Author Topic: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change  (Read 58519 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2016, 01:05:10 PM »
Kaepernick is pretty much the poster child for dumb, narcissistic athletes who do stuff like this just to get attention for HIMSELF.
What has he ever done to help anyone but himself? 
He could send several black kids to college just on the money he spends on sneakers.

Exactly.  Lots of stuff he could do with his resources.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2016, 01:13:22 PM »
Settle down Francis. Everyone has the right to peacefully protest. Race baiting by the media as usual.

The first protesters were white. Fact!

epic_alien

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2016, 01:16:10 PM »
i think prior to pulling this selfish stunt he had made the decision that he doesn't care if he plays anymore.

Simple Simon

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2016, 01:16:31 PM »
That's a class act!
he would have done that regardless of the country, its respect for the athlete on the podium, lol at all the Americans getting up themselves, like he gives a fuck about the USA.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2016, 01:18:22 PM »
he would have done that regardless of the country, its respect for the athlete on the podium, lol at all the Americans getting up themselves, like he gives a fuck about the USA.

I don't care which country it is for. It's just a classy respectful act regardless of the country.

Simple Simon

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2016, 01:22:38 PM »
I don't care which country it is for. It's just a classy respectful act regardless of the country.
correct

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2016, 03:37:29 PM »
surprised the patriotic people of Amerca are putting up with this man/boy pathetic spoilt golliwog..he is an insult to the good black people..
K

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2016, 03:41:45 PM »
Well, I'm not into starting a flame war but isn't that in all fairness pretty much what US flag represents? With the history of slavery, apartheid well in to 70s etc.

60s, but we called it segregation. The anthem/flag represent freedom, sure, so he's got a constitutional right to piss on both. Likewise, others have the right to call him an ungrateful kunt for it.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2016, 03:45:34 PM »
Settle down Francis. Everyone has the right to peacefully protest. Race baiting by the media as usual.

The first protesters were white. Fact!

Too sensible a post for getbig

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2016, 03:46:43 PM »
Choosing not to stand for the national anthem is a form of speech, and speech is protected by the First Amendment.  The actual values of our country are more important than symbols of our country.

The NFL is not patriotic.  It uses patriotism to make money.

The Star Spangle Banner is a poor choice for our national anthem, which it has been since only 1931.  Francis Scott Key was, in modern terms, a white supremacist.

Have you ever heard the third verse of The Star Spangle Banner?

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-stand-star-spangled-banner-article-1.2770075

"While it has always been known that the song was written during American slavery and that when those words about this nation being the "land of the free" didn't apply to the millions who had been held in bondage, few of us had any idea that the song itself was rooted in the celebration of slavery and the murder of Africans in America, who were being hired by the British military to give them strength not only in the War of 1812, but in the Battle of Fort McHenry of 1814. These black men were called the Corps of Colonial Marines and they served valiantly for the British military. Key despised them. He was glad to see them experience terror and death in war — to the point that he wrote a poem about it. That poem is now our national anthem."

Maybe it is time to change the national anthem again.

http://www.capradio.org/music/classical/2014/07/04/americas-five-national-anthems

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2016, 03:54:29 PM »
Choosing not to stand for the national anthem is a form of speech, and speech is protected by the First Amendment.  The actual values of our country are more important than symbols of our country.

The Star Spangle Banner is a poor choice for our national anthem, which it has been since only 1931.  Francis Scott Key was a bigot, perhaps a white supremacist, and certainly a slave holder.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-stand-star-spangled-banner-article-1.2770075

"While it has always been known that the song was written during American slavery and that when those words about this nation being the "land of the free" didn't apply to the millions who had been held in bondage, few of us had any idea that the song itself was rooted in the celebration of slavery and the murder of Africans in America, who were being hired by the British military to give them strength not only in the War of 1812, but in the Battle of Fort McHenry of 1814. These black men were called the Corps of Colonial Marines and they served valiantly for the British military. Key despised them. He was glad to see them experience terror and death in war — to the point that he wrote a poem about it. That poem is now our national anthem."

You think Colin has any clue about this shit?

