Author Topic: Ted Cruz - just wow.  (Read 11868 times)

James

Re: Ted Cruz - just wow.
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2016, 09:17:32 AM »
Donald Trump ‘Orchestrated the Boos’ for Ted Cruz

Late Wednesday night, a source within the Cruz team informed Daily Wire exclusively that the Trump campaign had sandbagged Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) over his speech at the Republican National Convention. Cruz spoke at the RNC, where he congratulated Trump on his campaign victory, then spoke about the necessity for freedom and finally stated that Americans should “vote your conscience.” He was met with resounding boos on the floor of the convention; his wife Heidi had to be rushed from the room; according to reports, one Republican delegate physically accosted Cruz, and Republican megadonor Sheldon Adelson refused to meet with Cruz.
According to the source, the entire Cruz speech was cleared by the Trump campaign. Paul Manafort, Trump’s campaign manager, expressly approved the speech at 4:30 PM ET. The source, who was standing on the convention floor at the time of the speech, said that Trump operatives were present, urging the crowd to boo. “This was orchestrated by the Trump campaign to make Senator Cruz a pariah within the party,” said the source.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/07/21/ted-cruz-ben-shapiro-trump-orchestrated/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2016, 09:25:07 AM »
Oh.  So Trump meant to upstage his own veep?

If he's not trying to lose, he is sure as shit acting like it.  Pence gave a great speech, perfect and safe and logical, showing he's prepared to do all the tasks Trump promises not to do.

Trump engineers drama, instead.  Wonderful.  This reckless chaotic shtick is the kind of unpredictable mess you want from a president.

THis whole week stinks of disorganization, drama, and chaos.  Imagine what a trump presidency would look like.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2016, 09:30:12 AM »
Donald Trump ‘Orchestrated the Boos’ for Ted Cruz

Late Wednesday night, a source within the Cruz team informed Daily Wire exclusively that the Trump campaign had sandbagged Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) over his speech at the Republican National Convention. Cruz spoke at the RNC, where he congratulated Trump on his campaign victory, then spoke about the necessity for freedom and finally stated that Americans should “vote your conscience.” He was met with resounding boos on the floor of the convention; his wife Heidi had to be rushed from the room; according to reports, one Republican delegate physically accosted Cruz, and Republican megadonor Sheldon Adelson refused to meet with Cruz.
According to the source, the entire Cruz speech was cleared by the Trump campaign. Paul Manafort, Trump’s campaign manager, expressly approved the speech at 4:30 PM ET. The source, who was standing on the convention floor at the time of the speech, said that Trump operatives were present, urging the crowd to boo. “This was orchestrated by the Trump campaign to make Senator Cruz a pariah within the party,” said the source.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/07/21/ted-cruz-ben-shapiro-trump-orchestrated/

Seems like Cruz thought he was going to be slick , but go out slicked himself.  He walked right into a trap that he himself thought he was getting over on. 

Honestly - what did he think was going to happen not endorsing Trump?  When the nevertrump situation failed on Day 1 of the convention, if he didnt realize that ship sailed - he has only himself to blame for the island he created for himself.

Just talking about sheer raw politics here - nothing else. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2016, 09:31:00 AM »
So as a matter of pure performance and theater - what was accomplished?  

The only thing I can possibly think - Cruz thinks that Trump will lose and he used this opportunity to curry favor w a % of the GOP base for 2020 so that if there is a fractured election primary like this time - he starts out in front.  

SC,

When the rest of the party watches Trump coast thru the next few months, wasting RNC dollars, bombing against hilary and losing 40 states.... and they slowly realize they chose a lazy democrat who goofed off, destroyed many good republican names, and gave us 4 years of hilary...

They'll be looking around for answers.  They won't find them in kiss asses like Christie and Rubio.  They'll find it in Cruz/Kasich, who defied the monstrosity known as trump.

And even if Trump wins - 19% right now, could go up - They have a viable alternative to the train wreck that his first term could be.  In 4 years, there's no wall, he's feuding with evreyone, Pence is running the country, and Trump is doing movie cameos and disappearing for weeks on end.

