Author Topic: Trump: the implosion continues  (Read 47186 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Trump: the implosion continues
« Reply #200 on: October 22, 2016, 06:14:09 AM »
It's amazing how Trump can make all these fatal mistakes and yet still be winning in the most current poll.

You Libs keep projecting what you wish were happening but reality has never been your strong suit.

Trump Expands Lead Over Clinton To 2 Points – IBD/TIPP Poll | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

http://www.investors.com/politics/trump-ibdtipp-poll/

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #201 on: October 22, 2016, 06:15:58 AM »
So true. I dunno how they do it. 

<sniff>

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #202 on: October 22, 2016, 06:16:46 AM »
It's amazing how Trump can make all these fatal mistakes and yet still be winning in the most current poll.

You Libs keep projecting what you wish were happening but reality has never been your strong suit.

Trump Expands Lead Over Clinton To 2 Points – IBD/TIPP Poll | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

Who in the blue hell is IBD/TIPP? 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #203 on: October 22, 2016, 06:30:24 AM »
Guess ya never heard of Rasmussen either:

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch_oct21

Early results from their final debate are in, and Donald Trump remains barely ahead of Hillary Clinton in the White House Watch.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds Trump with a 43% to 41% lead over his Democratic rival. Five percent (5%) favor Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, while Green Party nominee Jill Stein earns three percent (3%) support. Another three percent (3%) like some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: October 22, 2016, 11:44:30 AM »

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: October 22, 2016, 11:47:47 AM »

Care to put your money where you mouth is?  I seem to recall that not so long ago, you argued that credit scores weren't going to "mean squat" in the future and would effectively disappear.  I suppose you still think that.  ::)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #206 on: October 22, 2016, 12:26:02 PM »
Care to put your money where you mouth is?  I seem to recall that not so long ago, you argued that credit scores weren't going to "mean squat" in the future and would effectively disappear.  I suppose you still think that.  ::)

That wasn't me. I've never had a strong opinion about the subject of credit scores.

With regard to the election, I see it as a close race and think it can go either way depending on how many people show up on Election Day. Conversely, the MSM has painted the race as a forgone conclusion. Every time Trump has had a misstep, it's been presented as the final straw. Meanwhile, two weeks out, several Polls have the race a draw.

My "feeling" is that Trump is gonna win as this race is starting to resemble a game in which one team has a lead but can't put the other team away, and the team that was losing ends up pulling it out.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: October 22, 2016, 01:16:03 PM »
That wasn't me. I've never had a strong opinion about the subject of credit scores.

With regard to the election, I see it as a close race and think it can go either way depending on how many people show up on Election Day. Conversely, the MSM has painted the race as a forgone conclusion. Every time Trump has had a misstep, it's been presented as the final straw. Meanwhile, two weeks out, several Polls have the race a draw.

My "feeling" is that Trump is gonna win as this race is starting to resemble a game in which one team has a lead but can't put the other team away, and the team that was losing ends up pulling it out.

At this point there is nothing Trump can do on his own to win...not enough time left.

IMO only a major bombshell (recorded) about Clinton can make the race tight.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #208 on: October 22, 2016, 01:37:34 PM »

Because everything will be free?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: October 22, 2016, 03:52:34 PM »

Credit scores were the primary determining factor for giving out sub-prime loans. How'd that work out?

Going forward, I think you're going to see your beloved credit scores not meaning squat.

It was you.  And there went your credibility.   :-X

FYI credit scores were not the determining factor for giving out sub-prime loans.  The problem loans went to people who did NOT have good (prime) credit, hence the term sub-prime.  Had loans been restricted to people with good/prime scores and not made interest only there would not have been a housing crisis. ::)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #210 on: October 22, 2016, 04:24:13 PM »
Yeah, you're right. My credibility is shot because I didn't remember a post on a bodybuilding forum from Eight Fucking Years Ago. Excuse me for not taking this place that fucking seriously.

You should be embarrassed that you did remember that.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: October 22, 2016, 07:03:25 PM »
Yeah, you're right. My credibility is shot because I didn't remember a post on a bodybuilding forum from Eight Fucking Years Ago. Excuse me for not taking this place that fucking seriously.

