigger number of targets to start popping 30 people.   Sucks, but open carry could really have hurt this country.  The DAL shooter would have had to sneak that AR15 in, to get into that position with it.  He would have had to sneak that gun into the crowd.  As we know, idiots were just carrying AR15s for sport.

Now, what happens when the shooting starts?  Cops suddenly have ot worry about the dozens of people in crowd they see with that rifle.  Damn good way to get oneself shot.  That mark hughes dude was dumb to bring one, but smart to hand it to a cop. I could easily see some hero seeing him, hearing shots, and just popping him to be sure.