Author Topic: Manion Postpones Interview on Bodybuilding Weekly  (Read 8030 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: Manion Postpones Interview on Bodybuilding Weekly
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006, 05:01:05 AM »
I know this thread is not about Bob, so please excuse me as I go offtopic... I like Bob. He amuses me. Whether you like the guy or not, you can't really say that he does not have personality.

We complain about it is a 'double standard' for pros...they all want there ass kissed etc. It does seem like there is a double standard to me - but againest them. People want to post up all sorts of rude crap, but then when Bob responds back rudely he is accused of 'unprofessionalism'. Most people around here are rude, why can't Bob be?

At least he speaks his mind, adds interest to the board, and is not just here to spam the board like the majority of pros that pop in.

Flame on 8)

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2006, 09:18:46 AM »
Chick slipped Manion an advance copy of the "tough" questions, and then all of sudden we have a "unfortunate flu"...

who would have thought Demillia had this much power..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 09:31:12 AM »
Chick slipped Manion an advance copy of the "tough" questions, and then all of sudden we have a "unfortunate flu"...

who would have thought Demillia had this much power..

LOL... now the mods are DELETING THAT QUESTION LIST!

hahahaha...

LifterChick

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2006, 09:57:38 AM »
Well, nice to know you consider yourself a good rep.
Actually, should be others (possibly not your counterpart) to say it, but it's a detail.
I'm more than glad to know your father and mother are fine.
My question was different and was about your daddy.
I'll try to explain it to you next time we meet, if you won't be to busy with your rep commitment.

Insider Z

I'll say it...
Bob is a great rep!  You rip on him about what he doesn't do and forget about what he has done.  My question to you Insider Z is this;

You preach that Wayne DeMilia is God but he was "the man" of the IFBB, all these problem didn't occur after he left they were being brought up whe he was running the show.  Who punished Gary Strydom and the others for jumping to the WBF?.  Now before you say that Wayne DeMilia was only following orders and had no real power, I say he had 1000 times the capability to make changes like Bob has done and he did NOTHING.  He didn't care to and didn't even try.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2006, 10:35:22 AM »
I'll say it...
Bob is a great rep!  You rip on him about what he doesn't do and forget about what he has done.  My question to you Insider Z is this;

You preach that Wayne DeMilia is God but he was "the man" of the IFBB, all these problem didn't occur after he left they were being brought up whe he was running the show.  Who punished Gary Strydom and the others for jumping to the WBF?.  Now before you say that Wayne DeMilia was only following orders and had no real power, I say he had 1000 times the capability to make changes like Bob has done and he did NOTHING.  He didn't care to and didn't even try.

Yes I think we rag on Bob to much about what he hasn't done.  So lets here what he has done.  And please do not bring up the useless insurance.  It obviously isn't that good of a deal if no one is using it.  Weiders punished Strydom for jumping to the WBF.  Like it has been said many many times, Wayne was the messenger just like with telling Shawn he was disqualified.  Wayne, had power but that power meant nothing when the OWNERS don't listen or are willing to change.  Understand that.  Chic is in the same boat Wayne was in until he was smart enough to jump ship.  Who kept theOlympia and other shows going when all the shit was happening, Wayne not Weiders not Manion.  Wayne is gone now and you can see from day one how important and good Wayne was for the IFBB.  It took less than a year for AMI, Manion and the Weiners to screw up the Olympia.  And with all the negative feedback they receieve they still decided to do nothing.  Really sweetie you need to sit back and think about things first. The Weiners and Manion have proven formany many years they do not give a shit about the BB's only themselves.  The reason it goes on and on is because the BB's do not see it, ignore it or just don't give a shit about their lives or future.  How can a showthat has 40 years of history behind it get worse and worse with stupid mistakes being made.  How can you explain that.  There should be no kinks, no surprises, but yet the past couple Olympias since Wayne has left sucked by the admission of many many many witness's.  Face it anyone who defends or supports Manion and the weiners noware fighting a losing battle.  Now they (IFBB) are going to suffer. 

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 10:59:10 AM »
It is obvious that the quality of the Olympia has gone down severely the last couple of years.  The bodybuilders had complaints about prize money, health insurance, judging, etc when Wayne was in control, but at least Wayne was there every year at the press conference answering questions and being accountable for his actions.  Who is in charge of the AMI/IFBB Olympia?  Is it Robin Chang?  David Pecker?  Jim Manion?  Why is there no representative from AMI or the IFBB out front answering questions and taking comments and criticism like Wayne used to?  Instead, we get a heavy dose of Bob Chic during the Olympia, trying to create pro wrestling type drama between the athletes.  This is a turn off for bodybuilding fans.  Especially, when only a few years ago we had a professional, well run show that didn't cut corners. 

Insider Z

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 11:14:23 AM »
I'll say it...

