Author Topic: Cesaro on way out OR a Work  (Read 3191 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Cesaro on way out OR a Work
« on: July 20, 2016, 05:43:35 AM »
You decide..

On WWE Network’s post-SmackDown WWE Draft Center Live, several of the Superstars drafted earlier in the evening were given a chance to speak on their new homes and futures there.

JoJo caught up with Raw’s Cesaro, and it’s an interview that likely won’t get released on YouTube or any of the company’s other online outlets. That’s because it may not win him much support from the powers-that-be (unless the whole thing is a work, which can’t 100% be ruled out, because wrestling). But the same thing Vince McMahon may hate... the way he laments not being able to speak his mind more often, how he’s upset about being placed on a brand which might not focus on wrestling and frustrated with the authority figures and their drama being the center of attention... will only make you love the Swiss Superman more.

Here’s a transcript:

JoJo: Cesaro, you were drafted in the 6th round to Raw. How are you feeling about all of this?

Cesaro: First of all I’m not too happy to be drafted 17th in the 6th round. I had a feeling I should be drafted a little bit higher, I was hoping to be at least top ten. Just looking at the rosters and what the GMs talked about yesterday how SmackDown is going to be the wrestling show and all about in-ring product and all about the Superstars and not necessarily about the GMs and that whole drama, I feel like I probably would have been a better fit for SmackDown. But just like in my career so far here, there’s always a little stumble block or whatever that I have to overcome, so, um... I’m looking forward to being on the flagship product... trying to see the positive, being on the flagship product, WWE Raw, that’s where Cesaro belongs.

JoJo: Speaking of GMs, how do you think that Mick Foley being the General Manager and Stephanie McMahon being the Commissioner - how do you think they’ll co-exist?

Cesaro: Honestly, that’s part of the problem, that you just asked me that question because I don’t really care. I think Raw going forward needs to be about the Superstars, it needs to be about the performers in the ring and not about how Stephanie McMahon and Mick Foley co-exist. They need to be there to mediate and make the best show, but that does not need to be the focus. So, the focus should be on the Superstar who got drafted. We have Seth Rollins, we have New Day, we have Finn Bálor coming up from NXT - those are the people we should be here talking about. But we’re talking about Stephanie McMahon and Mick Foley which is annoying to me. A lot of people talk, it’s always a lot of talking and you haven’t heard me talk that much. This is actually great. I can be even able to talk and people can see I can actually speak, you know? My brain can form thoughts that come out through my mouth. The problem is sometimes I stumble the words because I speak five different languages, we know all that, so the thing is I like to speak the language that everybody speaks all around the world, that the WWE Universe loves... that’s the language of wrestling that I do in the ring. That’s what I do best. That’s why I always deliver. Cesaro on Raw.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Cesaro on way out OR a Work
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 01:50:45 PM »
Interesting. I assume it's a work and it so props to Cesaro for stepping up and cutting a good pipe bomb promo. Here is the pre draft interview where he touches on the subject.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 01:57:26 PM »
I think it's interesting how they have the "Wrestling" show, but then didn't draft a lot of the best "wrestlers".

I didn't understand the draft at all.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 02:03:17 PM »
Here is the actual promo. Jojo looks great by the way  :P

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 04:47:38 AM »
He would do much better in Europe or Japan where talent in the ring is recognized and awarded.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 05:18:28 AM »
Dave Meltzer is reporting it was a shoot, not scripted at all.

Draft was all f'ed up. Cesaro needs to finish out his contract and part ways, follow Cody Rhodes and others on the indies, build his brand and maybe come back to WWE but then again, look where this got ADR....

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 10:58:02 AM »

Draft was all f'ed up.

My son an I went to Raw Monday, but I haven't paid attention to the draft.

Quick question though, why would a GM draft the Wyatts, but not Stroman?   Were they not allowed to take all three, or was it not addressed?
Y

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 11:00:58 AM »

Quick question though, why would a GM draft the Wyatts, but not Stroman?   Were they not allowed to take all three, or was it not addressed?

I was wondering the same thing. Guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 08:26:30 PM »

I was just under the impression they were drafted separately.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 10:20:05 AM »
The GM's had the option to take tag team/factions as a unit or individual entity...hence New Day went as a unit where Wyatt family was split. Rumors suggest Bray may build a new family on Smackdown..

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 09:37:34 AM »
The GM's had the option to take tag team/factions as a unit or individual entity...hence New Day went as a unit where Wyatt family was split. Rumors suggest Bray may build a new family on Smackdown..

Gotcha....wondered if they said, or explained it, during the draft.  Was looking at it more from a storyline perspective.
Y

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 10:26:35 AM »
Gotcha....wondered if they said, or explained it, during the draft.  Was looking at it more from a storyline perspective.

Will be interesting if they leave Bray in the weeds or do something with him. He is money and can have good feuds with almost anyone.... He just needs to go face..

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 09:11:33 PM »
Will be interesting if they leave Bray in the weeds or do something with him. He is money and can have good feuds with almost anyone.... He just needs to go face..

He kind of is already, in the same sense Reigns is a heel.  The fans don't seem to hate Wyatt at all.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 01:42:36 PM »
I missed a few weeks I guess wasn't wyatt 'brainwashing'lol script wise the one guy from new day to turn on other 2,,