Author Topic: RIP: NPC Competitor Joanna Wilson Died In Vegas Prepping for USA!  (Read 51868 times)

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
Re: RIP: NPC Competitor Joanna Wilson Died In Vegas Prepping for USA!
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2016, 10:21:27 PM »
OSF, we were all once naive teenagers. I pretty much tried every muscle-tech product out there when I first started to lift.  :-X :-X

ha ha i almost did , but i fell for the e.a.s bs   there body4life challenge i bought there creatine , hmb. i actually beleived you could transform like that in 3 monthes !

would read duschaines articles.  i even bought that body opus book of his.     

even worst now they got kids  spending 200 to 300 a month on supplements its crazy

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2016, 10:28:40 PM »
Not like she was gonna write the next one, yeah?

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2016, 01:57:37 AM »
I find it odd that so many people find it perfectly normal to do this to themselves just to appease a fragile ego. She was not even old.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2016, 02:12:43 AM »
Aside from this death, isn't it interesting that almost no competitors ever speak on the behalf of many who have died in the activity?  Never have I seen/schmoed a show where there is a person who tries to get rid of drugs in the contest.  The organizers of the events, etc., supplement companies must laugh at many in the sport.  Sacrificing their health to line their pockets.
Someone in their prime makes little sense to make a change, but as someone is close to retiring...say Coleman/Cutler, whomever...never comes out about how shot the IFBB is and how extreme drug use is overlooked.
Actually...that wouldn't change anything...oops.
N

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2016, 02:27:16 AM »
Aside from this death, isn't it interesting that almost no competitors ever speak on the behalf of many who have died in the activity?  Never have I seen/schmoed a show where there is a person who tries to get rid of drugs in the contest.  The organizers of the events, etc., supplement companies must laugh at many in the sport.  Sacrificing their health to line their pockets.
Someone in their prime makes little sense to make a change, but as someone is close to retiring...say Coleman/Cutler, whomever...never comes out about how shot the IFBB is and how extreme drug use is overlooked.

u got a good point there croatch , the only pro i can think of that sort of talked about the fucked up shit they did before a show  was matarazzo but this was well after he retired and had a ton of heart problems.

Simple Simon

« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2016, 03:10:39 AM »
Not like she was gonna write the next one, yeah?

Only Beethoven can write the next one dumbo and hes dead.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2016, 03:25:47 AM »

There is only value in this pageantry at the extreme..

So it's impossible to remove the component that makes the wheels turn and the machine make money.

Steroids are the true fuel of bodybuilding industry.  You can't remove them.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2016, 04:44:30 AM »

You seriously think you can just pee out all the potassium from the use of contest prep diuretics???  You're a fucking moron if you believe that shit and don't give condolences with one gimmick account and talk shit with your other account  

Why do you always comment on things you know nothing about?

Diuretics like Lasix deplete potassium and potassium is usually supplemented with them. Potassium sparing diuretics like Dyazide can cause a buildup of potassium.
So yes, you can easily deplete your potassium.

You post pics of your 20% bodyfat ass to make some kind of point about diuretics? Seriously?

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2016, 06:38:08 AM »
I competed at shows...why wouldn't I know?  However, I never used any diuretics until my last show at the 2009 NGA Night of Champtions although I used herbal concoction of Dandelion Root and Uva Ursi along with drinking strong black coffee,  rather than that pharmaceutical shit.

To complete at the NPC National level, you have to use the pharms but for regional shows its not needed and you definitely can't use it for natural events.  However, these pictures prove that natural diuretics work fairly well.

BTW, found a old unpublished picture of me practicing my posing routine a few weeks before the event.  I have a few more and I may put them out soon

posting pix of yourself in a dead woman's tribute thread.

Stay classy Vince.

PIP to this woman. Real shame.

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2016, 06:57:46 AM »

u got a good point there croatch , the only pro i can think of that sort of talked about the fucked up shit they did before a show  was matarazzo but this was well after he retired and had a ton of heart problems.

Levrone said something in an interview with Bob Chic about not drinking water while taking diuretics and only taking some sauce backstage and how he looks back now and it was dangerous. Vic Martinz said on the same show Bodybuilders need to sell drugs to have enough money to compete  :o ::)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2016, 07:56:03 AM »
posting pix of yourself in a dead woman's tribute thread.