Please check all my posts and tell me when I expressed the opinions you ascribe to me about Demilia.
I respect him as I respect many others in this business. I don't respect those who hide themselves and get others doing the dirty job.
Do you really want to know who ask for punishments for the ones who joined WBF?
Do you really don't know who?
I find it hard to believe that you don't consider Ben Weider capable to do it.
Who owned, and some way still own it, IFBB?
You are telling me that Demilia took the decision without Ben and Jimmy's approval?
are you kiddin' me or are you just naive?
I've never said Demilia is perfect but for sure he is far away better that others. Better than the Prez, who doesn't know what loyalty is and that never care a damn about athletes, better than the bunch of newbies and wannabes of today.

I love to tease Chick but I respect him (not when he tries to put all the blames on the past management and not when he is on the same side of his counterpart).
I attended some meetings when he was helping Shawn representing the athletes and I don't remember valuable words from his mouth in front of all the bosses. Some of those bosses are still in charge.
Are they the good ones or just those who bowed their heads before Ben and their personal interests?

I don't care if Demilia succeed in his plan or not, surely IFBB is in its worse period ever and I wonder what will happen when Uncle Joe will pass away

Insider Z (the man who sees the future and knows the past)
Insider Z

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2006, 11:26:06 AM »
It is obvious that the quality of the Olympia has gone down severely the last couple of years.  The bodybuilders had complaints about prize money, health insurance, judging, etc when Wayne was in control, but at least Wayne was there every year at the press conference answering questions and being accountable for his actions.  Who is in charge of the AMI/IFBB Olympia?  Is it Robin Chang?  David Pecker?  Jim Manion?  Why is there no representative from AMI or the IFBB out front answering questions and taking comments and criticism like Wayne used to?  Instead, we get a heavy dose of Bob Chic during the Olympia, trying to create pro wrestling type drama between the athletes.  This is a turn off for bodybuilding fans.  Especially, when only a few years ago we had a professional, well run show that didn't cut corners. 

Nah...they didn't cut corners. Just didn't care that over half of the guys competing at the Olympia were going home with ZERO in their pockets.

Milos asked Wayne why this was at the press conference (2002)...Waynes response was that, "he didn't think athletes would try to come in condition if they were all paid..."
yeah, thats it...pro bodybuilders busting their ass for 16 weeks would show up out of shape on purpose because they would be getting a whopping 1-2K for the effort....

It's that very response that prompted me to try and unionize the bodybuilders.

Prize money, health coverage, judging, etc were all concerns at that time...amazingly, they all fell on deaf ears under Wayne and by Wayne.

Maybe he'll listen to his athletes in his new federation....

LifterChick

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 11:45:17 AM »
Insider Z and Onlyme
First off thanks for keeping this a discussion and not a flaming session.
I agree with both of you that Wayne was not the decision maker, my only point is that Bob isn't the desicion maker either and yet he has done more for the athletes in the short time that he has been the rep then Wayne did in the years he was there.  MM was given a spot in the Olypmia because of some of the changes Bob made.  I also remember him making sure the IFBB guaratee's monies to the althletes.  I can't remember whom it was but he talked on the weekly radio show that he hadn't recieved his total prize money, and asked for Bob as the athletes rep for help.
I know we are never going to see eye to eye, but with the comment Bob brought up and incidents like this is the Wayne that I am going to remember. 
I really do hope that PDI does do well and make positive changes for the athletes, but I really get upset about all the major hate posts against the IFBB and its reps.  I am not saying that you two don't back it up with fair reasoning, but you guys are the rare ones, so I get a little heated and throw you into the mix of the haters.  I do apologize for that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2006, 01:20:55 PM »
Bob, when some athletes cross over, will you work just as hard to represent their interests as you will for the IFBB athletes?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2006, 08:23:06 PM »
NiceRack, I am pretty sure Bob hasn't even come close to doing what Wayne did.  Bob has never put on a show.  Being an emcee does not count.  He has never had to deal with 20 to 40 BB at once and each one with a separate complaint while all along trying to make sure the show goes on.  The way you make it sound you make it sound like Bob has single handily change BB and the IFBB.  But he admits he does not work for the IFBB and has no affiliation with them except being a card holder.  I applaud Chic for his efforts but in the same breathe I think he is wasting his time which has been proven again and again.  Like no one showing up to the meeting.  The IFBB pros do not want help.  It is evident.  From what I see Chic is doing it to stay involved with the IFBB in some capacity. 

I have asked this before, but you have said it now a few times.  What has Chic done in 2 years more than Wayne has done in what 25+ years in the IFBB and Pro BB.  Like I said please don't include the insurance cause that is a dead issue.  Getting guys a $1,000 for placing 20th I'm not sure is a positive thing or a kick in the face.  I wished Chic all the luck in the world at the beginning but he is beating a dead horse and fighting a losing battle. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2006, 01:23:24 PM »
I hope reschedules his interview.  Maybe he'll annouce his retirement.