Yes, that's probably how it'll look, and Trump has already promised to let the veep handle the actual presidential job duties.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2016, 09:31:37 AM »
I watched the speech and have no problem with anything he said.  Pretty underhanded for them to invite him to speak, preview his speech beforehand, then encourage people to boo and act butt hurt when the speech is over.  Typical Trump shadiness.  And people tried to physically assault his wife?  What kind of animals did they have in that place?    

So if I'm following this, people actually expected Cruz to outright endorse a man who called him a liar for months and publicly attacked his wife?  I'm glad he showed character and had the stones to stand his ground in front of the entire country in hostile crowd.  He made his pledge to support the candidate before those things happened.  I don't blame him one bit for changing his mind.    

And no, this doesn't do anything to hurt him for a couple reasons:

1.  People have short memories.  

2.  If Trump is elected and has a successful term, and decides to run for reelection, Cruz isn't going to challenge Trump in four years (nor is anyone else).  If Trump doesn't win in November or wins and has a disastrous term, then all those people who didn't rally around him are going to look like prophets.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2016, 09:33:30 AM »
Seems like Cruz thought he was going to be slick , but go out slicked himself.  He walked right into a trap that he himself thought he was getting over on.  

Honestly - what did he think was going to happen not endorsing Trump?  When the nevertrump situation failed on Day 1 of the convention, if he didnt realize that ship sailed - he has only himself to blame for the island he created for himself.

Trump is a brillliant media mind.  He KNEW that letting Cruz speak this non-endorsement would be the story of the night.
Just like he knew the very familiar Michelle Obama speech would make his wife's theft the story of the night (or two).

If he's not tanking it on purpose to bury voices like Rudy, that cool bearded badass cop, Christie, and Pence... he sure is acting like it ;)

The end result of all of this will be 3 things:  Trump's wife stole from maobama, Cruz is a dick, and whatever trump's speech is tonight.  The bar is set so low, trump could fart the ABCs in the mic and get a standing ovation.

James

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2016, 09:34:17 AM »
I watched the speech and have no problem with anything he said.  Pretty underhanded for them to invite him to speak, preview his speech beforehand, then encourage people to boo and act butt hurt when the speech is over.  Typical Trump shadiness.  And people tried to physically assault his wife?  What kind of animals did they have in that place?    

So if I'm following this, people actually expected Cruz to outright endorse a man who called him a liar for months and publicly attacked his wife?  I'm glad he showed character and had the stones to stand his ground in front of the entire country in hostile crowd.  He made his pledge to support the candidate before those things happened.  I don't blame him one bit for changing his mind.    

And no, this doesn't do anything to hurt him for a couple reasons:

1.  People have short memories.  

2.  If Trump is elected and has a successful term, and decides to run for reelection, Cruz isn't going to challenge Trump in four years (nor is anyone else).  If Trump doesn't win in November or wins and has a disastrous term, then all those people who didn't rally around him are going to look like prophets.  

Glad to know that someone agrees with me on this.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2016, 09:35:52 AM »
I watched the speech and have no problem with anything he said.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2016, 09:35:58 AM »
That was my point - this is politics - not some matter of a man defending his honor, etc.  Cruz is making a political bet he hopes will pay off in 4 years or possibly sooner.  He may be right, he may be wrong.  

SC,

When the rest of the party watches Trump coast thru the next few months, wasting RNC dollars, bombing against hilary and losing 40 states.... and they slowly realize they chose a lazy democrat who goofed off, destroyed many good republican names, and gave us 4 years of hilary...

They'll be looking around for answers.  They won't find them in kiss asses like Christie and Rubio.  They'll find it in Cruz/Kasich, who defied the monstrosity known as trump.

And even if Trump wins - 19% right now, could go up - They have a viable alternative to the train wreck that his first term could be.  In 4 years, there's no wall, he's feuding with evreyone, Pence is running the country, and Trump is doing movie cameos and disappearing for weeks on end.

