Author Topic: Raising the Bar 4: CHAPTER 4 - "One of the best days of my life." - BB doc  (Read 1136 times)

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!

Despite dealing with a broken heart, a seemingly re-invigorated Haley McNeff prepares for the Delaware State bodybuilding competition.

However, Haley is not only expecting to compete…she confesses she hopes that, despite being freshly broken up with Dave Pulcinella, he will make an appearance, and the tumultuous saga of their relationship continues.

After competing and winning two contests in a row, Haley is forced to yet again face the uncomfortable truths of her relationship with Dave all the while navigating the immense pressures of being a ‘glimmer of hope’ in the otherwise dying world of female bodybuilding.

In this episode, we also explore Haley’s life outside of bodybuilding, and how her physique affects other relationships, delving into a touching story of how Haley’s self-confidence inspires another to find his own and accept his true identity.

In episode 4, a long and arduous road of competing as a female bodybuilder begins to push Haley towards her most difficult decision of all…

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
lol at "documentary."
X

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
lol at "documentary."

Did you watch it or are you one of those "critics" who critique with no knowledge of the piece?

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
I actually like it! I'm a fan of Dave's, he seems like such a cool guy and fun to be around.
Mike is good at what he does, and has a good voice-over voice.
RTB series are probably one of the better or the best bodybuilding docs I've seen. Way better than the first Under Construction. That was a cringe-fest. I didn't see the second one because the first one was just that awful. Generation Iron was a good movie in theory, but the people it featured had the personality of a wet dishrag. RTB follows people who actually have personality and can speak well on camera. Can't wait for the rest of the chapters to go up!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
They seem a nice couple, are they back together?

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV

No, Dave got married to someone else recently. I forget her name, but they talked about her a lot on The First Callout podcast.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
No, Dave got married to someone else recently. I forget her name, but they talked about her a lot on The First Callout podcast.

Thanks for the update, where I can find this podcast?

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
Thanks for the update, where I can find this podcast?

Project Bodybuilding

They no longer make new episodes, but the shows that they've done are hilarious!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Project Bodybuilding

They no longer make new episodes, but the shows that they've done are hilarious!

Ah thanks. You're right, haven't seen many updates from their YT channel lately. They make nice podcasts/interviews, only a bit too long winded, over an hour sometimes..

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
"Raising the bar" was way back then... like 1920 or so.
Still jacked after all those 96 years.  :D

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!

Unfortunately they do not get back together.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Project Bodybuilding

Episode 10 is the one where Hayley and Dave talk about trying an open relationship...among other things.