Author Topic: Kevin Levrone 1999 British Grand Prix  (Read 3235 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Kevin Levrone 1999 British Grand Prix
« on: August 24, 2016, 11:17:53 PM »
I had to rewatch each video a few times to ensure they were from the same contest. I mean, I know the camera angles may be different in each video and the 2 different cameras may have different quality, but hell, he looks drastically different in each video. Do camera angle and lighting really make that much of a difference? These were screen shots of the video so they were not dockered.  It looks like night and day. ??? ??? He looks significantly better in the pictures on the left.

Youtube videos

X

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
Re: Kevin Levrone 1999 British Grand Prix
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 11:39:22 PM »
Pretty brutal Ceaser hair cut. That isn't the camera or angle, unfortunately.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 11:41:49 PM »
Pretty brutal Ceaser hair cut. That isn't the camera or angle, unfortunately.

Hope he shaves it for the Mr. O.

Why is there such a drastic difference in videos? Same contest. I assume its the quality of the video? If so, its crazy how it could make a bodybuilder look drastically different.  ??? ??? ??? Maybe that is why Phil keeps winning.  ??? ???
X

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 12:02:31 AM »
Hope he shaves it for the Mr. O.

Why is there such a drastic difference in videos? Same contest. I assume its the quality of the video? If so, its crazy how it could make a bodybuilder look drastically different.  ??? ??? ??? Maybe that is why Phil keeps winning.  ??? ???

He's been shaven for years now. He looked badass in 1997/1998. To answer your question, what's making the difference in the pics is the light which is resulting in shadows that are outlining certain parts of him.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 12:05:39 AM »
He's been shaven for years now. He looked badass in 1997/1998. To answer your question, what's making the difference in the pics is the light which is resulting in shadows that are outlining certain parts of him.

Seems like someone needs to get in contact with the individuals responsible for this years lighting at the Mr. O. Perhaps find some way for Phil to have bad lighting.
X

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 12:21:34 AM »
Seems like someone needs to get in contact with the individuals responsible for this years lighting at the Mr. O. Perhaps find some way for Phil to have bad lighting.

Hater#

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 03:59:23 AM »
I had to rewatch each video a few times to ensure they were from the same contest. I mean, I know the camera angles may be different in each video and the 2 different cameras may have different quality, but hell, he looks drastically different in each video. Do camera angle and lighting really make that much of a difference? These were screen shots of the video so they were not dockered.  It looks like night and day. ??? ??? He looks significantly better in the pictures on the left.

Say it isn't so? Hulkster posted dozens of pics from this contest and professed it was Ronnie's BESTEST EVER when the more rational people told him it was just good lighting he fiercely defended his ignorance lol

Great lighting at this show , complimented the physiques very well.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 05:15:01 AM »
This was THE best English Grand Prix. They had Levrone, Flex and Vince Taylor do a seminar on stage in the afternoon before the show and it was awesome. Vince cracking all up saying that he drank full fat coke and a little wine right up to showtime! Kev couldn't believe that.

These guys looked like the best 3 physiques in history on this day. Haven't seen a line up as good before or since!

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 07:54:54 AM »
Why is there such a drastic difference in videos?

They probably increased contrast and applied sharpening filter

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 12:22:34 PM »
They probably increased contrast and applied sharpening filter
When I post shirtless pictures on instagram I use the synthol filter.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 01:46:46 PM »
Say it isn't so? Hulkster posted dozens of pics from this contest and professed it was Ronnie's BESTEST EVER when the more rational people told him it was just good lighting he fiercely defended his ignorance lol

Great lighting at this show , complimented the physiques very well.

ND, do we need to resurrect the old Dorian vs. Ronnie thread now that we have stumbled upon new evidence?
X

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 04:07:11 PM »
Different cameras record at different quality. Plus lighting and angle make huge differences. Then there is the processing (contrast, brightness, etc) of the actual footage being done when it is copied over to Video and DVD.

For example, here are 3 different versions of Dorian from the same contest 1995 Mr. Olympia. The 1st one is from a Video, and the 2nd and 3rd pics are from two different DVD's. Big quality difference in all 3. Dorian is Brown, Yellow and Red. Just go with the more realistic one in my opinion. The same goes for Ronnie lol.