Author Topic: Ted Cruz - just wow.  (Read 11915 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Ted Cruz - just wow.
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 03:35:10 AM »
Worse political move of that man's career.

Really bizarre how he went into "my father came to this country with only a 100 dollar bill sewn to the inside of his pants" mode whenever the crowd really began to turn on him.

Perhaps he is far more suited as a senator rather than a general election candidate because I can't ever see him taking the ultimate prize after last night.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2016, 05:31:29 AM »
HAHAHA go away Ted.  You lost.  Twice now.  Move on along and leave the politics to the candidates that people actually like.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 05:40:37 AM »
Ted Cruz: A Very Small Man ("I thought he was a patriot; last night, he proved he isn't.")
Frontpage Mag ^ | 07/21/2016 | Don Feder
Posted on 07/21/2016 2:56:09 AM PDT by KentTrappedInLiberalSeat tle

I’m ashamed that I voted for Ted Cruz in the Massachusetts’ Republican Primary.

I thought he was a man of integrity. Last night he proved -- beyond a shadow of a doubt -- that he isn’t. He made a solemn pledge to support the Republican nominee. And he broke that crucial promise.

I thought he was a patriot. Last night, he proved he isn’t. However bitter and angry he is at Donald Trump, he knows that Trump is the only person standing between Hillary Clinton (a liar, a fraud, a thief and a traitor) and the presidency. And yet – after meticulously laying out the case against another 4 to 8 years of leftist tyranny -- he refused to endorse the one man who can put an end to our long national nightmare.

Cruz wasn’t driven by principle, but by ego. He can’t accept the fact that the party chose Trump over him.

Ted Cruz made the worst mistake of his political career. Millions of us will never forget or forgive his betrayal. He will never be his party’s nominee for president. He will never hold the highest office in the land.

Ted Cruz is a very small man.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2016, 05:44:15 AM »
Roger Stone: Ted Cruz 'is a dumb son of a bitch'
The Hill ^ | July 20, 2016 | Peter Schroeder
Posted on 7/21/2016, 12:36:29 AM by monkapotamus

"By Ted Cruz not supporting the nominee, he's exempted himself from real conservatives," he said. "No voter gives a crap about what Ted Cruz does. The only person this hurts is Ted Cruz..."

"Ted Cruz thinks he's Ronald Reagan. The problem is he's not anything near Reagan in terms of being an inspiring, likable figure," Stone said. "He's a dumb son of a bitch who thinks he's smarter than everybody else."

"He's a despicable human being," he added

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2016, 05:51:06 AM »
Cruz aides made late push for Trump endorsement
The Hill ^ | July 20, 2016 | Jonathan Swan
Posted on 7/21/2016, 8:30:02 AM by Pinkbell

CLEVELAND — Just hours before Ted Cruz took the stage for his convention speech Wednesday night, senior members of Cruz's team were still pushing him to endorse Donald Trump. Cruz never wanted to endorse Trump and is still furious about the personal attacks the GOP presidential nominee made on his family during the primary campaign, sources familiar with the speech preparations told The Hill.

But top aides had concluded he needed to formally endorse Trump at the Republican National Convention.

For Cruz, it was always personal. During the primaries, Trump repeated a tabloid conspiracy theory linking Cruz's father to the man who assassinated President Kennedy, and he tweeted a picture that ridiculed the appearance of Cruz's wife, Heidi.

Trump has never expressed much contrition for those actions.

Still, some aides to Cruz, a Republican senator from Texas, were pushing him to endorse Trump for the sake of his own political future.

Cruz has indicated intentions to run for president again in 2020, and he has a team forming behind him to execute that plan. 2020 was the unspoken undertone beneath the drafting Wednesday night's speech.

Allies of Cruz, a number of whom have spoken privately to The Hill throughout this week, have been worried about what effect not endorsing Trump would have on the senator's future.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

James

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2016, 06:35:16 AM »
What a total douchebag move. 

Train wreck of a speech

Trump said Ted's father was involved in the murder of JFK , posted shopped photos of his wife referring to her as ugly, and called Ted a liar for the last 10 months.

I am voting for Trump, but I have no problem with what Cruz said last night.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2016, 06:38:48 AM »

Trump said Ted's father was involved in the murder of JFK , posted shopped photos of his wife referring to her as ugly, and called Ted a liar for the last 10 months.

I am voting for Trump, but I have no problem with what Cruz said last night.

He should have stayed home.  It came across as creepy and bizarre

My .02 

James

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2016, 06:46:35 AM »
He should have stayed home.  It came across as creepy and bizarre

My .02  

Considering where you live, of course you would think that.

Trump begged him to come and speak and reviewed his speech prior. Cruz is not a coward like Jeb and Kasich who refused to come. The only thing that was "creepy" was the new york delegates who started yelling at him in the middle of his speech, but of course considering where you reside I am sure you had no problem with that.

My .03

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2016, 07:01:57 AM »
Considering where you live, of course you would think that.