I am not embarrassed that you made a fool of yourself.  Here is a prescription for you: extract foot from mouth.  Lather. Rinse. Repeat.  ::)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: October 22, 2016, 07:12:27 PM »
Donald Trump, officially out of ideas, says he will sue his female accusers
By Aaron Blake

In Gettysburg, Pa., on Saturday, Donald Trump delivered what was billed by his campaign as a “groundbreaking contract with the American voter.”

It was nothing of the sort. In fact, these were the same ideas he's been spouting for weeks and months. About the only new and noteworthy things, in fact, were:

1. His threat to break up media companies.
    2. His promise to sue the women who have accused him of sexual assault and other misconduct — after the election.

“Every woman lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign,” Trump said. “Total fabrication. The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over.”

Yes, Donald Trump's big, new pitch to voters is that he's going to fight the media and sue people. Yuge.

Trump is losing by a sizable margin, which even he seems to recognize at this point. But instead of changing things up, he seems defeated and out of ideas when it comes to how to change his fortunes. As The Post's Jenna Johnson wrote Friday, Trump seems almost resigned to his fate, even musing about what a waste it would all have been if he loses.

His threat to sue the women who have accused him was the big news to come out of Saturday's rally. But as with many of his threats of litigation, it begs for a large dose of skepticism.

Trump also threatened to sue 10 days ago, when the New York Times broke a story about two Trump accusers. His campaign put out word that it was drafting a suit even that evening.

A lawsuit is being drafted now by Trump against the NYT. Very possible it could be announced tonight, though discussions ongoing.
    — Robert Costa (@costareports) October 13, 2016

Apparently those discussions are still “ongoing,” because Trump hasn't filed the suit. Even as the Times responded by puffing out its chest and essentially telling the campaign to bring it on, there is still no suit, 10 days later.

At the time, many reports were skeptical of the lawsuit threat — in large part because it would open up Trump himself to on-the-record questions about his sexual past.

There is also the fact that, as Reuters reported, Trump has repeatedly threatened to sue newspapers over the past three decades, but he hasn't actually filed suit since 1984 — a suit that was later dismissed. Trump's lawyer also suggested unrealized legal action could be coming when the New York Times reported in early October on Trump's previously secret 1995 tax return, which showed him claiming a $916 million loss that would allow him to avoid paying federal income taxes for years afterward.

All of which is reason to be even more skeptical of his newly-threatened lawsuit.

Another reason to be skeptical is that he's threatening to sue the women after the election. While the Times threat was immediate and the lawsuit was supposedly imminent, Trump isn't even bothering with saying he'll file these suits quickly, for some reason.

He waited 10 days from the first accusations to make this threat, and now he's saying he'll do it after the election — at a time that, if he welshes on his promise/threat again, few people will probably notice or even really care (assuming he has lost the presidency, of course).

The threat to break up media conglomerates is also new, but it's also actually sort of old. It's unites two long-standing planks of his campaign — populism and hating the media. But again, Trump has already served notice just how anti-media he is. Upping the rhetoric on that doesn't really bring any new voters into the fold. And, also, he's, um, not going to break up the media companies.

In the end, this is the same Trump we've seen since the primaries, running a campaign that appeals to the base and does nothing to expand from there. In recent weeks, while facing a torrent of unhelpful revelations, he has chosen to do the very same things that helped him win the GOP nomination but made him the most unpopular presidential nominee in the process.

And the “groundbreaking” proposals he's putting forward today come from the same tired, ineffective playbook that made him competitive but never really gave him a good chance to win.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: October 23, 2016, 05:38:15 AM »
Melania Trump takes a page from Hillary Clinton’s playbook
By Karen Tumulty

The last time the country heard from Melania Trump, she was discovered to have been channeling Michelle Obama, in a political convention speech that turned into a plagiarism controversy.

On Monday night, the glamorous, reclusive wife of the Republican presidential nominee went before a national television audience again — but this time her role model appeared to be Hillary Clinton.

