Author Topic: Trump: the implosion continues  (Read 47357 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Trump: the implosion continues
« Reply #300 on: August 24, 2018, 03:38:48 PM »
Funny you would have that opinion of Trump while supporting killary and obama. ::)

Yes it definitely is funny. I suspect the last laugh may be on you though.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #301 on: August 24, 2018, 05:58:37 PM »
Yes it definitely is funny. I suspect the last laugh may be on you though.
Maybe. Maybe not. I won't root for the failure of the country like you liberals though.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: August 25, 2018, 01:26:52 AM »
Maybe. Maybe not. I won't root for the failure of the country like you liberals though.

Who's rooting? I prefer being hopeful that all this will pass in due time, however it works out. Of course that would leave a lot of people with nothing to talk about.  ;)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: September 06, 2018, 04:44:55 PM »
I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration
I work for the president but like-minded colleagues and I have vowed to thwart parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

President Trump is facing a test to his presidency unlike any faced by a modern American leader.

It’s not just that the special counsel looms large. Or that the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership. Or even that his party might well lose the House to an opposition hellbent on his downfall.

The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

I would know. I am one of them.

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

Although he was elected as a Republican, the president shows little affinity for ideals long espoused by conservatives: free minds, free markets and free people. At best, he has invoked these ideals in scripted settings. At worst, he has attacked them outright.

In addition to his mass-marketing of the notion that the press is the “enemy of the people,” President Trump’s impulses are generally anti-trade and anti-democratic.

Don’t get me wrong. There are bright spots that the near-ceaseless negative coverage of the administration fails to capture: effective deregulation, historic tax reform, a more robust military and more.

But these successes have come despite — not because of — the president’s leadership style, which is impetuous, adversarial, petty and ineffective.

From the White House to executive branch departments and agencies, senior officials will privately admit their daily disbelief at the commander in chief’s comments and actions. Most are working to insulate their operations from his whims.

Meetings with him veer off topic and off the rails, he engages in repetitive rants, and his impulsiveness results in half-baked, ill-informed and occasionally reckless decisions that have to be walked back.

“There is literally no telling whether he might change his mind from one minute to the next,” a top official complained to me recently, exasperated by an Oval Office meeting at which the president flip-flopped on a major policy decision he’d made only a week earlier.

The erratic behavior would be more concerning if it weren’t for unsung heroes in and around the White House. Some of his aides have been cast as villains by the media. But in private, they have gone to great lengths to keep bad decisions contained to the West Wing, though they are clearly not always successful.

It may be cold comfort in this chaotic era, but Americans should know that there are adults in the room. We fully recognize what is happening. And we are trying to do what’s right even when Donald Trump won’t.

The result is a two-track presidency.

Take foreign policy: In public and in private, President Trump shows a preference for autocrats and dictators, such as President Vladimir Putin of Russia and North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, and displays little genuine appreciation for the ties that bind us to allied, like-minded nations.

Astute observers have noted, though, that the rest of the administration is operating on another track, one where countries like Russia are called out for meddling and punished accordingly, and where allies around the world are engaged as peers rather than ridiculed as rivals.

On Russia, for instance, the president was reluctant to expel so many of Mr. Putin’s spies as punishment for the poisoning of a former Russian spy in Britain. He complained for weeks about senior staff members letting him get boxed into further confrontation with Russia, and he expressed frustration that the United States continued to impose sanctions on the country for its malign behavior. But his national security team knew better — such actions had to be taken, to hold Moscow accountable.

This isn’t the work of the so-called deep state. It’s the work of the steady state.

Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis. So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over.

The bigger concern is not what Mr. Trump has done to the presidency but rather what we as a nation have allowed him to do to us. We have sunk low with him and allowed our discourse to be stripped of civility.

Senator John McCain put it best in his farewell letter. All Americans should heed his words and break free of the tribalism trap, with the high aim of uniting through our shared values and love of this great nation.

