Author Topic: Raising the Bar 4: CHAPTER 8 - "I was there because of you..."  (Read 2283 times)

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!

Chapter 8 Synopsis:

Gathering footage at the Arnold Classic with his “team” of girlfriend and brother for “Kai Greene: REDEMPTION”, proves to be even more engaging and challenging than Mike could have anticipated.

While Mike and Elle visit with athletes and cover the exhibitions, Dave is given a camera and sent out to gather footage of the expo.

It soon becomes clear that his skills as a cameraman leave much to be desired, but his thoughts while watching the athletes warming up backstage begin to reveal the depth of his feelings about missing out on a pro card.

During the shooting of his next project, “Rodney Roller: RAW”, Mike is struck by a startling realization: 40-year-old Rodney’s attempt at a pro-card clearly parallels Dave’s journey just three years prior, as documented in RTB3.

Will Rodney achieve what Dave was unable to?

The night of Rodney’s contest, Mike receives a desperate phone call from Jim Durney, Joe’s brother, and receives tragic news about his lifelong friend which prompts Mike to think yet again about the power of the camera and the use of story as means to change others’ lives.

With the help of MHP, Mike begins a series of short-films celebrating the achievements of individuals who have changed their lives through healthy diet and exercise.

It’s not long before these videos begin to attract the unwanted attention of a new breed of fitness trolls, and both Mike and Dave are confronted with possibly their most challenging adversary.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Raising the Bar 4: CHAPTER 8 - "I was there because of you..."
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 08:02:56 AM »

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 10:10:29 AM »
Nice work.
Haha, we have come long way since the only footage of pro bodybuilding was those Mitsuru Okabe films  ;D     All the honor and praise to Mitsuru but the improvement in quality of documenting has been drastic.

Cute girlfriend too  ;)

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 10:14:18 AM »
Garbage

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 11:19:43 AM »
Would never watch this.

Same here, couldn't even read past the first few lines of the write up

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 11:57:27 AM »
"I can't wait to watch the true story of a guy I've never heard of spending money he doesn't have to win a five dollar trophy for the right to pay $500/year for a 'pro card' that will never net him a red cent," said no person ever.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 05:12:10 PM »
Sooooo you guys don't like bodybuilding?? Then why are you here??

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Q

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 12:17:30 AM »
Same here, couldn't even read past the first few lines of the write up

This guy tries to make bodybuilding something deep and profound  :-\
X

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 08:07:12 AM »
This guy tries to make bodybuilding something deep and profound  :-\

Tries??? Not succeeds??  :'(

If you look at anything deeply enough you will find profundity. Proust did it with a cookie. Read "Remembrance of Things Past" to see what I'm talking about.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 08:40:50 AM »
Sooooo you guys don't like bodybuilding?? Then why are you here??

Lol getbig hasn't been about bodybuilding for a while now. Look at "bodybuilding related" G&O. 80% of the posts are about current events or something racist. I don't mind it, that's why I'm here. But I also like bodybuilding, so I frequent other forums for that. If I were making a movie about bodybuilding, getbig is the last place I'd advertise. But if I was making a Trump documentary, this is the first place I'd plug it on.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 05:58:20 PM »
Lol getbig hasn't been about bodybuilding for a while now. Look at "bodybuilding related" G&O. 80% of the posts are about current events or something racist. I don't mind it, that's why I'm here. But I also like bodybuilding, so I frequent other forums for that. If I were making a movie about bodybuilding, getbig is the last place I'd advertise. But if I was making a Trump documentary, this is the first place I'd plug it on.

LOL! Thanks for the info! Well since RTB4 has been criticized for not being enough about bodybuilding and bringing in other topics I think I'll leave it here anyway.