Author Topic: Trump taunts GOP in private donor meeting  (Read 221 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Trump taunts GOP in private donor meeting
« on: July 21, 2016, 06:27:24 PM »
The day he accepts the greatest honor the GOP can bestow upon a person - he punks and mocks them.   Trashing Reince Priebus too.

CLEVELAND — Just hours before accepting the Republican Party’s presidential nomination, Donald Trump taunted his party on Thursday, ripping into his rivals and joking that, had he run as an independent, he could have defeated the GOP.

During a luncheon with 300 top donors just blocks from the convention center here, Trump said the Republican National Committee wanted him to sign a loyalty pledge last year because it was afraid he’d run as an independent and it knew he would beat the GOP's candidates. POLITICO received a recording of portions of his remarks, and four sources in the room also described his comments.

"I was the only one who wasn't going to sign the pledge, and [RNC Chairman] Reince [Priebus] is going crazy because he thought I was going to run independent, and if I ran independent I promise you the Republicans would have had zero chance, OK?” he said. Laughter lit up from the audience. "The independents would beat the Republicans!"

He continued: "So Reince every day… was calling, asking me to sign the pledge. And so I said, ‘You know what, I’ll sign, but only if everyone else does.' And so I did, and everybody else did. … The pledge was only because of me."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/trump-taunts-republicans-meeting-225958#ixzz4F63SREyX
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook