Author Topic: Let the Games Begin!  (Read 228 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Let the Games Begin!
« on: July 18, 2016, 07:02:44 PM »
The republican national convention kicked off today. What excitement! What discord!

Who knew political conventions are expected to adhere to 'Robert's Rules of Order'? Convention rules are primarily based on that concept.

It is all very familiar to me, because the same rules apply to every convention I have participated in, regardless the number of attendees. What is a game changer, is how the rules end up being interpreted during any convention. Yeah or nay votes require only the perception and decision of the chair. With a delegate count as big as that today, an accurate take of which side prevailed is next to impossible, in most cases. If the body disagrees with the chair, they can challenge their decision by requesting a standing or roll call vote.

Clearly, there are divisions within the republican party with regards electing Donald Trump as their pick for the best candidate to win the election in November and become our next president. I suggest the same is true for the democratic party with regards to Hiliary Clinton. When the democratic convention commences, we may be privy to the disagreements within the democratic party...or not. This will depend on how comparatively fractured the democratic party is to the republican party.

As the tread title reads, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

And no, this is not 'The Game of Thrones' or some other fantasy television/theatrical production we are invited to consume as being real life.

Addendum: Do you not see the obvious? Whether your choice is Hilary or the Donald, they are merely a chess piece in this game?