Author Topic: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change  (Read 58521 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change
« Reply #250 on: September 21, 2016, 10:44:15 AM »
Even the Eric Garner case would have been better example to use than Brown's, by far.  The fact Brown seems to have been chosen is just one more reason to believe someone is trying to short-circuit the movement.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #251 on: September 21, 2016, 11:53:11 AM »
The video in this instance looks pretty bad, but I'm waiting till we know all of the facts before forming an opinion, unlike the mob mentality sweeping the country.

trump made up his mind.  said twice that the cop choked.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2016, 02:22:31 PM »
Poll: Niners QB Colin Kaepernick most disliked player in league
Darren Rovell
ESPN Senior Writer

Colin Kaepernick is now the most disliked player in the NFL.

That's at least according to a recent poll of Americans by E-Poll Marketing Research, which asked 1,100 people whose demographics were representative of the general population.

The poll, taken last week, revealed that Kaepernick was "disliked a lot" by 29 percent of those polled, more than any of the more than 350 players asked about in the survey. Kaepernick finished ahead, in the dislike category, of Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston (22 percent), Miami Dolphins defensive end Ndamukong Suh (21 percent), New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (13 percent) and Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (10 percent).

In August 2014, the last time the poll was taken, Kaepernick -- fresh off leading the San Francisco 49ers to the NFC Championship Game before losing to the Seattle Seahawks -- was only "disliked a lot" by 6 percent of the population.

The overall negative sentiment for Kaepernick is even higher among NFL fans. Today, 36 percent say they dislike him "a lot," up from just 10 percent when last asked two years ago.

While results of the poll show Kaepernick being more disliked by the general population, much of that has to do with the fact that African-Americans only make up 15 percent of the U.S. population. Kaepernick hasn't been standing during the national anthem to show his displeasure with the treatment of African-Americans by police officers.

Among African-Americans, Kaepernick has never been more popular. The poll shows 42 percent of African-Americans now say they like the 49ers quarterback "a lot," while only 2 percent dislike him "a lot." Two years ago, only 16 percent of African-Americans said they liked Kaepernick "a lot," while 3 percent disliked him "a lot."

A poll conducted by E-Poll Marketing Research revealed that 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick (center) was "disliked a lot" by 29 percent of those polled, more than any other NFL player asked about in the survey. Streeter Lecka/Getty Images

Much of the change in sentiment comes from how Caucasians feel about him.

Two years ago, only 7 percent of Caucasians said they disliked Kaepernick "a lot." Last week, that number had jumped to 37 percent.

As Kaepernick's actions were focused on, sales of his jersey skyrocketed to the best-selling jersey in the league for a couple days in the beginning of the month.

"Jersey sales represents a metric which shows how he has inspired a number of people who show support by opening up their wallet," said Gerry Philpott, CEO of E-Poll. "There is no counter-metric that you can use for those who he has alienated or had never heard of him before, other than the sentiment we measured."

Kaepernick's highly publicized stand has obviously made him more relevant, even though he's the backup to Blaine Gabbert and isn't getting time on the field.

Only 24 percent of people said they knew his name two years ago. Last week, 42 percent of those polled were familiar.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17604958/san-francisco-49ers-qb-colin-kaepernick-most-disliked-player-nfl-according-poll-e-poll-marketing-research

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #253 on: September 22, 2016, 07:16:21 AM »
Well, there clearly hasn't been change yet.... maybe he should lie down in the middle of the field and see if that works?
a

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #254 on: September 22, 2016, 08:01:30 AM »
So should I start protesting every time a colored does some bullshit and make a national issue of it ?

Nice.. dead man... colored person... nice...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #255 on: September 22, 2016, 12:42:50 PM »
Nice.. dead man... colored person... nice...

Look - im not a fan of the police state one bit - but i also know my experience on the streets.   And my language was going off of what Kalperfag says.  So im pretty damn confused right now what those faggets at BLM want, etc.,

How about all these douchebag crybabies STFU - go to work ,stay in school, after said work and/or shcool go lift or take care of their legions of progeny, and stay home and stay out of trouble? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: September 22, 2016, 01:29:18 PM »
 ;)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #257 on: September 23, 2016, 06:39:49 AM »
Look - im not a fan of the police state one bit - but i also know my experience on the streets.   And my language was going off of what Kalperfag says.  So im pretty damn confused right now what those faggets at BLM want, etc.,

How about all these douchebag crybabies STFU - go to work ,stay in school, after said work and/or shcool go lift or take care of their legions of progeny, and stay home and stay out of trouble? 

but if their car stalls...they might die...
or if the lunch guy is told by the officer to get his ID... he might die.

believe me.. all blacks want is to go to work and school.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: September 23, 2016, 07:23:30 AM »

And that shouldnt happen.  Agree 100%.  Seems to me however - that if your time is occupied with Family - Work - Gym - chances of this shit happening are much much less. 