Melania Trump did not actually utter the words “vast left-wing conspiracy,” of course. But her argument echoed one that the then-first lady used in the days after the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke.

Donald Trump, his wife told CNN’s Anderson Cooper, was not the perpetrator but the victim — of a television personality determined to “egg on” his guest to “say dirty and bad stuff,” of “the left-wing media,” and of a smear “all organized from the opposition.”

Until now, Melania Trump has declined to fulfill the mundane tasks of political wives, saying her duties to her young son are more important than the demand that a spouse go along for the ride to “humanize” a candidate.

“It was my decision not to be on the campaign trail,” the Slovenian native insisted in English so heavily accented that CNN posted subtitles on some versions of the interview. “I don’t listen [to] anybody about what to do, what to say, when to say it, when to do interviews. If it would be, for example, for my husband or the campaign, they will have me on the trail all the time.”

Now, however, Melania has found herself in a time-honored duty for a political wife when a sex scandal hits — cleanup. It falls to her because no one else can do it.

Sometimes, they perform the role mutely, standing dolefully at a husband’s side as he confesses and promises never to do anything like that again. I forgive him, the wife’s presence is supposed to say, so you should too.

Melania Trump made that declaration herself.

“Those words, they were offensive to me and they were inappropriate,” she told “Fox and Friends” host Ainsley Earhardt in a second interview, which aired Tuesday morning. “And he apologized to me. I accept his apology, and we are moving on.”

But the more serious charge is that Donald Trump actually engaged in the kind of sexual assault that he boasted about on the now-infamous leaked audio from 2005.

Though at least nine women have now come forward to say that they have been the victims of precisely that kind of behavior, his wife says his word is enough for her.

It is the tack that Lee Hart took, when her husband, Gary, the front-runner for the 1988 Democratic nomination, was discovered to have been on a yacht named “Monkey Business” with a woman who was not her: “When Gary says nothing happened, nothing happened.”

“I believe my husband. I believe my husband,” Melania Trump said. “This was all organized from the opposition and with the details that they go — did they ever — did they ever check the background of these women? They don’t have any facts.”

She added that, when she heard the language her husband used on the video, “I was surprised because that is not the man I know.”

If it is true that Melania had not seen that side of Donald, it reveals only that she has never tuned into his many interviews on Howard Stern’s radio show.

The timing of her interviews with Cooper and Fox News was inexplicable, given that it adds a few more news cycles to a story that had begun to die down and comes at a moment when his campaign strategists are desperate to change the subject.

The New York Times has reported that Melania had resisted entreaties by his aides and his children to do a joint interview with her husband shortly after the “Access Hollywood” tape became public, in hopes that it would put the campaign back on track, as the Clintons had by sitting down with “60 Minutes” when allegations of infidelity threatened to derail Bill Clinton’s 1992 bid for the White House.

Instead, Melania issued a written statement. And when the allegations of sexual assault began, her response was to threaten a lawsuit against a former People magazine reporter — not over the central allegation that Donald Trump had pinned her against a wall and kissed her, but over a peripheral point in the first-person account.

“She wrote in the same story about me that she saw me on Fifth Avenue, and I said to her, ‘Natasha, how come we don’t see you anymore?’ I was never friend with her. I would not recognize her,” Melania told Cooper. “That’s why I sent them the letter, because it discredited the story.”

On Tuesday, however, People posted a story in which it quoted six friends and co-workers of writer Natasha Stoynoff corroborating her story.

One of them, her college friend Lisa Herz, said she was present at the chance encounter, and that Stoynoff and Trump had “chatted in a friendly way.”

Even as she defends her husband, Melania Trump is willing to go only so far.

In a moment where the script would appear to call for her to share a little more about “the man I know,” Melania offered no personal glimpses of their lives. There was nothing more revealing than what one might hear in a campaign ad — outside, perhaps, her observation that she feels like she is living with two boys, not one.

“As I always said, as my husband said as well, for a successful businessman, entrepreneur, entertainer . . . achieving so much in his life, being in so many shows, so many tapes, it’s very hard to run for public office,” Melania Trump said on Fox.

