Author Topic: Watching Rick Steves on TV  (Read 848 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Watching Rick Steves on TV
« on: August 28, 2016, 12:47:03 PM »
He's traveling all over these beautiful places in Europe and I don't see any of these Muslim invaders as getbig describes. Does he edit them out or are they confined to certain areas and stay out of the tourist spots?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Watching Rick Steves on TV
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 12:53:28 PM »
He's traveling all over these beautiful places in Europe and I don't see any of these Muslim invaders as getbig describes. Does he edit them out or are they confined to certain areas and stay out of the tourist spots?

A lot of his videos are old so I'd check the date on them.
A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 12:54:36 PM »

A lot of his videos are old so I'd check the date on them.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 01:06:17 PM »

I like his program. He's a dork but informative. Some of them are from the early 2000's. But yes, it has changed since the first time I went in 2011 and the last time back in May. It's rapidly changing and will be gone in a generation. Maybe that's just how the world works over time?  :-\

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 01:18:26 PM »
I like his program. He's a dork but informative. Some of them are from the early 2000's. But yes, it has changed since the first time I went in 2011 and the last time back in May. It's rapidly changing and will be gone in a generation. Maybe that's just how the world works over time?  :-\
The guy is like Wonder-Bread level dorkish. He's informative, but definitely more for the 35 and over crowd. He stays away from much on nightlife or anything edgy to do in your typical large European city.

The most interesting of Rick Steves travel shows was the special he did on Iran. I had long assumed he thought the only vacation destinations in the world were on the European peninsula.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 01:23:21 PM »

That explains it.  The influx didn't really start until 2014....not surprisingly Rick stopped doing the shows that same year. ;D
A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 02:28:50 PM »

Rick Steeves is a cool guy,,, and a heavy weed smoker

Yep lives in my state. Weed is legal here now.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 05:26:10 PM »
The guy is like Wonder-Bread level dorkish. He's informative, but definitely more for the 35 and over crowd. He stays away from much on nightlife or anything edgy to do in your typical large European city.

The most interesting of Rick Steves travel shows was the special he did on Iran. I had long assumed he thought the only vacation destinations in the world were on the European peninsula.

Rick Steves comes across as gay.  His mannerisms. His voice. 

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 05:27:43 PM »
Rick Steves comes across as gay.  His mannerisms. His voice. 

No just cultured and a little snobby. Common among wealthy white people. Sort of like Frasier.