Author Topic: why huge insulin dosages ?  (Read 4902 times)

herraisland

• Getbig III
why huge insulin dosages ?
« on: August 06, 2016, 07:47:50 AM »
why do people take huge insulin dosages ? I have been really much asking people around insulin experience... I have heard people taking 50iu of humalog before workout. I even heard about guy shooting 300iu of humalog, luckily he lived.. is more better ?

heenok

• Getbig IV
Re: why huge insulin dosages ?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 09:06:23 AM »
Insuline resistance. I think some guys get insanly insulin resistant from high doses of GH. Or their insulin resistance is fucked up from an other pathway idk. But the main thing is GH.

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 10:31:01 AM »
why do people take huge insulin dosages ? I have been really much asking people around insulin experience... I have heard people taking 50iu of humalog before workout. I even heard about guy shooting 300iu of humalog, luckily he lived.. is more better ?

If i were goin to use insulin i wouldnt fuck about with small doses for long,  gauge response to carbs etc then blast it for short periods, not more than three, four day of the week..

Probably combine lantus and humilin r to make dosing easier with 6 iu of gh on training days then go back to a very low carb, maintenence calorie if not a bit lower diet on the off days.

Depends on your goal though, gotta do freaky shit if you want to be a freak.

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 10:31:31 AM »
Insuline resistance. I think some guys get insanly insulin resistant from high doses of GH. Or their insulin resistance is fucked up from an other pathway idk. But the main thing is GH.

ah i get it... by time the body gets used to the certain dose. so you have to up the dose ? is that what u are talking about

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 10:33:31 AM »
If i were goin to use insulin i wouldnt fuck about with small doses for long,  gauge response to carbs etc then blast it for short periods, not more than three, four day of the week..

Probably combine lantus and humilin r to make dosing easier with 6 iu of gh on training days then go back to a very low carb, maintenence calorie if not a bit lower diet on the off days.

Depends on your goal though, gotta do freaky shit if you want to be a freak.

The highest i have gone was 48iu.. i posted a picture not long time ago. a bad quality photo me doing double bicep.. that was the last time i did insulin and i went up to 48iu pre workout.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 11:59:31 AM »
anything else than rapid acting insulin causes a drastic rise in insulin resistance within days.. chronic hyperinsulinemia --> insulin resistance
youre perfectly fine with once or twice a day rapid insulin use (i would only ever use it pre workout, best possible timing to get all the benefits imo)..
never used any more than 20iu though, my workouts would go to shit if i went higher (even with 250g carbs intra workout...)

abuse of GH does the same thing (insulin resistance through chronically high blood sugar and therefore insulin too), but medium/long acting insulin is the worst offender.
theres a study on lantus that showed heavy insulin resistance (not insensitivity... resistance.) within DAYS of using it... and the dosages werent huge either...

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 04:09:44 PM »
Is it just me or? I'm not homosexual but damm I find jizmo so sexý with all his knowledge. I'm srs

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 11:50:47 PM »
 ;D ;D
youre like my girlfriend, im still amazed she doesnt hate me for my smart ass comments all the time lol

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 02:15:24 AM »

The highest i have gone was 48iu.. i posted a picture not long time ago. a bad quality photo me doing double bicep.. that was the last time i did insulin and i went up to 48iu pre workout.

48 iu of fast acting in one go?, surely not? Lol

I was thinking more like 60iu of lantus split into 2 shots and around 12 of humilin r on top pre or post workout.

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 02:18:08 AM »
anything else than rapid acting insulin causes a drastic rise in insulin resistance within days.. chronic hyperinsulinemia --> insulin resistance
youre perfectly fine with once or twice a day rapid insulin use (i would only ever use it pre workout, best possible timing to get all the benefits imo)..
never used any more than 20iu though, my workouts would go to shit if i went higher (even with 250g carbs intra workout...)

abuse of GH does the same thing (insulin resistance through chronically high blood sugar and therefore insulin too), but medium/long acting insulin is the worst offender.
theres a study on lantus that showed heavy insulin resistance (not insensitivity... resistance.) within DAYS of using it... and the dosages werent huge either...

You'd probably need to consider metformin and it couldnt be an everyday thing, well it could....but

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 06:12:41 AM »
48 iu of fast acting in one go?, surely not? Lol

I was thinking more like 60iu of lantus split into 2 shots and around 12 of humilin r on top pre or post workout.

48iu of HUMALOG yes. my pancreas are prolly fucked up

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 07:21:02 AM »
Your pancreas is fine...Its so short acting it won't hurt a thing...

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 01:45:45 PM »
Your pancreas is fine...Its so short acting it won't hurt a thing...
the fact that he can use 48iu in one go and then work out on top of it without dying within half an hour is proof enough that something must be severely fucked up lol

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 12:29:19 AM »
the fact that he can use 48iu in one go and then work out on top of it without dying within half an hour is proof enough that something must be severely fucked up lol

Liver storage of epic proportion

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 01:59:50 AM »
Liver storage of epic proportion
must have a liver of proportions like mickey rourke  ;D

CT35

• Getbig I
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2016, 08:40:10 AM »
The insulin resistance element is of course worthy of consideration. But one other element is that higher doses of insulin might actually provide more muscle growth, independantly of nutrients uptake/storage by the muscles. The reason is that insulin (especially lantus) can greatly increase igf-1 levels, and it can do so by itself (without the concurrent use of GH).

That is actually a big debate in diabetes research: whether lantus is safe to use long term in diabetics because the igf-1 increase might increase the risk of cancer.

It is also possible that high doses of insulin might bind to the igf-1 receptors.

Because of the health risks and potential fat gain I do not recommend it, but its the main reason you will see pros use such big insulin doses, not only because huge GH doses and the constant use of insulin can increase insulin resistance (although it DOES also play a role).

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 04:53:08 PM »
The insulin resistance element is of course worthy of consideration. But one other element is that higher doses of insulin might actually provide more muscle growth, independantly of nutrients uptake/storage by the muscles. The reason is that insulin (especially lantus) can greatly increase igf-1 levels, and it can do so by itself (without the concurrent use of GH).

That is actually a big debate in diabetes research: whether lantus is safe to use long term in diabetics because the igf-1 increase might increase the risk of cancer.

It is also possible that high doses of insulin might bind to the igf-1 receptors.

Because of the health risks and potential fat gain I do not recommend it, but its the main reason you will see pros use such big insulin doses, not only because huge GH doses and the constant use of insulin can increase insulin resistance (although it DOES also play a role).

Interesting. Thanks for the comment