Author Topic: how do u make that enchilada sauce in microwave dinners  (Read 8238 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: how do u make that enchilada sauce in microwave dinners
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2016, 07:27:48 PM »
Meltdown.

Yes.  It is time Fogarty pays his reparations to blacks and hispanics alike.  I will now set up a Gofundme for him to donate money to in order to address these wrongs he has committed since birth and pre-birth.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2016, 07:32:38 PM »
Lets make it simple and authentic.

5 medium guajillo chiles (the dried ones in a bag)
3 cloves of garlic
28 ounce can or 2 14 ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes.  Should be easy enough for you to find
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil (hopefully not extra virgin, but it can be used in a pinch.  Also consider corn oil if you have it)
2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth since I know you are vegan.  Use whatever you use for vegetable broth

1.  Turn oven to 350°F and preheat it. Place guajillo chiles on a baking sheet and heat in oven until puffed up and they begin to smell really good.  I estimate around 4 minutes or so. Remove and cool. Take the stems out and seeds, then tear into pieces.
2.  Put your now roasted chiles, garlic, tomatoes, cumin, and black pepper in a blender and get it as smooth as possible.  You want it really smooth.
3.  Heat your oil in a saucepan,medium-high heat until shimmering.  Add sauce and cook stirring constantly, until thickened to consistency of tomato paste.   Should take around 5-10 minutes.  Pour in your broth, bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 10 minutes or so, stirring every now and then. Taste sauce and season with salt and sugar to taste.

You should be able to handle that.  

I will try this.  Is this your concoction?   It looks very authentic. 

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2016, 05:40:01 AM »
seriously those "amy's mexican enchiladas " are worth trying. its the sauce they use thats amazing

Here are the red sauce ingredients from Amy's Cheese Enchiladas.  Should be fairly easy to figure out.  All organic too.   :D

organic onions
organic tomato puree
organic sweet rice flour
expeller pressed high oleic safflower and/or sunflower oil
spices
organic bell peppers
sea salt
organic garlic

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2016, 06:09:36 AM »
maybe it's just weak ketchup?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2016, 07:35:27 AM »
maybe it's just weak ketchup?
no it has no tomato in it if it does its less than 5 %
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2016, 07:36:57 AM »
Here are the red sauce ingredients from Amy's Cheese Enchiladas.  Should be fairly easy to figure out.  All organic too.   :D

organic onions
organic tomato puree
organic sweet rice flour
expeller pressed high oleic safflower and/or sunflower oil
spices
organic bell peppers
sea salt
organic garlic

ive already wasted 15 bucks mixin shit together gonna try adonis recipe
A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2016, 07:42:41 AM »
Yes.  It is time Fogarty pays his reparations to blacks and hispanics alike.  I will now set up a Gofundme for him to donate money to in order to address these wrongs he has committed since birth and pre-birth.
i think mexicans should file a class action suit against all you fuckers it this thread for trying the pass off shit as mexican food. ;D
A

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2016, 09:11:26 AM »
Lets make it simple and authentic.

3 cloves of garlic
28 ounce can or 2 14 ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes.  Should be easy enough for you to find
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil (hopefully not extra virgin, but it can be used in a pinch.  Also consider corn oil if you have it)
2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth since I know you are vegan.  Use whatever you use for vegetable broth

1.  Turn oven to 350°F and preheat it. Place guajillo chiles on a baking sheet and heat in oven until puffed up and they begin to smell really good.  I estimate around 4 minutes or so. Remove and cool. Take the stems out and seeds, then tear into pieces.
2.  Put your now roasted chiles, garlic, tomatoes, cumin, and black pepper in a blender and get it as smooth as possible.  You want it really smooth.
3.  Heat your oil in a saucepan,medium-high heat until shimmering.  Add sauce and cook stirring constantly, until thickened to consistency of tomato paste.   Should take around 5-10 minutes.  Pour in your broth, bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 10 minutes or so, stirring every now and then. Taste sauce and season with salt and sugar to taste.

You should be able to handle that.  

Why did you take the time to hand type that entire recipe?  Why not just cut and paste the link to the recipe?   ???

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/05/red-enchilada-sauce-how-to-make-mexican-recipe.html

4 medium guajillo chiles (about 1 ounce)
2 medium cloves garlic, peeled
1 (28-oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes (such as Muir Glen)
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups chicken broth
Kosher salt, to taste
Sugar, to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place guajillo chiles on a baking sheet and heat in oven until puffed up and aromatic, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Stem and seed chiles; tear into pieces.