And guess what - true story - 3 weeks ago - I have a V Force Weight Vest (Best one there is BTW) and I was out on a ruck, I live in pretty urban area and try to stick to off roads if I can if i know im doing a long Ruck or training session, but cant avoid the urban jungle most of the time. 

i'm just walking down the street, headphones on, anyway - 2 cop cars and an ambulence roll up on me HARD.  Cop gets out tells me to freeze - has hand on weapon, etc.  Someone called in dangerous looking man with bomb walking down street.  Crowd is looking on.  Cop is yelling at me - i stay calm - i tell him - officer - its weight training vest, can i get my id for you?  He was like 'What?"  I said yeah - a weight training vest - and he was like - for F's sake bro - someone called in an APB on your ass.  Now - i had on desert tan combat boots, the vest, a shirt w backward american flag, under armour black hat, etc - so to me - im looking like a fool - but not dangerous - and we laughed about it after i gave id - told him i knew one of his bros on the force, etc.  Lesson being - dont be a dick to the cops.  Then i went into Chipolte and the ambulence crew that rolled up on me were there - and were laughing like - bro - we called for the stupidist shit. 

Now if it were you - yeah - you probably would be shot dead on sight and the cops given a medal.  Me - we have a good laugh. 

Moral of the story is - not sure - just thought it was funny what happened and general public is really fat and dumb.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #259 on: September 23, 2016, 07:50:16 AM »
And that shouldnt happen.  Agree 100%.  Seems to me however - that if your time is occupied with Family - Work - Gym - chances of this shit happening are much much less. 

And guess what - true story - 3 weeks ago - I have a V Force Weight Vest (Best one there is BTW) and I was out on a ruck, I live in pretty urban area and try to stick to off roads if I can if i know im doing a long Ruck or training session, but cant avoid the urban jungle most of the time. 

i'm just walking down the street, headphones on, anyway - 2 cop cars and an ambulence roll up on me HARD.  Cop gets out tells me to freeze - has hand on weapon, etc.  Someone called in dangerous looking man with bomb walking down street.  Crowd is looking on.  Cop is yelling at me - i stay calm - i tell him - officer - its weight training vest, can i get my id for you?  He was like 'What?"  I said yeah - a weight training vest - and he was like - for F's sake bro - someone called in an APB on your ass.  Now - i had on desert tan combat boots, the vest, a shirt w backward american flag, under armour black hat, etc - so to me - im looking like a fool - but not dangerous - and we laughed about it after i gave id - told him i knew one of his bros on the force, etc.  Lesson being - dont be a dick to the cops.  Then i went into Chipolte and the ambulence crew that rolled up on me were there - and were laughing like - bro - we called for the stupidist shit. 

Now if it were you - yeah - you probably would be shot dead on sight and the cops given a medal.  Me - we have a good laugh. 

Moral of the story is - not sure - just thought it was funny what happened and general public is really fat and dumb.   

haha that's an awesome story.  well handled!   Appearance does matter... bald white dude with a USA shirt... vs a minority wearing a scary looking shirt, using broken english... i could have seen a scared Betty cop just firing because your voice was weird and scary and you didn't put her at ease fast enough. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: September 23, 2016, 08:46:16 AM »

:)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: September 23, 2016, 05:36:13 PM »

Not true.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #262 on: September 27, 2016, 06:47:16 PM »
Not true.

it is what happened.... there was a witness... he was Philando was ordered to reach for his wallet and when he did... he was shot... thats an eye witness account.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: September 27, 2016, 06:59:39 PM »
it is what happened.... there was a witness... he was Philando was ordered to reach for his wallet and when he did... he was shot... thats an eye witness account.

I was really talking about the broader point you were trying to make.  Cops are not just going around shooting those folks.  This entire controversy is crazy.  Legitimizing bad behavior and poor life choices.  (See Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, etc.)  But a lot of people are afraid to speak the uncomfortable truth because they will get branded as racist, etc.   

But what particular case are you talking about? 

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: September 27, 2016, 07:17:10 PM »

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #265 on: September 27, 2016, 07:32:44 PM »
I was really talking about the broader point you were trying to make.  Cops are not just going around shooting those folks.  This entire controversy is crazy.  Legitimizing bad behavior and poor life choices.  (See Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, etc.)  But a lot of people are afraid to speak the uncomfortable truth because they will get branded as racist, etc.   

But what particular case are you talking about? 

Why bring him into this, of all people you could use as an example?

