Author Topic: Pence: Trump will tap justices to overturn abortion law  (Read 390 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Pence: Trump will tap justices to overturn abortion law
« on: July 28, 2016, 03:22:52 PM »
Source: Detroit News

Republican vice presidential candidate Mike Pence campaigned in socially conservative west Michigan Thursday, reassuring a crowd here that Donald Trump will appoint Supreme Court justices focused on overturning four decades of abortion rights rulings if he’s elected president.

The U.S. Supreme Court has four Republican-nominated justices and four Democrat-appointed justices since the death of conservative Justice Antonin Scalia in mid-February. In May, Trump released a list of 11 potential nominees, including a Michigan Supreme Court justice and a U.S. Court of Appeals judge from Michigan, whom he said reflect “constitutional principles I value.”

“If we appoint strict constructionists to the Supreme Court as Donald Trump intends to do, I believe we will see Roe v. Wade consigned to the ash heap of history where it belongs,” Pence said during a town hall-style event at the DeltaPlex in suburban Grand Rapids. . .

Read more: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/07/28/pence-trump-will-tap-justices-overturn-abortion-law/87678778/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Re: Pence: Trump will tap justices to overturn abortion law
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 03:42:15 PM »
Source: Detroit News

Republican vice presidential candidate Mike Pence campaigned in socially conservative west Michigan Thursday, reassuring a crowd here that Donald Trump will appoint Supreme Court justices focused on overturning four decades of abortion rights rulings if he’s elected president.

The U.S. Supreme Court has four Republican-nominated justices and four Democrat-appointed justices since the death of conservative Justice Antonin Scalia in mid-February. In May, Trump released a list of 11 potential nominees, including a Michigan Supreme Court justice and a U.S. Court of Appeals judge from Michigan, whom he said reflect “constitutional principles I value.”

If we appoint strict constructionists to the Supreme Court as Donald Trump intends to do, I believe we will see Roe v. Wade consigned to the ash heap of history where it belongs,” Pence said during a town hall-style event at the DeltaPlex in suburban Grand Rapids. . .

Read more: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/07/28/pence-trump-will-tap-justices-overturn-abortion-law/87678778/

Didn't Trump say he would appoint judges like Scalia? This is not quite like the legal philosophy that Scalia followed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 03:52:05 PM »
Didn't Trump say he would appoint judges like Scalia? This is not quite like the legal philosophy that Scalia followed.

Trump doesn't really understand the SCOTUS stuff.  He's great at pwning them in twitter wars tho.  To generation clickbait, that's all that matters.

Trump will be the ultimate puppet.  president Pence with Putin making Trump his MVP as Cold War II begins.   I pity the US president that has to stare down a Putin who was allowed to take over half the world on Trump's watch.

Trump = "Make Russia Strong Again".   Can't deny it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 03:57:33 PM »
get ready to pay tony

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 04:08:50 PM »
get ready to pay tony

lol.  he didn't want to do my bet.  He wanted to make it a greater/less wager.   that whole "you don't do ANY hilary bashing" went out the window quickly.

Trump is pathetic.  Gary Johnson sounds like a viable alternative more and more each day.  hilary sucks donkey balls, Trump is a joke, truly, and he'll let russia grow.