Author Topic: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change  (Read 59049 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Re: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change
« Reply #200 on: September 08, 2016, 12:21:10 PM »
I have no idea - but the % is small and its not just blacks.   The WAPO released a study i believe recently that said blacks are killed less frequemnt;ly than whites - ill find it. 

The numbers I believe will say that, but percentage wise, it's very skewed the other way.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2016, 06:47:51 PM »
Broncos' Brandon Marshall loses 2nd endorsement, will meet with Denver police chief
Jeff Legwold
ESPN Senior Writer

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall is still standing up for his right to kneel during the national anthem, but his decision continues to hit him financially.

Marshall, who knelt during "The Star-Spangled Banner" in Thursday night's season opener against the Carolina Panthers, said following Broncos practice Monday that he recently lost his second endorsement deal since he took a knee.

The Air Academy Federal Credit Union parted ways with him shortly after Thursday's game, and on Monday, Marshall said CenturyLink, a cable/communications company, has ended its agreement with him.

Marshall said he had been signed on to promote the company's television and internet service.

"I just lost another endorsement,'' Marshall said. "But it's not going to make me lose any sleep. ... I understand there will be things that come up, criticism and support. I just have to do what I think is right.''

CenturyLink released a statement saying the company "completely [respects] Brandon Marshall's personal decision and right to take an action to support something in which he strongly believes.

"America is anchored in the right of individuals to express their beliefs. While we acknowledge Brandon's right, we also believe that whatever issues we face, we also occasionally must stand together to show our allegiance to our common bond as a nation. In our view, the national anthem is one of those moments. For this reason, while we wish Brandon the best this season, we are politely terminating our agreement with him."

Marshall also said he will meet with Denver police chief Robert C. White on Tuesday and with members of Denver's police union, the Denver Police Protective Association.

Marshall said he has heard from plenty of folks on both sides of what is now a national debate, and he's "trying to start a conversation ... based on social awareness.''

Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall (left) has lost two endorsement deals as a result of kneeling during the national anthem in last week's season opener against the Panthers. AP Photo/Joe Mahoney

He said he continues to receives messages of support and criticism for his actions and that he "absolutely'' understands the passion of those who have either criticized him or supported him in recent days.

Marshall said he continues to monitor social media to see how people are reacting.

"Absolutely, a lot of it is military based because I read a lot of the comments that say, 'stay up for the people that fought for your right to stand,' but then the people that I talk to that are in the military say, 'I fought for your right to stand or sit, I fought for all your rights, so I support you,''' Marshall said. "Everybody doesn't believe that, but some people who actually serve this country do believe that."

On the prospect of some teammates opting to kneel during the anthem in future games, Marshall said: "It's cool if they do, I respect them for that, and it's cool if they don't. I respect that.''

Marshall and San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who was the first player in the league to sit during the national anthem this season, were teammates at the University of Nevada.

"I talked to Colin Kaepernick and he said that he appreciated what I did,'' Marshall said. "... He said he was trying to get some things in place that would change some laws ... donating to organizations doing work at the ground level. One of my endgames [is] I will try to create a program that goes with that as well.''

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17531965/denver-broncos-linebacker-brandon-marshall-loses-second-endorsement-national-anthem-controversy

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2016, 03:49:10 AM »

"I talked to Colin Kaepernick and he said that he appreciated what I did,'' