Author Topic: SummerSlam 2016 picks  (Read 3744 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
SummerSlam 2016 picks
« on: August 21, 2016, 05:19:27 PM »
I won't count Miz's retaining the IC title over Apollo Crews (even though I thought that'd be the outcome)

John Cena and AJ Styles get the curtain jerker match......I think Cena wins this one.

US Championship: Alexander Rusev (C) vs. Roman Reigns. Rusev retains.

WWE Tag Team Championship: New Day (C) vs. Gallows and Anderson - Without Big E, the size difference and win goes to Gallows and Anderson.

WWE Women's Championship: Sasha Banks (C) vs. Charlotte. No Dana Brooke, no problem. Banks retains.

WWE World Championship: Dean Ambrose (C) vs. Dolph Ziggler. Dean is on fire; Dolph goes down; Ambrose retains the belt.

WWE Universal Championship: Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor: NO matter which version of Balor shows up, Rollins will sneak his way to a win.

Six-woman tag: Naomi, Becky Lynch, and Carmella vs. Natalya, Alexa Bliss, and Eva Marie: Eva Marie has been suspended; so, Lord knows who will fill in the spot. I'll got with Naomi's team.

Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Jeri-KO. Something tells me Jeri-KO gets the nod.

Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton. UPSET SPECIAL!!! Orton!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: SummerSlam 2016 picks
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 05:38:32 PM »
Not off to a good start: Styles beat Cena.

Tag Team Titles are up next. Jon Stewart makes his return and decided to replace Big E as a member of New Day (complete with unicorn horn and Booty-Os shirt). He tried to do Big E's intro and failed miserably. The crowd did the work for him. Why do I smell another double-cross from Stewart?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 06:04:12 PM »
Technically, it's another pic for me. Gallows and Anderson won by DQ. Jon Stewart stalled after the Club hit the Magic Killer. Stewart was about to get ring-post-itis when Big E returned, beat up the Club and got Kingston and Woods disqualified.

Time for Ambrose and Ziggler (WWE World title). The fans are booing Ambrose and cheering for Ziggler. I don't get that one. I thought they were just happy that they took the strap off Reigns.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 06:31:03 PM »
Ambrose retains; next up: snack break.....ahem, the women's tag match. The only drama is who replaces the suspended Eva Marie.

SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!! It's Nikki Bella!! (huge pop for her return, even on a heel team). They did Eva Marie's entrance, claiming she was sick (of course, that's bogus).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 06:51:39 PM »
Bella's team wins. Now, it's Balor and Rollins for this Universal title. Balor is doing his "demon king" schtick. He looks as if someone threw Boogeyman, Sheamus, Goldust, and Booker T in a blender and ended up with him.

When you're dwarfed by Seth Rollins, you don't look like much a "demon king". But, thanks to Mysterio, NOBODY is too small to be world champion. They just said this title can only be won by pin or submission. This may end up being a draw or DQ/countout finish.

Edit - The match ends ONLY by pin or submission. Balor wins the Universal title

Now, it's the US title, Rusev and Reigns.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 07:47:31 PM »
I missed the US title match, thanks to somebody cutting the power to my TV and internet. Now, it's Lesnar and Orton.

Well that was boring, except for the RKO on the table. Lesnar beats Orton to a bloody pulp and the match gets stopped. Shane McMahon even got an F-5 for his trouble. Now how is RAW going to sell Finn Balor as Universal champion, when Lesnar is on the card.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 04:01:04 AM »
Just finished watching. Good show overall. Cena and Styles was great. Not sure if the Orton Lesnar fight ended as planned but it looks like Brock actually busted him open and it wasn't just blading.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 04:55:57 AM »
Orton looked like he was legitimately busted open. Didn't look like a blade job at all.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 10:07:05 AM »
Lineup was weird.....

Cena lower on the card, Lesnar/Orton last??

If you look at the gash in Orton's head...it is a zig zag....no way he bladed...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 10:45:27 AM »
Lineup was weird.....

Cena lower on the card, Lesnar/Orton last??

If you look at the gash in Orton's head...it is a zig zag....no way he bladed...
Cena is getting phased out slowly. He has not been himself the last two years constantly riddled with injuries. Question now is who is hungry enough with star power and drawing power to replace him given today's current product.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 05:35:13 PM »
Cena is getting phased out slowly. He has not been himself the last two years constantly riddled with injuries. Question now is who is hungry enough with star power and drawing power to replace him given today's current product.

I doubt it. Cena will probably go through a year-long struggle but somehow find himself back in the world title picture. By 'Mania, he may tie Flair's world title record.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 05:37:15 PM »
On another note, at least WWE FINALLY acknowledged that, while New Day is the longest reigning WWE tag team champions, the longest reigning champions in WWE history is Demolition (to whom Cole referred as the "World tag team champions").

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 12:56:42 PM »
Thank god Orton got massacred.  I can't stand him as a performer.  One dimensional.  Predictable.  Drama queen mentality.

The dude has been gone this whole time and comes back and gets a main event position?  Really?  He has been pushed to the moon over the years and just can't stay relevant or hold his spot. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 06:32:41 AM »
The Wrestling Observer reports that there was a big backstage altercation between Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho at the end of SummerSlam. The site says that according to multiple sources, Jericho came to the gorilla position at the end of the main event, in which Lesnar bloodied Randy Orton, and asked producer Michael Hayes if that was the planned finish.\

When Hayes didn’t respond, Jericho reportedly said “That’s bulls**t” just as Lesnar was returning backstage. Lesnar apparently misinterpreted the comment as referring to the match itself and according to two separate sources either called Jericho a “p**sy” or told him to shut up and mind his own business. The two went face to face and began to have words, during which Lesnar pushed Jericho with his fingers and Jericho responded by going forehead to forehead. One version of the story says that Lesnar pushed Jericho against the wall.

Either way, the two ended up tangled against the wall and Lesnar told Jericho to punch him or kiss him. Triple H jumped in at that point and broke things up, only to have them go at it again. Vince McMahon then got between them. Jericho was yelling about Lesnar and McMahon said it was all a work and to be professional.

Triple H told McMahon that Lesnar started the fight and Jericho was standing up for himself. Jericho got angry when he saw Orton’s condition, as he was concerned for his health. Orton assured Jericho that he knew what was planned.