Author Topic: should i buy a push reel mower ( no gas no motor)  (Read 3828 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: should i buy a push reel mower ( no gas no motor)
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2016, 10:42:11 AM »
will it cut tall grass like over a foot or two

when cuttin 9 to 12 inch grass can i cut it down to 1 inch with a single pass

can these reel mowers cut with me pushing hard as fuck ?

ive never seen anyone use it for commercial cutting but i have a shit load of energy but i want it to cut n be able to cut tall grass

I have one that I use every now and then.  The trick is to cut your grass short with a regular mower or riding mower then maintain with the reel.

There are reel mowers out there that will cut tall grass, but most its difficult to do so.  Look for one that is Made in America.  I love mine!

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2016, 10:48:43 AM »
Really? So I guess you're going to protest having gardeners in your city?

We don't really have lawns in my part of town.  I certainly have protested gas powered leaf blowers, which are illegal in residential neighborhoods in LA, even though they're everywhere.  I got my building's gardner to use an electric leaf blower.  He was already using an electric weed whacker.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2016, 10:50:42 AM »
What TA said. I had one sold it. Good in theory sux in application. My grandpa used to make me cut the grass w one back in the 70s. Back then they were much heavier and did a better job too. But trying to cut grass that you've let get too high sux w them. Buy a cheap regular mower and get your exercise another way.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2016, 10:52:57 AM »
We don't really have lawns in my part of town.  I certainly have protested gas powered leaf blowers, which are illegal in residential neighborhoods in LA, even though they're everywhere.  I got my building's gardner to use an electric leaf blower.  He was already using an electric weed whacker.
really?!  What part of LA?  They use them everywhere in the Redondo beach area. Gas I mean. Loud as shit but the electric ones are loud too.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2016, 10:53:15 AM »
You would have a meltdown if you saw the acres of land surrounding me and what it takes to maintain it.

You are so far out of touch with everyone outside your bubble.  For instance, you don't realize that it MANY areas that it would take Law Enforcement over 30 minutes to respond to you, yet you want to ban guns.

Wake up for once and realize you are not the center of the fucking universe.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2016, 10:58:43 AM »
You would have a meltdown if you saw the acres of land surrounding me and what it takes to maintain it.

You are so far out of touch with everyone outside your bubble.  For instance, you don't realize that it MANY areas that it would take Law Enforcement over 30 minutes to respond to you, yet you want to ban guns.

Wake up for once and realize you are not the center of the fucking universe.

This should be posted at the front door of every college/university/non profit and welfare office in North America
"

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2016, 11:00:29 AM »

ive never seen anyone use it for commercial cutting but i have a shit load of energy but i want it to cut n be able to cut tall grass

Want to burn energy cutting tall grass?  Scythe for the win  8)

(Bodybuilding related as it works your core / inters / etc.)

T

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2016, 11:34:32 AM »

I grew up in the suburbs, but once I left home I chose to live in urban areas.

Lots of empty areas, but that's the thing: they're empty.  The vast majority of the the US and of the world lives in urban areas.  

Half the population of the US lives in the yellow area, half in the black.

same for the world

right click for bigger pics

Here is the article those come from: http://metrocosm.com/world-population-split-in-half-map/

I may live in a bubble, but so do you.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2016, 11:39:49 AM »
I grew up in the suburbs, but once I left home I chose to live in urban areas.

Lots of empty areas, but that's the thing: they're empty.  The vast majority of the the US and of the world lives in urban areas.  

Half the population of the US lives in the yellow area, half in the black.

same for the world

right click for bigger pics

Here is the article those come from: http://metrocosm.com/world-population-split-in-half-map/

I may live in a bubble, but so do you.

Lmao..so we will break our backs for the "transgenders" and "agenders" and whatever the fuck else, but people living in the rural areas can go fuck themselves.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2016, 11:58:23 AM »
Lmao..so we will break our backs for the "transgenders" and "agenders" and whatever the fuck else, but people living in the rural areas can go fuck themselves.

I'm not trying to take away your rights.  Waiting periods and magazine limits are not undue burdens, nor is mental health screenings.

As I said, I may live in a bubble, but so do you.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2016, 12:03:05 PM »
I'm not trying to take away your rights.  Waiting periods and magazine limits are not undue burdens, nor is mental health screenings.