Yes, that's probably how it'll look, and Trump has already promised to let the veep handle the actual presidential job duties.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2016, 09:36:33 AM »
Seems like Cruz thought he was going to be slick , but go out slicked himself.  He walked right into a trap that he himself thought he was getting over on. 

Honestly - what did he think was going to happen not endorsing Trump?  When the nevertrump situation failed on Day 1 of the convention, if he didnt realize that ship sailed - he has only himself to blame for the island he created for himself.

Exactly. Leaving all personal feelings you have towards Trump or towards Cruz, good or bad.

That move by Cruz was stupid as hell.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2016, 09:38:39 AM »
Glad to know that someone agrees with me on this.

Yep.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2016, 09:46:09 AM »

Has anyone seen the video of Cruz hooking up with prostitutes and of his love child? 

there is video of him on tues/thurs having regular hookups. there was a closet incident at 2012 convention and there may be offspring with identical facial features.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2016, 09:59:36 AM »
Exactly. Leaving all personal feelings you have towards Trump or towards Cruz, good or bad.

That move by Cruz was stupid as hell.

Yeah - some are taking this way too hard.  Its raw politics, and from that move seemed stupid to me - but who knows - if Trump goes down hard - Cruz might benefit in 4 years, maybe not.  But what I saw last night on visual and performance basis looked silly.     

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2016, 10:36:04 AM »
Phil Robertson to Ted Cruz: Give Me a Break, Endorse Trump Already
Breitbart ^ | July 21, 2016 | Trent Baker
Posted on 7/21/2016, 12:40:58 PM by proust

“I mean, give me a break, Ted, go ahead and endorse [Donald Trump]. You lost, he won. I think Cruz is a terrific guy, strict constitutionalist. He’s not the most bubbly guy I’ve ever run across, if you understand what I’m saying. But, I love that dude. All the guys who lost, and gals, they all need to swallow their pride and say, ‘The people — the Republican party has said Donald Trump is the man we want in the White House,'” Robertson stated.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2016, 10:39:30 AM »
Ted Cruz Doubles Down on Trump Endorsement Snub
By Sandy Fitzgerald   |   Thursday, 21 Jul 2016

Members of Texas' convention delegation grew heated Thursday morning when Sen. Ted Cruz, the morning after he was roundly booed for not endorsing Donald Trump from the Republican National Convention stage, insisted that he didn't say a "single negative word" about the GOP nominee, and he doesn't intend to.

They cheered him when he insisted he won't vote for presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, but the cheers turned to jeers from many in the room when he would not commit to an endorsement for Trump, while admitting that in part his decision may be personal.

"I am not in the habit of supporting people who attack my wife and attack my father," Cruz told the delegation, referring to Trump's retweeting a post that ridiculed wife Heidi's looks and for Trump insinuating that his father had something to do with the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

"That pledge was not a blanket commitment that if you go and slander my wife that I am going to come like a servile puppy dog for maligning my wife and maligning my father," he continued.

Some of the delegates continued to applaud Cruz's talking points, but others broke into cheers of "USA, USA," after one of the delegates, Geraldine Sam of Lamarque, Texas, demanded to know why Cruz pledged to support the eventual nominee, but now refuses to do so.

"If you're not a man of your word, what are you, then?" she demanded to know, telling him that she turned her back to him when he walked onto the convention stage, "because you lied to me. And don't take my vote for granted because you lied to me. I came to this convention as a Cruz delegate and I'm leaving supporting Donald Trump as the party nominee. "

Cruz, though, told the delegates that what he said Wednesday and what he is sticking with is encouraging people to vote for leaders who will "do what they say and stand by their principles."

"I assume the Trump campaign wanted me to speak," said Cruz. "They saw my speech several hours before I gave it. They knew exactly what I was going to say. I believe they wanted me to speak because they believed it would encourage people to come out and vote. If they didn't, I was perfectly happy to get on plane and go home."

And, he said he asked conservatives at home and Republicans to go out and vote for "candidates that you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution."

The election, he said, is "about principles and ideals and about standing for what we believe in. And, I have to say, it was somewhat dismaying that apparently some of Donald's biggest partisans, when they heard you should vote for someone you can trust, defend the Constitution, they immediately began booing."