Trump begged him to come and speak and reviewed his speech prior. Cruz is not a coward like Jeb and Kasich who refused to come. The only thing that was "creepy" was the new york delegates who started yelling at him in the middle of his speech, but of course considering where you reside I am sure you had no problem with that.

My .03

On TV he just seems strange.  Maybe its the turkey neck and the contrived voice cadence, IDK.   I thought Eric Trump, Rudy, were best so far

James

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2016, 07:10:26 AM »
On TV he just seems strange.  Maybe its the turkey neck and the contrived voice cadence, IDK.

Someone from the Bronx finds the way other people talk strange.  ::)

Great post soul crusher. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2016, 07:15:57 AM »

Someone from the Bronx finds the way other people talk strange.  ::)

Great post soul crusher. 

Could be - was just my initial impression.  His speech seems to not have went over well with many people at all across the spectrum tough.  Even the Texas delegation booed him over what seemed to be too cute by 1/2 speech.   

If he doesnt want to vote for Trump, then he should just say it.  His "vote your conscious" means what?  Vote for Johnson?  Hillary? 

"Vote for people upholding the constitution" - ok - Johnson, Hillary, or Trump -  but without saying which one - who is he referring to?

James

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2016, 07:21:55 AM »

On TV he just seems strange.  Maybe its the turkey neck and the contrived voice cadence, IDK.  

Trump's comb-over and orange skin seems perfectly normal though?

I am voting for Trump in November, and will be voting again for Cruz for his re-election in 2 years, unlike you the way a person looks and talks inst important to me.

Could be - was just my initial impression.  His speech seems to not have went over well with many people at all across the spectrum tough.  Even the Texas delegation booed him over what seemed to be too cute by 1/2 speech.    

If he doesnt want to vote for Trump, then he should just say it.  His "vote your conscious" means what?  Vote for Johnson?  Hillary?  

"Vote for people upholding the constitution" - ok - Johnson, Hillary, or Trump -  but without saying which one - who is he referring to?

You have been trashing Trump on here non stop for the last 2 months, and until just last week were saying you were gonna vote for Johnson, and yet you are so upset with what Cruz said? GMAFB

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2016, 07:32:14 AM »

Trump's comb-over and orange skin seems perfectly normal though?

I am voting for Trump in November, and will be voting again for Cruz for his re-election in 2 years, unlike you the way a person looks and talks inst important to me.

You have been trashing Trump on here non stop for the last 2 months, and until just last week were saying you were gonna vote for Johnson, and yet you are so upset with what Cruz said? GMAFB

I dont like Trump at all - he is a clown , probably working for Hillary, looks absurb w the comb over and organ color, etc.  I am going to vote for Trump as of today mainly due to my utter hatred of hillary and the left wing communist rabble, nothing else.  If it appears the election is totally lost, ill vote for johnson. 

James

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2016, 07:37:04 AM »
I dont like Trump at all - he is a clown , probably working for Hillary, looks absurb w the comb over and organ color, etc.  I am going to vote for Trump as of today mainly due to my utter hatred of hillary and the left wing communist rabble, nothing else.  If it appears the election is totally lost, ill vote for johnson.  

Thank you for making my point.  You are in no position to criticize Cruz.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2016, 07:48:42 AM »
Thank you for making my point.  You are in no position to criticize Cruz.

What did he really accomplish last night other than pissing off a lot of people?  I read he tried to go into a booth last night of Roger Ailes and was not even let in, his wife was booed out of out there, it came across as tacky and low rent. 

Trump is a train wreck on numerous levels and acted ridiculous towards Cruz during the primary - no question.  The Lyin Ted, the accusing the father of killing kennedy, the pic of the wife, - all pathetic, childish, and borderline insane - but i still dont see how Cruz did himself any favors last night.   

James

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2016, 07:59:16 AM »
 I read he tried to go into a booth last night of Roger Ailes and was not even let in.

wow, you mean to say that Fox News doesn't care for Cruz ?  unbelievable  ::)

his wife was booed out of out there, it came across as tacky and low rent.  

You mean to tell me the same New York trash (and other Trump delegates) that yelled at Cruz during his speech were also rude to his wife?  unbelievable ::)

Trump is a train wreck on numerous levels and acted ridiculous towards Cruz during the primary - no question.  The Lyin Ted, the accusing the father of killing kennedy, the pic of the wife, - all pathetic, childish, and borderline insane - but i still dont see how Cruz did himself any favors last night.    

You mean that when a Politician doesn't do what is best for him politically, or as you said what "favors" him politically but instead is honest and also stands up for his family is now something to be looked down upon?  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2016, 08:06:15 AM »
wow, you mean to say that Fox News doesn't care for Cruz ?  unbelievable  ::)

(FYI I have made 100's of post pointing out that Fox hates Cruz over the last year.)

You mean to tell me the same New York trash (and other Trump delegates) that yelled at Cruz during his speech were also rude to his wife?  unbelievable ::)

You mean that when a Politician doesn't do what is best for him politically, or as you said what "favors" him politically but instead is honest and also stands up for his family is now something to be looked down upon?  