“And he did this anyway,” she added. “He said, I want to help American people. I want to keep America safe. I want to bring back jobs, bring back economy, so our children, our futures will be the best way possible.”

“Strategically odd” is how Kathleen Hall Jamieson, a political communication expert at the University of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg Public Policy Center, described Melania Trump’s appearances.

“She is certifying the public person who is Donald Trump,” Jamieson said. “She’s not certifying her personal experience with him as an individual with the kind of stories you would ordinarily expect the defending spouse to be telling.”

But maybe that’s because Melania Trump agrees with Hillary Clinton on another point. “In a better world,” Clinton wrote in her White House memoir, “this sort of conversation between a husband and a wife would be no one’s business but their own.”

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: October 23, 2016, 09:43:03 AM »

Interesting but odd since most of the mainstream polls have HRC clearly ahead.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: October 23, 2016, 09:49:04 AM »
Guess ya never heard of Rasmussen either:

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch_oct21

Early results from their final debate are in, and Donald Trump remains barely ahead of Hillary Clinton in the White House Watch.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds Trump with a 43% to 41% lead over his Democratic rival. Five percent (5%) favor Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, while Green Party nominee Jill Stein earns three percent (3%) support. Another three percent (3%) like some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html

Notice that HRC has more than twice as many electoral votes than Trump. She's only 9 votes away from the win.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #216 on: October 23, 2016, 09:51:23 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html

Notice that HRC has more than twice as many electoral votes than Trump. She's only 9 votes away from the win.

Polls are BS until the day of the election....especially THIS election with all of the proven fraud going on.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: October 23, 2016, 09:52:04 AM »

Having a photographic memory is nothing to be embarrassed about.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: October 23, 2016, 09:56:12 AM »
Polls are BS until the day of the election....especially THIS election with all of the proven fraud going on.

Proven by who, Trump? Heck in the debates he can't even remember his own lies.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: October 23, 2016, 10:00:06 AM »
Have any of you voted yet? My ballot arrived in the mail on Thursday. I voted and mailed it in that same day. regardless of where you stand politically, be sure to vote. Otherwise, all you posts become just so much hot air....or worthless.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #220 on: October 23, 2016, 10:00:29 AM »
Proven by who, Trump? Heck in the debates he can't even remember his own lies.

This makes me wonder if you even keep up.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #221 on: October 23, 2016, 10:04:58 AM »
Have any of you voted yet? My ballot arrived in the mail on Thursday. I voted and mailed it in that same day. regardless of where you stand politically, be sure to vote. Otherwise, all you posts become just so much hot air....or worthless.

I vote the day of the election. You obviously vote blindly

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: October 23, 2016, 10:51:01 AM »

I vote the day of the election. You obviously vote blindly

How so? Anyway, I'll be headed home from Germany on November 8th. -Can't vote on the plane.  ;)

Oregon is a vote by mail state, however registered voters can wait in line at the polls, hoping to get in before 8:00 p.m. when they close.

Did you know that much of the military personnel vote using mail-in ballots? Their mail-in ballots are the first to go out.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #223 on: October 23, 2016, 12:03:51 PM »
How so? Anyway, I'll be headed home from Germany on November 8th. -Can't vote on the plane.  ;)

Oregon is a vote by mail state, however registered voters can wait in line at the polls, hoping to get in before 8:00 p.m. when they close.

Did you know that much of the military personnel vote using mail-in ballots? Their mail-in ballots are the first to go out.

When I meant that you vote blindly I wasn't referring to when your sent your ballot. I was referring to you calling Trump a liar probably because of what you've been hearing in Killarys speeches and debates and not even taking into consideration that 95% of the accusations against Trump were debunked. That's what I meant about your blind vote.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: October 23, 2016, 12:21:09 PM »
When I meant that you vote blindly I wasn't referring to when your sent your ballot. I was referring to you calling Trump a liar probably because of what you've been hearing in Killarys speeches and debates and not even talking into consideration that 95% of the accusations against Trump were debunked. That's what I meant about your blind vote.
It's useless explaining anything to that guy. He is out of the loop on pretty much every thread (not just political).