Stay classy Vince.

PIP to this woman. Real shame.

We weren't friends....in fact we had a confrontation at a bodybuilding event many years ago while we were standing in line to get in.  She was upset over some comments I said over at Muscle Mayhem.  I told her to piss off and get some Noxema for her acme.  We cleared the air some time later but I steered clear of her anyway.  But def a tragedy
A

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2016, 08:01:27 AM »
Any person that crosses Vince ends up dead or unemployed

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2016, 08:01:42 AM »
PIP

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2016, 08:27:38 AM »
Mr. Oldschoolfan,

What do you think fuels this crazy obsession (bodybuilding)?

In my experience there are several types that get obsessed

People with extremely low self esteem who want meaning and attention (especially with social media.)
People who have addictions. exercise and dieting are their supposed healthy addictions
People with eating disorders who can mask their eating disorders under bodybuilding 

I've rarely met truly confident people that were obsessed with bodybuilding.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2016, 08:31:09 AM »
Why do you always comment on things you know nothing about?

Diuretics like Lasix deplete potassium and potassium is usually supplemented with them. Potassium sparing diuretics like Dyazide can cause a buildup of potassium.
So yes, you can easily deplete your potassium.

You post pics of your 20% bodyfat ass to make some kind of point about diuretics? Seriously?

Yes, and that's the big danger of diuretics.  Either way it messes with potassium which is essential to all of your cells to live.  Too little or too much potassium and you're fucked.    I do know that athletes should prepare for both scenarios and to have a contest prep coach that has a medical or EMT background rather than your local juiceman hovering around your gym.    
A

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2016, 08:35:16 AM »

We weren't friends....in fact we had a confrontation at a bodybuilding event many years ago while we were standing in line to get in.  She was upset over some comments I said over at Muscle Mayhem.  I told her to piss off and get some Noxema for her acme.  We cleared the air some time later but I steered clear of her anyway.  But def a tragedy

Holy Shit !!!
The Vince G Curse is real !!!
First Onlyme (Keith Jones) then Derek Anthony and now this lady (Joanna Wilson)!!! :-X

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2016, 09:02:54 AM »
I never had to use diuretics when I competed. The reason being is never used anything that made me hold water. Never over carbed, and dieted strictly right up to the end.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2016, 09:05:50 AM »
Holy Shit !!!
First Onlyme (Keith Jones) then Derek Anthony and now this lady (Joanna Wilson)!!! :-X

horseshit

the only thing Melvin curses is his own fucking life

K

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2016, 09:11:19 AM »
Only Beethoven can write the next one dumbo and hes dead.

He wrote shitty St. Bernard screenplays?

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2016, 09:13:25 AM »
He wrote shitty St. Bernard screenplays?

That dog sure had some crazy adventures

Holy Shit !!!

They don't call him the homewrecker for nothing ya know. Soon to be funeral homewrecker

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2016, 09:32:10 AM »
Holy Shit !!!

Hardly the case...this happenned well over a decade ago in the era of vikingpower, goatboy, Massive G, Mower, McFarland etc.   I feel really bad for her family and I'm sorry she's passed away.  However, what really upsets me is these bullshit twitter condolences and then afterwards stepping right over her corpse and continuing on with the competition weekend without any fucking retrospect whatsoever.  The industry needs to get the priorities straight and stop this continued push for a physique that is simply not healthy in the short or long run.
A

Simple Simon

« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2016, 09:33:00 AM »

Hardly the case...this happenned well over a decade ago in the era of vikingpower, goatboy, Massive G, Mower, McFarland etc.   I feel really bad for her family and I'm sorry she's passed away.  However, what really upsets me is these bullshit twitter condolences and then afterwards stepping right over her corpse and continuing on with the competition weekend without any fucking retrospect whatsoever.  The industry needs to get the priorities straight and stop this continued push for a physique that is simply not healthy in the short or long run.

im glad you set the standards for not getting too ripped.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2016, 09:57:06 AM »

She ever take your advice on the acme?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2016, 09:59:32 AM »

Doing everything you can to make this thread about you.

Fucking brokeass retard.

Simple Simon

« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2016, 10:00:00 AM »
She ever take your advice on the acme?
If he told her to take something to dry out the skin then yes, maybe so.