2. Place chiles, garlic, tomatoes, cumin, and black pepper in jar of a blender. Puree until as smooth as possible.

3. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Set a fine mesh strainer over pan and pour in sauce. Press sauce through strainer into saucepan. Cook sauce, stirring constantly, until thickened to consistency of tomato paste, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste sauce and season with salt and sugar to taste.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2016, 11:38:21 AM »

Why did you take the time to hand type that entire recipe?  Why not just cut and paste the link to the recipe?   ???

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/05/red-enchilada-sauce-how-to-make-mexican-recipe.html

1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups chicken broth
Kosher salt, to taste
Sugar, to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place guajillo chiles on a baking sheet and heat in oven until puffed up and aromatic, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Stem and seed chiles; tear into pieces.

2. Place chiles, garlic, tomatoes, cumin, and black pepper in jar of a blender. Puree until as smooth as possible.

3. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Set a fine mesh strainer over pan and pour in sauce. Press sauce through strainer into saucepan. Cook sauce, stirring constantly, until thickened to consistency of tomato paste, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste sauce and season with salt and sugar to taste.

???
Enchilada Sauce is a standard recipe.  Kinda like making barbecue sauce.

I am sure you of all people would never know that though.   I just typed from memory of how I make it.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2016, 12:25:25 PM »
???
Enchilada Sauce is a standard recipe.  Kinda like making barbecue sauce.

I am sure you of all people would never know that though.   I just typed from memory of how I make it.

:D ;D ;D

Typed it from memory?  Your memory is almost identical to the recipe you copied it from.  It would have been much easier if you just cut and pasted the recipe instead of trying to pass it off as your own.   ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2016, 12:26:29 PM »
:D ;D ;D

Typed it from memory?  Your memory is almost identical to the recipe you copied it from.  It would have been much easier if you just cut and pasted the recipe instead of trying to pass it off as your own.   ;D
Its not identical if you actually look at the ingredients and read it.  All are going to be similar, but not identical, same as roasting a chicken or making pancakes.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2016, 12:32:23 PM »
I guess Rick Bayless is copying us as well because a version he makes is nearly the same.   ::)

There are not many ways to make enchilada sauce. If you ever start learning how to cook, you will find this to be the case.  Especially when it comes to baking, which has to be an exact science.  Something tells me you won't bother with any of it though.  :D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2016, 12:35:03 PM »

1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups chicken broth
Kosher salt, to taste
Sugar, to taste

3 cloves of garlic
28 ounce can or 2 14 ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes.  Should be easy enough for you to find
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil (hopefully not extra virgin, but it can be used in a pinch.  Also consider corn oil if you have it)
2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth since I know you are vegan.  Use whatever you use for vegetable broth

1.  Turn oven to 350°F and preheat it. Place guajillo chiles on a baking sheet and heat in oven until puffed up and they begin to smell really good.  I estimate around 4 minutes or so. Remove and cool. Take the stems out and seeds, then tear into pieces.
2.  Put your now roasted chiles, garlic, tomatoes, cumin, and black pepper in a blender and get it as smooth as possible.  You want it really smooth.
3.  Heat your oil in a saucepan,medium-high heat until shimmering.  Add sauce and cook stirring constantly, until thickened to consistency of tomato paste.   Should take around 5-10 minutes.  Pour in your broth, bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 10 minutes or so, stirring every now and then. Taste sauce and season with salt and sugar to taste.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2016, 12:36:08 PM »
Its not identical if you actually look at the ingredients and read it.  All are going to be similar, but not identical, same as roasting a chicken.

You added 1 chili pepper and 1 clove of garlic.  Way to go Betty Crocker.   ;D

Again, it's obvious that you pulled up the recipe from seriouseats, and then typed all that shit into your original post (almost word for word).  Why take the time to do all that when you could have just posted a link to food blog that you took the recipe from?

TA's recipe:
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 teaspoon cumin

Recipe from SeriousEats:

1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups chicken broth
Kosher salt, to taste
Sugar, to taste

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2016, 12:38:36 PM »
I guess Rick Bayless is copying us as well because a version he makes is nearly the same.   ::)

There are not many ways to make enchilada sauce. If you ever start learning how to cook, you will find this to be the case.  Especially when it comes to baking, which has to be an exact science.  Something tells me you won't bother with any of it though.  :D

Actually, the recipe from serious eats was copied from Rick Bayless' book (Mexican Everyday).  It says so at the top of the recipe.

Adapted from Mexican Everyday by Rick Bayless.