While Cruz would not say if he will vote for Trump, he also insisted he will never cast a vote for presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

"I am doing what millions of Americans are doing," he said. "I am watching. I'm listening and the standard that I intend to apply is which candidate I trust to defend our freedom and be faithful to the Constitution."

And Clinton, he said, "fails that test profoundly, and I will note a significant part of my speech last night was laying out the incredible damage of Hillary Clinton's vision."

Cruz said, though, he's watching Trump carefully.

"I've laid out the standard," Cruz told the delegates. "I will be listening to how he and the campaign conducts themselves every day from now until November. That's what I believe the American people will be doing also. The way to win, as I tried with all my might, is not to just scream and yell and attack as traitor anyone that would dare question our candidates."

He said he believes that holding candidates responsible applies to everyone, and he does not intend to "go out and throw rocks at Donald."

"I intend, like a voter, like all of us, just to listen and make the best judgment I can," said Cruz.

"Every one of us has to follow our conscience when friends of mine, supporters of mine are asking what to do. Follow your conscience. Do what you believe is right."

Cruz admitted that there are many options that he could have taken, including to "turn tail" and not go to the convention. "Let me tell you the politically easy option is to stand up and pledge your allegiance. That's the right political outcome . . . I'm not going to lie to you. What I said last night is what I believe."

Cruz also told one of the delegates that moving forward, he'd suggest that Trump listen to his speech to understand how to move forward, as he outlined his criteria in his convention speech.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/cruz-trump-convention-speech/2016/07/21/id/739799/#ixzz4F49SZOZX

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2016, 10:45:39 AM »
Ted Cruz Pulls A Ted Kennedy From The 1980 Democratic Convention
Huffington Post ^ | July 20, 2016 | John A. Tures

When Ted Cruz refused to endorse Donald Trump in his Republican National Convention speech, he channeled his ideological opponent, Ted Kennedy, whose bitter primary fight with Jimmy Carter made him dodge the opportunity to raise hands with his opponent. It cost Carter the 1980 election, and might do similar damage to Trump.

(Excerpt) Read more at huffingtonpost.com ...

;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2016, 10:48:37 AM »
Pence seeks to unify after Cruz
Politico ^ | July 20,2016 | By Nick Gass and Matthew Nussbaum

CLEVELAND — Mike Pence had the stage to himself Wednesday night. But even with Donald Trump off stage and watching, a different, Texas-sized echo was still ringing.

After largely being overshadowed by Trump during his official debut last weekend, the billionaire businessman’s running mate used the prime-time stage on Wednesday night to bridge the divide between the conservatives who have fallen in line behind Trump and those still holding out. He also tested out his new role as Trump's No. 1 attack dog on Hillary Clinton.

But Pence's prime-time moment came as Republicans were still picking their jaws up from the floor after Texas Sen. Ted Cruz jolted Quicken Loans Arena by telling Republicans to "vote their conscience" in November.

As Pence took the stage, Indiana's delegates chanted "Mike! Mike! Mike!" By the end of the speech, more delegates began to chant, "We Like Mike! We Like Mike! We Like Mike!"

"You know, I'm new to this campaign. Honestly, I never thought I would be standing here. I thought I would be spending this evening with all my friends in the great state of Indiana," Pence said. "Yet there I was, a few days ago in New York City with a man who won 37 states, who faced 16 talented opponents and outlasted every one of them, and along the way brought millions of new voters into the Republican Party."

"He is a man known for a large personality, a colorful style and lots of charisma. So I think he was just looking for some balance on the ticket," Pence quipped, to cheers.

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

________________________ _______

Pence must be livid given that he endorsed Cruz over Trump and he did this to take away from Pences' speech. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2016, 10:52:46 AM »
Pence must be livid given that he endorsed Cruz over Trump and he did this to take away from Pences' speech. 

and that Trump KNEW what cruz would say, word for word, and that it'd completely upstage pence last night.

it's the speech of this man's career so far - and he gets 2nd fiddle thanks to The Donald letting the usurper Robert Baratheon speak.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2016, 10:57:23 AM »
Ted Cruz would run in 2020 even if Trump is president, RNC official says
Yahoo News ^ | July 20th, 2016 | Jon Ward
Posted on 7/20/2016, 5:55:37 PM by Mariner

CLEVELAND — For the first time in 36 years, there was a vote on the floor of a party’s nominating convention this past Monday that actually held an element of suspense.