We're unwilling to fall down any slippery slope you may invent.  We know what you're up to and we don't appreciate it.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2016, 12:12:32 PM »
We're unwilling to fall down any slippery slope you may invent.  We know what you're up to and we don't appreciate it.

Should the following people be allowed to buy guns and ammo ?

- people who have been diagnosed as bipolar or schizophrenic

- people who have been arrested but not charged or charged but not convicted of domestic violence

- people who have restraining orders against them

- people who have been convicted of a non-violent felony, but have served their time

- people who have been convicted of a violent felony, but have served their time

BTW, why did this thread vier off into gun control?  Can't we go back to talking about climate change???  In the map of the world above, see all those people living in Bangladesh? (north east corner of India).  That's a big river delta that is expected to be wiped out by sea level changes.  All those people will need to find a new place to live.  Same with south east Florida.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2016, 12:25:26 PM »

- people who have been arrested but not charged or charged but not convicted of domestic violence

- people who have been convicted of a non-violent felony, but have served their time

- people who have been convicted of a violent felony, but have served their time

BTW, why did this thread vier off into gun control?  Can't we go back to talking about climate change???  In the map of the world above, see all those people living in Bangladesh? (north east corner of India).  That's a big river delta that is expected to be wiped out by sea level changes.  All those people will need to find a new place to live.  Same with south east Florida.

I'm fine with requiring electric lawn tools in certain areas, yeah.  No problem.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2016, 12:43:15 PM »

The only way to solve the problem of climate change really is to incentivize not having children via extra tax breaks, rebates, monetary compensation, etc...  Its a people problem not a leaf blower problem.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2016, 12:58:43 PM »
The only way to solve the problem of climate change really is to incentivize not having children via extra tax breaks, rebates, monetary compensation, etc...  Its a people problem not a leaf blower problem.

Exactly, man.  Ex-actly.

And I know for a fact that Tim won't disagree.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2016, 01:03:42 PM »
The blade (which I guess would be the wheel size) should be taller than the grass it's cutting for best results.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2016, 01:28:25 PM »

^^
I have an electric, works fine... never had any issue at all!

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2016, 02:19:25 PM »
The only way to solve the problem of climate change really is to incentivize not having children via extra tax breaks, rebates, monetary compensation, etc...  Its a people problem not a leaf blower problem.

We won't see the effects of reducing the birth rate for a hundred years.  We need to do something to prevent CO2 from reaching 450 ppm within 20 years.

Back to the goats, yes reducing methane from farm animals would help.  Changing the diet of the cows and adding probiotics would reduce methane emissions.  Eating pork or chicken instead of beef would help too. (Btw, cows burp more methane than they fart)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2016, 02:23:35 PM »

Just thinking of all the many, many, many problems this would minimize in just a couple decades, including the 'gun violence' all the goobs are so caught-up on, it's actually mind-boggling.  Why isn't this THE primary political concern?

???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2016, 02:48:32 PM »
We won't see the effects of reducing the birth rate for a hundred years.  We need to do something to prevent CO2 from reaching 450 ppm within 20 years.

Back to the goats, yes reducing methane from farm animals would help.  Changing the diet of the cows and adding probiotics would reduce methane emissions.  Eating pork or chicken instead of beef would help too. (Btw, cows burp more methane than they fart)

Have you ever even been near a farm in your life?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2016, 03:52:22 PM »

My wife said that exact same thing to her sister recently. Good one TA

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2016, 03:55:11 PM »
Get a new map chump, Bermuda is due east of NC. You probably didn't even know Dubai was in India.  ::)
My post was a goofy joke!
You can't  be that retarded , OMG :D

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2016, 05:28:57 PM »
Have you ever even been near a farm in your life?

yes, my grandfather grew up on a farm about an hour east of STL, and I visited my great-aunts and -uncles often.  Why do you ask?

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2016, 05:31:29 PM »
Get the best. SCAG.

http://www.scag.com/

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2016, 05:31:50 PM »
yes, my grandfather grew up on a farm about an hour east of STL, and I visited my great-aunts and -uncles often.  Why do you ask?
Because changing the diet is not feasible as cost per head of cattle would then be outrageous.  Not everyone is an effete whole foods shopper.  The cost will pass on to the consumer.

The real solution is lab grown meat as an alternative.  Again, you are behind the curve.