Author Topic: Cleveland police union asks for suspension of 'open carry' in wake of Baton Roug  (Read 363 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Cleveland, Ohio (CNN)The head of Cleveland's largest police union is calling on Ohio Gov. John Kasich to temporarily restrict the state's gun laws during this week's Republican National Convention following Sunday's shooting in Louisiana that killed three officers and wounded at least three others.

"We are sending a letter to Gov. Kasich requesting assistance from him. He could very easily do some kind of executive order or something -- I don't care if it's constitutional or not at this point," Stephen Loomis, president of Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association, told CNN. "They can fight about it after the RNC or they can lift it after the RNC, but I want him to absolutely outlaw open-carry in Cuyahoga County until this RNC is over."

So-called "open carry" gun laws in Ohio allow for licensed firearm owners to wear their weapons in public. With the exception of a small "secure zone" inside and around the Quicken Loans Arena, residents, delegates and protesters are legally permitted to walk around the city -- including within its 1.7 square mile regulated "event zone" -- with any firearm not explicitly banned by the state.

Kasich, responding to the request, said: "Ohio governors do not have the power to arbitrarily suspend federal and state constitutional rights or state laws as suggested."

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/17/politics/cleveland-police-baton-rouge-security-open-carry/

Kasich: I Can't Ban Open Carry at RNC

Ohio Gov. John Kasich's office tells The Daily Beast he cannot ban open carry of firearms at the Republican convention in Cleveland. "Law enforcement is a noble, essential calling and we all grieve that we've again seen attacks on officers," spokeswoman Emmalee Kalmbach said in a statement. "Ohio governors do not have the power to arbitrarily suspend federal and state constitutional rights or state laws as suggested." Hours earlier, the president of the Cleveland police union asked Kasich to ban all open carrying of weapons in Cuyahoga County after six police officers were shot in Baton Rouge on Sunday morning, three of them fatally.

— Jackie Kucinich

###

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/07/17/kasich-i-can-t-ban-open-carry-at-rnc.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
"I don't care if it's Constitutional or not at this point."  Hahahaha....

No shit, you coward pig.  We know you don't care about the Constitution, as your fellow criminals in blue shit on it daily. 

Didn't hear you complaining when pigs shoot unarmed citizens they deem a "threat."  Now, that the odds are turned, you want to change the rules?   Go fuck yourself.....

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
I was about to post this but wanted to see if those who claim to support and value the Constitution (and thus the 2nd Amendment) would react. Police union chiefs are usually no better than mafia bosses. This guy is showing his true colors (blue) and clearly states he doesn't care about laws or the Constitution: "I don't care if it's constitutional or not at this point".
Kasich's response was appropriate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
open carry people pose far less danger than do criminal ghetto druggie felonious thugs

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
open carry people pose far less danger than do criminal ghetto druggie felonious thugs

but they're still SOME danger.    If I'm at lunch with the family, and I see 3 idiots with AR-15s sitting across the place, I'm getting the fck outta there.

Sure, maybe they're just showing off their rights, but they're also knowingly intimidating everything there. 

I ask any parent to disagree - do you feel perfectly comfy with 3 armed non-police dudes with AR-15s sipping their coffee waiting for the lunch time rush... do you stick around, or do you bail?