Author Topic: Gum disease and steroids  (Read 1591 times)

drmarkp

• Getbig III
Gum disease and steroids
« on: August 28, 2016, 11:24:44 AM »
.. Have any former steroid users ever experienced gum disease? .. I read that long term use of medications and drugs can be one of the causes of this condition

I had used steroids for 6 or 7 years when I was in my twenties.. I have always had reasonably good dental hygiene and cleaning, yet 25 years later I began experiencing gum disease that eventually led to losing virtually all of my original teeth

I have been curious if any one else out there has experienced the same thing

falco

• Getbig V
Re: Gum disease and steroids
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 06:14:05 AM »
A drug friend of mine was affraid to pin, so all he used was orals. His liver somewhat tolerated the abuse for years, but everytime he upped the dose, mostly dianabol, he had nasty aphthous ulcers. I believe it has something to do with them making the body acidic, instead of alkaline.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 09:41:35 PM »
Many drugs affect the production of saliva. That's the main cause. U need a constant replenishing of saliva to keep the month healthy. I doubt your prior drug use caused your gum disease years later. I assume u had good hygiene habits?

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 10:53:31 PM »
Everyone needs routine ultrasonic scaling.

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 06:11:59 AM »
I'm paying the ultimate price for dental negligence. Not from gear but for the long 25+yrs of opiate abuse.
    Had my tops pulled out in Apr and in the dentist office right now getting my top plate.
    Then in Oct I'll start the bottoms. Dr said no matter if the remaining teeth were good, which they aren't, the gums are so receded that they'll become worse.

Well, just got them in as I was typing. Now it feels like I've got a school bus in my mouth lol

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 07:40:21 AM »
I'm paying the ultimate price for dental negligence. Not from gear but for the long 25+yrs of opiate abuse.
    Had my tops pulled out in Apr and in the dentist office right now getting my top plate.
    Then in Oct I'll start the bottoms. Dr said no matter if the remaining teeth were good, which they aren't, the gums are so receded that they'll become worse.

Well, just got them in as I was typing. Now it feels like I've got a school bus in my mouth lol

Damn 25 years on heroine.  Are you keith Richards?

Bulgarian_enforcer

• Getbig III
  • Kill em all...
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 08:06:57 AM »
I had bleeding gums all my life. problem stopped when i started hgh, now my teeth are not bleeding and in perfect health for 2.5 years now.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 05:06:25 AM »
injectable diclofenac gives me aphtous ulcers.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 04:27:28 PM »

Jeez !!!
Are you off the opiate usage now.
How long.