In the hour or so ahead of a vote in which insurgents were attempting to reset the convention rules, Republican National Committee operatives circulated the floor and the back halls of Quicken Loans Arena, buttonholing delegates to argue why they should retract support for the motion, and getting them to sign their names to withdrawal forms. Trump aides, by contrast, bullied delegates with vague and ineffective threats.

In one corner of the arena floor, near CNN’s broadcast booth, delegates from the District of Columbia listened to appeals from high-ranking RNC officials.

The RNC’s argument to the D.C. delegates boiled down to this: A vote for the rules reset would open the door to Ted Cruz becoming the GOP’s nominee four years from now.

(Excerpt) Read more at yahoo.com ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rnc-ted-cruz-president-2020-000000680.html

________________________ ______________________

Yup - Cruz is looking to 2020 - this had nothing to do whatsoever w his wife or his honor or whatsoever

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2016, 11:02:58 AM »
If Trump wins, and sucks, Cruz has a chance in 2020.
If Trump chokes and loses, Cruz has a very good chance in 2020, as he was the only one bold enough to stand up to Trump.

If Trump wins and does well, Cruz never had a chance anyway - he'll be very fugly on the eyes in 2024 when Vice President Pence gets done running the country for 8 years and Trump shows up once a month to pretend he still works there.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2016, 11:03:23 AM »
Ted Cruz would run in 2020 even if Trump is president, RNC official says
Yahoo News ^ | July 20th, 2016 | Jon Ward
Posted on 7/20/2016, 5:55:37 PM by Mariner

CLEVELAND — For the first time in 36 years, there was a vote on the floor of a party’s nominating convention this past Monday that actually held an element of suspense.

In the hour or so ahead of a vote in which insurgents were attempting to reset the convention rules, Republican National Committee operatives circulated the floor and the back halls of Quicken Loans Arena, buttonholing delegates to argue why they should retract support for the motion, and getting them to sign their names to withdrawal forms. Trump aides, by contrast, bullied delegates with vague and ineffective threats.

In one corner of the arena floor, near CNN’s broadcast booth, delegates from the District of Columbia listened to appeals from high-ranking RNC officials.

The RNC’s argument to the D.C. delegates boiled down to this: A vote for the rules reset would open the door to Ted Cruz becoming the GOP’s nominee four years from now.

(Excerpt) Read more at yahoo.com ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rnc-ted-cruz-president-2020-000000680.html

________________________ ______________________

Yup - Cruz is looking to 2020 - this had nothing to do whatsoever w his wife or his honor or whatsoever

Quote from the "RNC official":  “If Trump wins, you better bet your ass Cruz is going to primary him,” the RNC official told Yahoo News.

That's it?  

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2016, 11:08:53 AM »
I listened to the local Dallas post game RNC convention wrap up show and I'm telling you, the majority of Ted's supporters were calling in mad as hell with his little routine last night. This election is about beating Hillary plain and simple and this asshole is up there making it about himself.

There is no way that man will ever win a presidential election after last night.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2016, 11:28:01 AM »
This election is about beating Hillary plain and simple

Cruz believes Trump is a democrat plant, remember?   I posted the link yesterday.

Cruz believes for Trump, the election is about beating the GOP field so she runs de facto unopposed, against him.

Therefore, Cruz trying to stop Trump = Cruz trying to stop hilary.

Did you know Cruz and I feel the same about Trump dem plant?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2016, 11:30:02 AM »
Quote from the "RNC official":  “If Trump wins, you better bet your ass Cruz is going to primary him,” the RNC official told Yahoo News.

That's it?  

I guess.  But at this rate Cruz is going to have an issue getting re-elected to Senate.   

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2016, 11:35:17 AM »