Author Topic: Liberal bias in the media  (Read 853 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Liberal bias in the media
« on: July 26, 2016, 01:20:43 PM »
It's appalling how much liberal bias is in the media. You can't take them seriously anymore, journalistic integrity is gone. CNN, msnbc and Yahoo should be ashamed of themselves. They don't even try to hide it.  :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Liberal bias in the media
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 02:06:08 PM »
each of these channels is a for-profit company with shareholders, stockholders, and a board. 

they chat about whatever is popular from whatever viewpoint fits their agenda for more ratings as well as other motives.

I don't get upset when VH1 tells me AC/DC is the greatest band ever, as they are obviously not.  I don't get upset when they push their pro-AC/DC agenda... I know many of their viewers do like this boring, predictable band over geniuses like Aerosmith, who continually gets the VH1 shaft.

Unless you're talking about this belief the media isn't just another channel on tv.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 02:08:04 PM »
each of these channels is a for-profit company with shareholders, stockholders, and a board. 

they chat about whatever is popular from whatever viewpoint fits their agenda for more ratings as well as other motives.

I don't get upset when VH1 tells me AC/DC is the greatest band ever, as they are obviously not.  I don't get upset when they push their pro-AC/DC agenda... I know many of their viewers do like this boring, predictable band over geniuses like Aerosmith, who continually gets the VH1 shaft.

Unless you're talking about this belief the media isn't just another channel on tv.

Yes I thought media was held to a different standard. I thought journalism had some type of code of ethics to investigate and report objectively. Maybe I was wrong.

James

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 02:18:33 PM »

liberal apologist to the rescue once again  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 02:33:33 PM »
It's appalling how much liberal bias is in the media. You can't take them seriously anymore, journalistic integrity is gone. CNN, msnbc and Yahoo should be ashamed of themselves. They don't even try to hide it.  :-\

No doubt.  Been posting articles about it for years.  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=401076.0

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 02:33:52 PM »
liberal apologist to the rescue once again  ::)

Never fails.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 02:40:42 PM »
Yes I thought media was held to a different standard. I thought journalism had some type of code of ethics to investigate and report objectively. Maybe I was wrong.

so you're making the assumption that "journalism" = the tv channels we watch?

these channels employ some journalists, but they also employ all sorts of political and corporate shills.  They have their own agendas.  White houses ship daily marching orders to these stations at times.

This is where people get so upset - they believe there's a magical directive on the wall someplace that says "privately owned tv studios that talk about current events must employ journalistic standards & integrity".

I accept fox, cnn, msn for what they are:  current events entertainment stations, strongly influenced by political & corporate interests.    To believe otherwise is to live in some past mythical paradise that I'm not sure ever existed for journalism.  I suspect the earliest writers would shave details/slant info for a few bucks too.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 03:17:07 PM »
so you're making the assumption that "journalism" = the tv channels we watch?

these channels employ some journalists, but they also employ all sorts of political and corporate shills.  They have their own agendas.  White houses ship daily marching orders to these stations at times.

This is where people get so upset - they believe there's a magical directive on the wall someplace that says "privately owned tv studios that talk about current events must employ journalistic standards & integrity".

I accept fox, cnn, msn for what they are:  current events entertainment stations, strongly influenced by political & corporate interests.    To believe otherwise is to live in some past mythical paradise that I'm not sure ever existed for journalism.  I suspect the earliest writers would shave details/slant info for a few bucks too.

Yes, true.  But you can't deny they try to pretend exactly that.  Look at the vomit-inducing claims they make about their bullshit masquerading as news.  

Generally it shouldn't be a problem, though, if there are sufficiently numerous interests in legitimate competition.  It would take care of itself imo.  Having as many possible individuals and groups as media owners is best, to keep a sense of balance and accuracy (unlike what we have).  

The idea is to prevent a single interest from becoming "the" voice on any scale.  That's incredibly dangerous, but it is unfortunately similar to our situation.  No matter how you look at it, it is wrong.

Thing is, though, soon enough we'll be getting 100% of "TV" through the internet.  So you can be sure the effort is frantic behind the scenes to find a way to keep their 'corner of lies' as the strongest voice.  They certainly have the $$$.

And nothing stops the web from having hundreds of copycat sites spreading misinfo, anyway, as I believe is the case with the subject of 9/11.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 03:32:46 PM »
Lol, most dangerous thing in the world is to have a group of media owners in collusion.  But that's what we've allowed to exist.

The value in using information for mass manipulation, far exceeds the "advertising money" which is what's been claimed to be the attraction (to maintain an appearance of innocence).  That's why we should've practically placed someone with a shotgun over these shits running the media this whole time.  To keep them from getting too cozy with one another.

Only other way is to do everything imaginable to guarantee extreme and widespread diversity in ownership.  I don't know any other way.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 04:00:27 PM »
news doesn't equal journalism.

news = "shows put on by companies run by corporate interests & shareholders involving current events"

I think so many people are upset channels put a spin on it.   every channel puts a spin on everything.  CHoose any channel, I can find an example.  FoodTV showing some bullshit with ritz crackers and EZ cheese, you can bet they call it "the greatest snack ever" and you can bet those 2 products are sponsors.   nobody is mad that ritz & EZ cheese isn't the greatest food ever.   we know that's what networks do.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 04:37:09 PM »
news doesn't equal journalism.

news = "shows put on by companies run by corporate interests & shareholders involving current events"

I think so many people are upset channels put a spin on it.   every channel puts a spin on everything.  CHoose any channel, I can find an example.  FoodTV showing some bullshit with ritz crackers and EZ cheese, you can bet they call it "the greatest snack ever" and you can bet those 2 products are sponsors.   nobody is mad that ritz & EZ cheese isn't the greatest food ever.   we know that's what networks do.

True.  That's why you want many different parties countering one another.  It's the only way to hope to defend against imbalance and lies.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 04:39:55 PM »
And why do getbiggers who are liberal all but claim their liberal democrat status? None of you guys come out to support Killary but we all know you do.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 04:44:13 PM »
And why do getbiggers who are liberal all but claim their liberal democrat status? None of you guys come out to support Killary but we all know you do.

There are admitted supporters of hers on GB.

They get a bit testy when asked to explain.  But what could we expect from someone so shortsighted?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 04:44:48 PM »
True.  That's why you want many different parties countering one another.  It's the only way to hope to defend against imbalance and lies.

absolutely.  FOX called themselves "fair and balanced" but only idiots believe they're in the middle.

Rather, and bill oreilly admitted one night on his show about a decade ago, "We PROVIDE the balance to what is mostly a left wing field" - and he is 100% correct.   FOX swings far right to shit on the 75% liberal CNN, and the 95% liberal MSNBC.  (Of course, many getbiggers who never watch those channels will chime in with their own percentages, but I don't hate, it's what they do).

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 04:52:20 PM »
absolutely.  FOX called themselves "fair and balanced" but only idiots believe they're in the middle.

Rather, and bill oreilly admitted one night on his show about a decade ago, "We PROVIDE the balance to what is mostly a left wing field" - and he is 100% correct.   FOX swings far right to shit on the 75% liberal CNN, and the 95% liberal MSNBC.  (Of course, many getbiggers who never watch those channels will chime in with their own percentages, but I don't hate, it's what they do).

Lol, yes.  But keeping an eye on the things which involve money and the real story appears.

There are "two sides" alright.  But it's us on one side and the media owners and their people on the other.