Author Topic: Piana is right saying amateur shows are bullshit waste of time  (Read 5323 times)

Beach Mode

It's all about getting truly huge,  not $5 trophies and blue stars

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Piana is right saying amateur shows are bullshit waste of time
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 10:22:03 PM »
It's because he never turned pro. He's pissed.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 10:23:42 PM »
Gimmicks 'gon gimm

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 11:03:31 PM »
Having watched the video, Piana is absolutely right about people whose goal is to turn pro. Why waste time at the lower body weights and amateur contests if the only way you could turn professional is to be considerably bigger. He said to concentrate on getting bigger until you get to where you think you need to be to compete as a pro.

He clearly stated that he didn't mean people who like to compete for the lifestyle/personal satisfaction, etc.

Having competed in cycling for years I watched my friends who went on to the pro ranks do the same thing- spend as little time as needed in the amateur ranks because it got them nowhere. As soon as they could turn professional and be competitive, they did.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 11:38:57 PM »
One show every years is not that bad. U get experience, selfconfidence, more realistic pictures of yourself onstage. Realistic goal for every year is a nice motivator and you will soon realise if u got what it takes or not.... Most dudes waiting for the mass and big show to long often lose motivation and never enter the stage. Winning smal shows give u motivation to keep moving forward...If u dont win small shows there is no meaning to continue...

And the mass and weight thing dosent say really much. Most guys trying to be big and heavy end up lik pigs on the stage. 90% blown up torso with relativly week density, not really muscular, just....big. Strange structure to smal arms...

Simple Simon

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 12:09:59 AM »
You can make way more money with your body than being a pro, in fact being an IFBB pro restricts your earning potential because they restrict your freedoms.

People don't turn pro to make money from contests.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 01:14:11 AM »
Aiming for a fitnessmodell look is the best goal in my opinion.

Most people trying to become bodybuilders look shit all their life. Very few people can handle it.

As soon as u start using the scale as a tool to measure musclesize its over...the scale dont know anything about proportion, smal waist, flow and nice aestetich physique... 

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 02:21:25 AM »
It's all about getting truly huge,  not $5 trophies and blue stars

Just like if you ask any amateurs, they say that Piana is bullshit and waste of time. I wonder why these internet imbeciles rise so much interest among people. Don't you guys see enough mentally ill bastards in real life? Do you really have to search from the internet to find words of wisdom of the mentally ill people? Really?  ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 02:28:54 AM »
Having watched the video, Piana is absolutely right about people whose goal is to turn pro. Why waste time at the lower body weights and amateur contests if the only way you could turn professional is to be considerably bigger. He said to concentrate on getting bigger until you get to where you think you need to be to compete as a pro.

He clearly stated that he didn't mean people who like to compete for the lifestyle/personal satisfaction, etc.

Having competed in cycling for years I watched my friends who went on to the pro ranks do the same thing- spend as little time as needed in the amateur ranks because it got them nowhere. As soon as they could turn professional and be competitive, they did.
Look at the Dex, he turned Pro as what a bantamweight, correct? Also, one of the main reasons why the pro ranks are terrible is because of the adding of the super heavy classes, where the people are not cut, as many don't have the genetics to compete.
Just look at Piana when he competed for instance, and who he competed against.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 02:30:35 AM »
I think it's more like, if you're not pretty close to winning a pro card early on, you're probably not going to do much in the pro ranks, anyway.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 02:38:20 AM »
For him yes , yes they were

Beach Mode

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 10:52:47 AM »
You can make way more money with your body than being a pro, in fact being an IFBB pro restricts your earning potential because they restrict your freedoms.

People don't turn pro to make money from contests.
no shit, sherlock

Those guys like Peter molnar are truly huge tho. Not like these homos on get big who compete with 17-18" arms

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 11:29:47 AM »
Look at the Dex, he turned Pro as what a bantamweight, correct? Also, one of the main reasons why the pro ranks are terrible is because of the adding of the super heavy classes, where the people are not cut, as many don't have the genetics to compete.
Just look at Piana when he competed for instance, and who he competed against.

Totally  agree about the super heavy class - full of guys who just don't have the detail or balance. Seems that the new Classic Physique division was created to address this.

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 11:48:49 AM »
He is wrong you need to do a show diet down get shredded and see what you look like, there are some big gym rats out there but when they diet down they realized that they are not as big as they thought.

Beach Mode

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 12:15:25 PM »
He is wrong you need to do a show diet down get shredded and see what you look like, there are some big gym rats out there but when they diet down they realized that they are not as big as they thought.
because they were not big enough  but fat and delusion al

Simple Simon

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 12:18:37 PM »
no shit, sherlock

Those guys like Peter molnar are truly huge tho. Not like these homos on get big who compete with 17-18" arms
Guy placed 3rd at The NABBA Universe last year, looks better on his own.

Beach Mode

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 12:20:21 PM »
Guy placed 3rd at The NABBA Universe last year, looks better on his own.
pics of studs who placed ahead
Not homo

Simple Simon

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 12:26:02 PM »
pics of studs who placed ahead
Not homo

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2016, 12:35:08 PM »
MOLNAR looks HUMONGOUS in the few photos I've seen of him and I understand that he is very popular in these world-wise BB Expos, so I have to assume that he is making big bucks.

Does anyone have any idea what the supp companies are paying the top notch bodybuilders such as James FLEX Lewis and other top pros?

I've heard that FLEX pulls in over $100,000 a year but I have no idea how accurate that figure is.

Anyone have accurate figures for todays top contendas?

When I was in the promotion business, you could figure paying $2,000 for a guest poser if the show required one. I think it was Mr Ferrigno who demanded $5,000 for Lou's appearance but we simply passed on that one.

A few calls to Uncle JOE got us a deal in which he'd pick up the tab if we put the IFBB logo on all advertising material.

That worked well and actually cost him nothing due to the fact that the guys who were under contract were obligated and they were always happy to do so.

If I recall correctly, those who had Weider contracts received about $45,000 a year tops .... but there are still people out there who may have more accurate info in that regards.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2016, 01:12:07 PM »
I agree,just start out with the Mr. Olympia................. ............IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beach Mode

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 01:18:45 PM »
I agree,just start out with the Mr. Olympia................. ............IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ramy started with the new York

What about you, IDIOT. ?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2016, 01:22:12 PM »
ramy started with the new York

What about you, IDIOT. ?
I`m sure Rami entered plenty of smaller shows in his early years asshole.

Beach Mode

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2016, 01:23:02 PM »
I`m sure Rami entered plenty of smaller shows in his early years asshole.
present the evidence ASSHOLE

Alfurinn

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 02:50:11 AM »
Most people find smaller to be more appealing to the eyes and other senses than big.
Most people who have never watched a bodybuilding show would feel repulsed by the huge bodybuilder thinking that his stomach could explode any moment.

If big attracts people and keeps the entire show going is mainly because it already has a very well established spectruum of people who love to see big.

Beach Mode

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2016, 02:59:56 AM »
Most people find smaller to be more appealing to the eyes and other senses than big.

thats not what yiur wife said