Again, why did you go to all the trouble to type that entire recipe, when you could just post a link from where you took it?   ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2016, 12:39:53 PM »
You added 1 chili pepper and 1 clove of garlic.  Way to go Betty Crocker.   ;D

Again, it's obvious that you pulled up the recipe from seriouseats, and then typed all that shit into your original post (almost word for word).  Why take the time to do all that when you could have just posted a link to food blog that you took the recipe from?

TA's recipe:
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 teaspoon cumin

Recipe from SeriousEats:

1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups chicken broth
Kosher salt, to taste
Sugar, to taste

Oh no!  Fucking copycat Rick Bayless

Rick Bayless Frontera Grill Red Enchilada Sauce #1

7 medium guajillo chiles
4 cloves of garlic,pressed
28 ounce can diced tomatoes or whole tomatoes, hand crushed
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon Corn Oil
2 cups chicken broth

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2016, 12:42:06 PM »
Actually, the recipe from serious eats was copied from Rick Bayless' book (Mexican Everyday).  It says so at the top of the recipe.

Adapted from Mexican Everyday by Rick Bayless.

Again, why did you go to all the trouble to type that entire recipe, when you could just post a link from where you took it?   ???
I took it from my memory.  How would I post a link to that?  ???  When you learn how to cook, you will learn how to do it in steps and all steps will be the same per recipe pretty much.  You will actually see yourself doing these steps.

I can tell you don't cook at all though as you would know this already.

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2016, 12:43:52 PM »
If there are tomatoes in there olive oil is superior in taste, given reasonable quality.
©

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2016, 01:06:51 PM »
I took it from my memory.  How would I post a link to that?  ???  When you learn how to cook, you will learn how to do it in steps and all steps will be the same per recipe pretty much.  You will actually see yourself doing these steps.

I can tell you don't cook at all though as you would know this already.

We all know you're the king of "cut and paste".  It's obvious that you cut and pasted the majority of the recipe that you pulled up on SeriousEats. 

You didn't type it from memory.  It's obvious that you retyped the recipe, and cut and pasted the majority of it.  Again, why not just cut and paste the entire recipe? 

Your recipe:
3 cloves of garlic
28 ounce can or 2 14 ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes.  Should be easy enough for you to find
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil
(hopefully not extra virgin, but it can be used in a pinch.  Also consider corn oil if you have it)
2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth since I know you are vegan.  Use whatever you use for vegetable broth

1.  Turn oven to 350°F and preheat it. Place guajillo chiles on a baking sheet and heat in oven until puffed up and they begin to smell really good.  I estimate around 4 minutes or so. Remove and cool. Take the stems out and seeds, then tear into pieces.
2.  Put your now roasted chiles, garlic, tomatoes, cumin, and black pepper in a blender and get it as smooth as possible.  You want it really smooth.
3.  Heat your oil in a saucepan,medium-high heat until shimmering.  Add sauce and cook stirring constantly, until thickened to consistency of tomato paste.   Should take around 5-10 minutes.  Pour in your broth, bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 10 minutes or so, stirring every now and then. Taste sauce and season with salt and sugar to taste.

SeriousEats recipe:
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil

2 cups chicken broth
Kosher salt, to taste
Sugar, to taste

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2016, 01:19:08 PM »
We all know you're the king of "cut and paste".  It's obvious that you cut and pasted the majority of the recipe that you pulled up on SeriousEats.  

You didn't type it from memory.  It's obvious that you retyped the recipe, and cut and pasted the majority of it.  Again, why not just cut and paste the entire recipe?  

Your recipe:
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil
(hopefully not extra virgin, but it can be used in a pinch.  Also consider corn oil if you have it)

SeriousEats recipe:
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil

2 cups chicken broth
Kosher salt, to taste
Sugar, to taste

ROFLMAO, you are really reaching.  Hilarious watching you waste your time on cooking conspiracy theories.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2016, 01:22:22 PM »
ROFLMAO, you are really reaching.  Hilarious watching you waste your time on cooking conspiracy theories.

Settle down Julia Child.  Just stop trying to convince everyone that you didn't rip that recipe from your favorite website.   :D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2016, 01:26:39 PM »
Settle down Julia Child.  Just stop trying to convince everyone that you didn't rip that recipe from your favorite website.   :D
My favorite website is Cooks Illustrated/ Cooks Country/ Cooks Science. I am a recipe tester for them!

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2016, 02:16:20 PM »

Funny, I thought my whole adult life has been supporting latino (boyfriends).

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2016, 02:29:20 PM »
you like latinos? Are they anything like latinas? I been with latinas, hot, great in bed and great cooks, but man, crazy as fuck. :-\
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2016, 02:36:12 PM »
Not all Latinos are gay though.  ;D