The Times is taking the rare step of publishing an anonymous Op-Ed essay. We have done so at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us and whose job would be jeopardized by its disclosure. We believe publishing this essay anonymously is the only way to deliver an important perspective to our readers. We invite you to submit a question about the essay or our vetting process here...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #304 on: September 06, 2018, 05:09:46 PM »
Am I the only one that’s heard that there’s a grand jury investigation into Rosenstein and the FISA applications? Or that Trump is finally going to release the redacted FISA report.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #305 on: September 06, 2018, 08:58:58 PM »
I don’t particularly like Trump as a person or as a President, but if what Woodward’s book and the anonymous editor allege are true, these officials are basically staging a coup. That’s just wrong and it should scare us all.

If cabinet officials believe the President isn’t fit to serve, they should invoke the 25th Amendment and let things take their Constitutionally mandated course. They shouldn’t hide documents from the President or work against him as part of some “steady State”. We have a Republic with officials which we elect to lead.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #306 on: September 07, 2018, 07:11:49 AM »
To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

LOL...maybe Trump is behind this to set up the stage to execute some plan of his, all while trolling the media and the left at the same time.  You know, kinda like Rachel Maddow's not-so-big reveal of Trump's tax returns.   ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: September 07, 2018, 01:09:50 PM »
Am I the only one that’s heard that there’s a grand jury investigation into Rosenstein and the FISA applications? Or that Trump is finally going to release the redacted FISA report.

"The Deputy Attorney General is allegedly under investigation for a number of violations related to FISA warrants. As such, he may not be able to use FISA warrants currently."

"Rumors abound that Rosenstein is in for serious issues, and this may just be the tip of the iceberg." https://conservativedailypost.com/tag/joe-digenova/

"Former U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Joe diGenova blasted the Mueller probe..." insider.foxnews.com/tag/joe-digenova

"Is an investigation" is a far cry from allegedly and rumors.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: September 07, 2018, 01:11:21 PM »
LOL...maybe Trump is behind this to set up the stage to execute some plan of his, all while trolling the media and the left at the same time.  You know, kinda like Rachel Maddow's not-so-big reveal of Trump's tax returns.   ;D

This is a real possibility, IMO.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: September 07, 2018, 02:43:06 PM »
This is a real possibility, IMO.

Except that nothing Trump has done indicates he has the ability to do anything but react on his emotions at the time. To hope he is this mastermind troll who only pretends to be semi illiterate and hardly capable of putting a coherent sentence together is just like you said, rooting for an underdog. He really is as dumb as he seems

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #310 on: September 07, 2018, 02:51:47 PM »
Except that nothing Trump has done indicates he has the ability to do anything but react on his emotions at the time. To hope he is this mastermind troll who only pretends to be semi illiterate and hardly capable of putting a coherent sentence together is just like you said, rooting for an underdog. He really is as dumb as he seems

For someone you say is so dumb
He’s doing quite well I’d say....
Very Wealthy
Famous
POTUS
And seems to be Happy enough
Plus He winds a lot of Lilly Livered Yogurt Knitting Liberal Leftist up & ruins their days.

Keep going Donald.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: September 07, 2018, 02:54:30 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-analyst-goes-off-075409063.html

Stoddard also disputed the op-ed’s claim that “the root of the problem is the president’s amorality.”

“It’s not his amorality, it’s his temperament. He’s impulsive and erratic. He changes his mind quickly. He lies frequently. He’s not judicious. And he’s not measured. And he doesn’t have the temperament for the hardest job on the planet.”

Stoddard said that’s the main concern of those around the president.

“It’s not that he’s amoral,” she continued. “It’s that the way that he conducts himself as commander-in-chief makes everyone scared and that’s why they’re thwarting his agenda.”

Spot on

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: September 07, 2018, 02:58:03 PM »
For someone you say is so dumb
He’s doing quite well I’d say....
Very Wealthy
Famous
POTUS
And seems to be Happy enough
Plus He winds a lot of Lilly Livered Yogurt Knitting Liberal Leftist up & ruins their days.

Keep going Donald.

He is doing quite well. Having been born into wealth and inheriting a construction company that was well established certainly didn't hurt. However, he is out of his comfort zone and how he survived in private business doesn't apply well to his current job.

"The Peter principle is a concept in management developed by Laurence J. Peter, which observes that people in a hierarchy tend to rise to their "level of incompetence". In other words, employees are promoted based on their success in previous jobs until they reach a level at which they are no longer competent, as skills in one job do not necessarily translate to another."

I've observed it many times in my career, I believe I am observing it now.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: September 07, 2018, 03:03:07 PM »
He is doing quite well.