Btw, there was something like Option D mentioned that was recorded on cam (in one of the Carolinas, of course) a little while back.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: September 27, 2016, 07:41:29 PM »
Why bring him into this, of all people you could use as an example?

Btw, there was something like Option D mentioned that was recorded on cam (in one of the Carolinas, of course) a little while back.

Because he's central to this entire movement and is one of those young men who made a series of poor life choices that caused his own death.   

Not sure what case you're talking about.  I do recall one where the cop shot a dude in the back from distance and then appeared to move a weapon close to the body after he shot him, and was appropriately charged with murder.  Not sure how the case turned out. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #267 on: September 28, 2016, 01:28:57 PM »
Because he's central to this entire movement and is one of those young men who made a series of poor life choices that caused his own death.

Brown, yes imo.  Martin, no.

Zimmerman's claim to the PD that he "forgot" he "had the gun" and furthermore that he did "the whole time" -- doesn't fit with the fact that he claimed, several times, to be scared during the period in question.

That tells me he's lying about the gun, and there's only one reason he'd do that.   

Not sure what case you're talking about.  I do recall one where the cop shot a dude in the back from distance and then appeared to move a weapon close to the body after he shot him, and was appropriately charged with murder.  Not sure how the case turned out. 

No, it's a different one.  The cop told the guy to produce ID, and then opened fire on him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: September 28, 2016, 02:17:44 PM »

Zimmerman's claim to the PD that he "forgot" he "had the gun" and furthermore that he did "the whole time" -- doesn't fit with the fact that he claimed, several times, to be scared during the period in question.

That tells me he's lying about the gun, and there's only one reason he'd do that.   

No, it's a different one.  The cop told the guy to produce ID, and then opened fire on him.

Regarding Martin, that horse is dead.  The facts don't agree with you.  The evidence at trial doesn't agree with you.  The jury didn't agree with you.  It's over.  That kid was responsible for his own death.  He made a series of poor life choices that ended with his tragic death.  That should be the primary lesson coming out of all of this.

What is the name of the case involving the person who was told to produce his ID?   

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #269 on: September 28, 2016, 02:48:24 PM »
Regarding Martin, that horse is dead.  The facts don't agree with you.  The evidence at trial doesn't agree with you.  The jury didn't agree with you.  It's over.  That kid was responsible for his own death.  He made a series of poor life choices that ended with his tragic death.  That should be the primary lesson coming out of all of this.

He wasn't challenged on it at all that I'm aware of, from the moment he said it to the detective and on to this day.

What is the name of the case involving the person who was told to produce his ID?   

I'll try to find it later, but I believe the guy's name is Jones and the cop's name is similar to Joubert.  There is a video, for sure.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #270 on: September 28, 2016, 04:21:34 PM »
Anyway, this is the one I'm thinking about.  Not sure if this is the case Option D meant, but plenty to choose from.

A real Nervous Nellie who shouldn't be driving a damn car, forget about carrying a gun.  And I believe he went on to lie about what happened.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: September 28, 2016, 04:40:53 PM »
Anyway, this is the one I'm thinking about.  Not sure if this is the case Option D meant, but plenty to choose from.

A real Nervous Nellie who shouldn't be driving a damn car, forget about carrying a gun.  And I believe he went on to lie about what happened.

Pretty bad.  I think it would have been different if the cop pulled the guy over for some alleged violent crime.  But a traffic/seatbelt violation?  He needs to go to jail.  Sounds like he will.  

That said, is there any evidence this was a racially motivated shooting?

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #272 on: September 28, 2016, 04:52:45 PM »
Anyway, this is the one I'm thinking about.  Not sure if this is the case Option D meant, but plenty to choose from.

A real Nervous Nellie who shouldn't be driving a damn car, forget about carrying a gun.  And I believe he went on to lie about what happened.

Despite the fact that yet another dangerous and violent uniformed criminal like this one, pleaded guilty 6 months ago, no sentencing date has been announced. And this case is just one of many, there have been more egregious cases where the criminals have walked away without any punishment.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #273 on: September 28, 2016, 05:27:01 PM »
Skeletor, just read that Groubert and his wife were charged with shoplifting last year, too.  That's "still pending" like everything else with him.

DE, I don't know of anything to say it definitely can be blamed on racism (but haven't looked).  As high-strung as the guy acted, I'd imagine there are at least a few light-skinned men he'd have shot at, too.  He's a mental mess, imo, and that's his problem.  So if he's a racist on top of that, then it really shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #274 on: September 28, 2016, 06:20:02 PM »

Trayvon Martin deserved it when he decided to attack Zimmerman and then proceed to beat him while he was on top of him.  Defending yourself with a firearm is what you are supposed to do in situations like that.  No idea how anyone could pretzel themself into an alternate explanation.