Author Topic: Kevin Levrone's actual motivation behind the comeback  (Read 3193 times)

epic_alien

Kevin Levrone's actual motivation behind the comeback
« on: August 24, 2016, 10:33:27 AM »
He wants to prove that the big bloated physiques of today are not what people want to see. He wants to show that his look is more appealing to most people out there who are into fitness and bodybuilding. He isn't trying to win the show, but rather win the current generation over and prove that the tide can and will change in regards to what is awarded on a bodybuilding stage.. The physique and classic physique categories are the future of bodybuilding and kevin wants to be the champion and leader of that. i think he wants to also parlay the support into business and supplement lines, that appeal to a fitness crowd and not just bodybuilding.

Its clear to anyone who knows anything about competing that he is not expecting to win. He is trying to prove a point and to  try and force  a change.

Rudee

• Getbig V
Re: Kevin Levrone's actual motivation behind the comeback
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 10:41:09 AM »
He's going to promote the living hell out of his supplement line, claiming it was his supplementation which allowed him to gain the mass he gained at his age.  And the sheep will fall for it and buy his products.

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 10:44:14 AM »
 Nothing to prove, Dexter and Shawn have no big bloated physiques and they will be placed ahead.
$

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 12:03:59 PM »
He has been asked to do the Olympia.
He must get paid decently no matter what his placing is going to be.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 12:12:16 PM »
LOL At the claim he's competing for the greater good of the sport. As if it wouldn't make more sense to push the classic physique winner via his supplement company.

He's working out so hard and passionately to save the sport he loves..... what a blow hard.

He may be aware that he won't win, but as was said he's got a monetary investment in himself as a competitor and product owner.

Get real bruh

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 02:41:19 PM »
JM begged him to make a comeback. All Levrone has to do is show up with good conditioning and a top 6 placing will be his reward. He will not win, his purpose is to serve as an example. IFBB doesn't like to change course abruptly and dethrone the reigning champ, so a deal was made: Cheath will announce his retirement after this year's Olympia and make way for a smaller, more aesthetically pleasing type.  

epic_alien

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 02:57:54 PM »
what he is doing is positive. regardless of where he will place, or even why he is doing it, its a good thing. He has a lot of guts doing what he is doing given his age and not having competed for a long time.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 03:13:53 PM »
what he is doing is positive. regardless of where he will place, or even why he is doing it, its a good thing. He has a lot of guts doing what he is doing given his age and not having competed for a long time.

It's cool he's competing but how is it "good"? What is he doing that is so brave that it requires guts?

He's doing a male beauty pageant after a long hiatus, if that's bravery than give Big Lenny and the Pisslord purple hearts. Or what was that Jocelyn dude that always showed up to shows.

I'm glad Kevin has made the Olympia interesting to the bodybuilding community and it's fans. But he's not some young dark horse unknown coming out of nowhere, hes a legend coming back for one last go.

It's not like big Louie coming back to destroy the Masters division.

He's Jordan playing for the Wizards.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 03:35:42 PM »
Levrone isn't interested in the Olympia, he's only competing to drum up attention for Phil. His ultimate goal is a rival organization and he's going to use the corruption of Phil winning as his platform for launching his new org. Phil and Levrone are working together on this, Levrone will probably get a nice cash settlement he can put towards his new org. Levrone is pandering to the lowest IQ sorts that believe he'll win and using them to push his agenda.  Vote for Phil!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 03:39:10 PM »
He's going to promote the living hell out of his supplement line, claiming it was his supplementation which allowed him to gain the mass he gained at his age.  And the sheep will fall for it and buy his products.

epic_alien

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 03:46:12 PM »
Levrone isn't interested in the Olympia, he's only competing to drum up attention for Phil. His ultimate goal is a rival organization and he's going to use the corruption of Phil winning as his platform for launching his new org. Phil and Levrone are working together on this, Levrone will probably get a nice cash settlement he can put towards his new org. Levrone is pandering to the lowest IQ sorts that believe he'll win and using them to push his agenda.  Vote for Phil!!

wow, thats some flat earth type shit right there.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 04:23:54 PM »
I wish Levrone good luck! I remember when he first came on the scene in 1992. Must be tough at his age to train balls out. Wonder what he does to keep the joints in check.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 04:28:00 PM »
Phil Heath just posted a video of in the gym doing front lateral raises , he reracked the weights turned around and the back just blew Levrone out of the Olympia even with a T-Shirt on

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 05:06:33 PM »
We have a winner.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 05:09:30 PM »

Stopped right there, cleared my history cookies and caches, restarted PC, did full PC scan, reinstalled windows and moved out of my country
Q

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 05:11:25 PM »
Stopped right there, cleared my history cookies and caches, restarted PC, did full PC scan, reinstalled windows and moved out of my country

Yeh

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 05:14:14 PM »
He wants to prove that the big bloated physiques of today are not what people want to see. He wants to show that his look is more appealing to most people out there who are into fitness and bodybuilding. He isn't trying to win the show, but rather win the current generation over and prove that the tide can and will change in regards to what is awarded on a bodybuilding stage.. The physique and classic physique categories are the future of bodybuilding and kevin wants to be the champion and leader of that. i think he wants to also parlay the support into business and supplement lines, that appeal to a fitness crowd and not just bodybuilding.

Its clear to anyone who knows anything about competing that he is not expecting to win. He is trying to prove a point and to  try and force  a change.

And I have nothing but respect for him wanting to do so. He came from the BEST era of bodybuilding EVER and he was one of if not THE BEST from that era. Bodybuilding has been a joke since Ronnie last competed.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 05:20:15 PM »
I wish Levrone good luck! I remember when he first came on the scene in 1992. Must be tough at his age to train balls out. Wonder what he does to keep the joints in check.

I've been a fan of his since 1991. Has been my favorite since then, along with Lou Ferrigno, Rory Leidelmeyer, and Bertil Fox.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2016, 05:23:46 PM »
And I have nothing but respect for him wanting to do so. He came from the BEST era of bodybuilding EVER and he was one of if not THE BEST from that era. Bodybuilding has been a joke since Ronnie last competed.

Levrone is one of the best but u think he is the best from his era?

My vote goes for 1993 flex wheeler and then 1999 Chris Cormier

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2016, 06:10:12 PM »
Levrone is one of the best but u think he is the best from his era?

My vote goes for 1993 flex wheeler and then 1999 Chris Cormier

I think that you are overlooking Mike Quinn at the 1992 WBF Championship

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 06:18:11 PM »
One major weakness for levrone is this

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2016, 08:17:51 PM »
He does not respect the current crop of pros and feels like he could take them on. I think he's somewhat delusional bc he's thinking 1996 vs 2016 in which he has a fair argument. He thinks that the sport is lackluster and he can bring back the excitement. His entering the show has made it more exciting.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 01:46:57 AM »
Maybe he just got nothing better to do...

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 03:43:27 AM »
If it's true that this is all just an orchestrated maneuver to heighten interest in the sport, then it would only make sense that they will have already agreed to give Phil the title one last time in return for his retirement. It's really the only way the sport can proceed, they need a Mr. O that has charisma or at least "mystique" (Dorian) or Phil's reign will be it's swan song. They fucked up when they passed up Kia for the diabetic wunder, Kia would have been both charismatic and provoking, albeit harder to "control" than vanilla Phil.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2016, 04:15:09 AM »
money is of course