Coincidental, don't ya think, that America started sucking for him the same time he started sucking for the 9ers?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2016, 04:07:10 PM »
This guy's a joke.  He's well with in his rights though.  He doesn't have to stand if he doesn't want to.  He can say fuck the USA if he chooses.

However, I'm pretty much done supporting these ignorant racist dickweeds.  I'm not attending or watching any NFL games any more.  The NFL is too big and too greedy and the players(with rare exception) are absolute pieces of shit.  Seriously, motherfuk the NFL and motherfuk Colin Kaepernick.  I'm not going to reward this shit anymore.

I've been feeling this way for a long time.  My interest in pro sports has fizzled out a lot over the last 10 or 15 years but I think it's time to step away for good.  I really wish that all white people would do the same thing.  Hit these ungrateful phaggots where it hurts...in their wallets.  They've been telling the fans fuck you for a long time.  Any white person who supports this shit is nuts.  Stop paying for their Ferraris.  Fuck them all, let them get a real job....if they are even capable of it.

Do it.  Start right now.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2016, 04:13:26 PM »
I love the national anthem at sporting events, when i watch them on TV i get up off the couch and put a shirt on and show respect to the flag from my 1080p Television

I have been complaining for years to my boss that every day i clock in to work i want the national anthem played loudly before my shift begins. If athletes have to do it, so should every american before work

::)

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2016, 04:23:53 PM »
Pampered, spoiled Black kid....Multi-milionaire....Not only is he stupid...he's ungrateful, which disgusts me...

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2016, 04:28:20 PM »

The Star Spangle Banner is a poor choice for our national anthem, which it has been since only 1931.  Francis Scott Key was, in modern terms, a white supremacist.

http://www.capradio.org/music/classical/2014/07/04/americas-five-national-anthems

Pansy liberals

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2016, 04:42:33 PM »
Pampered, spoiled Black kid....Multi-milionaire....Not only is he stupid...he's ungrateful, which disgusts me...

I admire your pithy and accurate appraisal of this situation.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2016, 04:49:30 PM »
You think Colin has any clue about this shit?

Coincidental, don't ya think, that America started sucking for him the same time he started sucking for the 9ers?
QFT.

Hypo

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2016, 05:06:24 PM »
He's the result of everything that's wrong with black society. Father has a baby and skipped town.

You'd think he'd be more pissed at that than the "white" prejudice that gave him the opportunity to succeed.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2016, 05:11:50 PM »
Kaepernick is sitting during the Anthem now because he sucks as a football player and needs attention. Honestly there is nothing more to it. If the guy was playing like he did his rookie season, he wouldn't be doing it. Unless he can magically turn it around over the next couple of years, he days playing in the NFL are over.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2016, 05:19:33 PM »
First, Bolt's silent respect for the US anthem is super classy. Don't know much about him beyond he's freaking fast, but this video tells me a lot about the man.

Now ...

This Crapperdick or whatever is a first-class clown. Another fool without a clue.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2016, 05:31:32 PM »
Kaepernick is sitting during the Anthem now because he sucks as a football player and needs attention. Honestly there is nothing more to it. If the guy was playing like he did his rookie season, he wouldn't be doing it. Unless he can magically turn it around over the next couple of years, he days playing in the NFL are over.

Yeah, I must say this sounds likely accurate.  As The Ugly says, America must have very good timing to "suck" right at the same time his game went south.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2016, 05:35:50 PM »

That's really interesting, Tim.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2016, 06:18:06 PM »
No one jumped on Phelps for what he did at the Olympics -- yes the fucking Olympics ceremony!!! -- while the American flag was raised.

I think this has everything to do with a black man getting out of order

Guess you cannot handle those people standing up for what little they have or want in 2016.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2016, 06:20:32 PM »

Solid post, Tim.  Didn't know this.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2016, 06:21:25 PM »
No one jumped on Phelps for what he did at the Olympics -- yes the fucking Olympics ceremony!!! -- while the American flag was raised.

I think this has everything to do with a black man getting out of order

Guess you cannot handle those people standing up for what little they have or want in 2016.

What did Phelps do?