Author Topic: Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson may get to debate Trump, Clinton  (Read 397 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Weird that MSN and FOX news aren't spending much time on this.

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton may not be the only candidates at the next presidential debate.

All eyes are on the 2016 Republican National Convention this week, but Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson has gained in the latest CNN/ORC poll. In a four-way matchup between Trump, Clinton and Green Party candidate Jill Stein, Johnson is up four points to 13 percent compared to Clinton's 42 percent, Trump's 37 percent and Stein's 5 percent.

If Johnson, former governor of New Mexico, polls at least 15 percent in five national public opinion polls before the first presidential debate, he'll be eligible to appear on the stage with the Democratic and Republican nominees. A recent CBS/New York Times poll had Johnson at 12 percent, according to the Libertarian Republic.

The Los Angeles Times reports "The Price is Right" host Drew Carey, a registered Republican who identifies as Libertarian, is hosting a fundraiser for Johnson this Saturday.

"Our goal is to help Gary reach the magic 15 percent number in national polls, which will place him on the big debate stage with Donald and Hillary," an invitation says. "And if that occurs, then all bets are off on who our next president will be!"

Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura endorsed Johnson for the White House last week in an op-ed for CNBC.

"I like everything Gary Johnson has said so far. He's fiscally conservative and socially liberal – something neither Democrats nor Republicans can offer. He also has a solid plan for bringing our troops home and restoring our economy. And, like me, he's a firm believer that marijuana should be legal," Ventura wrote.

Johnson, described as "The Libertarians' Secret Weapon" by The New Yorker, told the magazine that he stopped getting high earlier this year to focus on the campaign.

"As President, I will not indulge in anything," Johnson vowed. "I don't think you want somebody answering the phone at two o'clock in the morning—that red phone—drunk, either. Better on the stoned side, but I don't want to make that judgment."

Johnson previously ran for president in 2012 on the Libertarian ticket, but received less than one percent of votes. He told the publication that he hopes his running mate William Weld, former governor of Massachusetts, will make him the first serious third-party presidential candidate since Ross Perot ran as an independent in 1992.

Perot won a spot in the presidential debates, receiving 19 percent of the votes against Bill Clinton and George H. W. Bush. Johnson hopes to do the same -- and more.

"If you're not in the debates, there's no way to win," Johnson told The New Yorker. "It's the Super Bowl of politics."

James

For all of the Never-Trumpsters (240, Dos Equis etc..) that are going to waste a vote for Johnson (helping Hillary win) you might want to know that your guy Johnson is for open borders:

Q: Would you open the borders and make it easier to immigrate legally?

A: My vision of the border with Mexico is that a truck from the United States going into Mexico and a truck coming from Mexico into the United States will pass each other at the border going 60 miles an hour. Yes, we should have open borders.

Q: Many Americans fear the flood of immigrants that would follow.
A: They would become taxpayers. They're just pursuing dreams---the same dreams we all have. They work hard. What's wrong with that?

http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Gary_Johnson_Immigration.htm

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
A vote is wasted, unless we choose dog shit (hlary) or cat shit (trump)?

And you must be under the impression that trump will actually fix the borders.  I contend he will not.

James

A vote is wasted, unless we choose dog shit (hlary) or cat shit (trump)?

like it or not,  its either gonna be president hillary or president trump.

And you must be under the impression that trump will actually fix the borders.  I contend he will not.

Its like Dinesh D'Souza said in that video I posted of him destroying Cenk. where Dinesh says with Trump it is unknown what he will do, but with Hillary we know exactly what she will do, and it aint good!, so we gotta go with Trump, as Johnson has zero chance to win, and plus he is for open borders.