“He is doing quite well”

Was all you needed to say after Calling him Dumb.
And answering my post.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: September 07, 2018, 03:04:06 PM »
“He is doing quite well”

Was all you needed to say after Calling him Dumb.
And answering my post.

In some regards, considering his disabilities, he is doing quite well. In others, he is faltering bigly.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: September 07, 2018, 03:10:15 PM »
In some regards, considering his disabilities, he is doing quite well. In others, he is faltering bigly.

I’m very glad you agree he’s doing well.

Can you even begin to imagine what would be happening now had Killary won
Likely America’s & the Worlds worst Nightmare.

Thankfully Donald Won.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: September 07, 2018, 03:17:03 PM »

Thankfully Donald Won.

:)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: September 19, 2018, 01:18:35 PM »

Thankfully Donald Won.

In your opinion, are you among the majority or one of the minority with regards to how your country feels about Trump? On a larger scale, where do most Europeans stand on the U.S. presidency?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: September 19, 2018, 02:25:19 PM »
In your opinion, are you among the majority or one of the minority with regards to how your country feels about Trump? On a larger scale, where do most Europeans stand on the U.S. presidency?

Amongst those I know the majority like trump & what he’s doing.
Overall though I’d say it’s probably like it is in the USA
It’s split.
The immigrant Muslim issue is getting bigger & bigger more people are getting
Annoyed & fed up with it.
The BBC is very Leftists biased & doesn’t report truthfully what’s going on in UK
Or In Europe.
Like in America even with the MSM pushing the Liberal Leftists Agenda the The Right Pro
White Man is ever getting more Supporters.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: September 19, 2018, 03:51:34 PM »
I don’t particularly like Trump as a person or as a President, but if what Woodward’s book and the anonymous editor allege are true, these officials are basically staging a coup. That’s just wrong and it should scare us all.

If cabinet officials believe the President isn’t fit to serve, they should invoke the 25th Amendment and let things take their Constitutionally mandated course. They shouldn’t hide documents from the President or work against him as part of some “steady State”. We have a Republic with officials which we elect to lead.

I agree. As much as I understand it.. it's not the right way to handle it

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: September 24, 2018, 03:06:54 PM »
Amongst those I know the majority like trump & what he’s doing.
Overall though I’d say it’s probably like it is in the USA
It’s split.
The immigrant Muslim issue is getting bigger & bigger more people are getting
Annoyed & fed up with it.
The BBC is very Leftists biased & doesn’t report truthfully what’s going on in UK
Or In Europe.
Like in America even with the MSM pushing the Liberal Leftists Agenda the The Right Pro
White Man is ever getting more Supporters.

-Couple of interesting web searches with regards to Muslims in Portland. There are approximately 7 Muslim community centers in the Portland Metro area. None of them near where I live.

I know this proves I live and insulated life. But it is not by design so much as it is just coincidence and economics. My wife and I moved to Portland over 50 years ago because we wanted to get away from intrusive family, be able to afford a house and in general, lead a quieter life. A lot has changed since we moved here.

Portland Is the Most Livable City in America — Except if You’re Muslim https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/04/08/portland-is-the-most-livable-city-in-america-except-if-youre-muslim/

How many Muslims do you know? https://pamplinmedia.com/fgnt/36-news/335256-215102-how-many-muslims-do-you-know

Most people don't know a Muslim. Mosque leader wants to change that, one shopper at a time https://www.oregonlive.com/washingtoncounty/index.ssf/2017/06/muslim_washington_square_mall.html

Religion in Portland, Oregon
29.6% of the people in Portland are religious:
- 0.9% are Baptist
- 0.7% are Episcopalian
- 7.9% are Catholic
- 2.0% are Lutheran
- 1.1% are Methodist
- 2.5% are Pentecostal
- 1.0% are Presbyterian
- 3.8% are LDS
- 9.2% are another Christian faith
- 0.1% are Jewish
- 0.1% are an eastern faith
- 0.0% affilitates with Islam

https://www.bestplaces.net/religion/city/oregon/portland

This was a horrible incident which happened not long ago.  

"We stand together here as one": Muslims in Portland thank community after deadly stabbing  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/muslims-thank-community-for-support-after-fatal-stabbing/