If that was his mission - then mission accomplished. 

If his long game is to hope trump loses and run in 2020 - people wont forget this at all.  Maybe he thinks it will help? 

Maybe he hopes trump wins and is a disaster and primaries him in 2020?  IDK - it all seems strange to me. 

James

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2016, 08:33:38 AM »
If that was his mission - then mission accomplished.  

If his long game is to hope trump loses and run in 2020 - people wont forget this at all.  Maybe he thinks it will help?  

Maybe he hopes trump wins and is a disaster and primaries him in 2020?  IDK - it all seems strange to me.  

Maybe he finds standing up for his family and being honest more important than what the media and the new york trash think or what is politically best for him?

He was also told that he would be finished politically if he went against President George Bush in the Medellín v. Texas case, but he did not care and instead did what was right in that situation too, and I respect what he did then, and respect him now.
https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2015/11/the-real-reason-gw-bush-hates-ted-cruz

and BTW it was Billionaire Sheldon Adelson that did not let him in (not Roger Ailes)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2016, 08:46:26 AM »
If anyone is curious how Trump will run the country if elected they can just look at how he has run this convention so far.
First he lets his wife publicly humiliate herself with the most amateurish mistake of blatant plagiarism.  Then they deny she did anything wrong. Then they admitted she plagiarized but it wasn't really her fault and then they said the person responsible would not be fired.   Last night Trump let a guy he called Lying Ted speak and he made a total fool of Trump.
If Trump is POTUS he will embarrass the country like this on a daily basis.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2016, 08:48:59 AM »
Maybe he finds standing up for his family and being honest more important than what the media and the new york trash think or what is politically best for him?

He was also told that he would be finished politically if he went against President George Bush in the Medellín v. Texas case, but he did not care and instead did what was right in that situation too, and I respect what he did then, and respect him now.
https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2015/11/the-real-reason-gw-bush-hates-ted-cruz

and BTW it was Billionaire Sheldon Adelson that did not let him in (not Roger Ailes)

Cruz put the pistol to the head and pulled the trigger last night.

It was so embarrassing hearing him go into auto pilot mode and ramble on about his immigrant father after being called out by the crowd. Looked incredibly weak.

Pissed out a large portion of the GOP voters and gave fodder for the Democrats come 2020 or whenever for that matter.

Anybody who thinks he can win a general election after that stunt is delusional.

And beyond any of that...the guy was down something like 1700 to 400 in delegates while pulling this stunt.

The lack of self awareness was stunning.

Ted Cruz is so done when it comes to presidential politics.

Yeah he might hold on to his senate seat but that guy is simply incapable of doing anything else but get brutally smoked in a general election. He just has pissed off too many people.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2016, 09:00:15 AM »

Would you vote for Cruz in a 2020 primary challenge against Trump?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2016, 09:02:45 AM »
Cruz discovered that in 2016 Republican politics, the more you punch people in the face, the more they like you.

Trump should have been "finished" about 500 times this election season.   Shiiting on POWs, mocking the handicapped... any of those things would have sunk a rand or rubio.   But it didn't.

Cruz realizes that the bigger dick you are, the more people like you in the GOP base.  They boo'd because the place was packed with trump nut huggers.  The constitution was #50 on their list of things to worry about last night.   Power, money, shitting on hilary, etc.   

Trump is a classless fck, all the way.   Only classless fcks would disagree.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2016, 09:06:44 AM »
Cruz discovered that in 2016 Republican politics, the more you punch people in the face, the more they like you.

Trump should have been "finished" about 500 times this election season.   Shiiting on POWs, mocking the handicapped... any of those things would have sunk a rand or rubio.   But it didn't.

Cruz realizes that the bigger dick you are, the more people like you in the GOP base.  They boo'd because the place was packed with trump nut huggers.  The constitution was #50 on their list of things to worry about last night.   Power, money, shitting on hilary, etc.   

Trump is a classless fck, all the way.   Only classless fcks would disagree.

So as a matter of pure performance and theater - what was accomplished? 

The only thing I can possibly think - Cruz thinks that Trump will lose and he used this opportunity to curry favor w a % of the GOP base for 2020 so that if there is a fractured election primary like this time - he starts out in front. 

James

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2016, 09:06:59 AM »
Ted Cruz was also told that he would be finished politically if he went against President George Bush in the Medellín v. Texas case, but he did not care and instead did what was right in that situation too, and I respect what he did then, and respect him now.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2016, 09:14:12 AM »
So as a matter of pure performance and theater - what was accomplished? 

The only thing I can possibly think - Cruz thinks that Trump will lose and he used this opportunity to curry favor w a % of the GOP base for 2020 so that if there is a fractured election primary like this time - he starts out in front. 

Well he managed to get booed out of the building by the GOP delegation.

Seems pretty basic to me that something like that will be hard to rebound from.

How anybody sees it otherwise is beyond me.

Yeah he made a "statement" and "stood up for principle"(his own selfish ones btw) and all that other rah rah bullshit. but certainly he did far more damage, politically speaking than good.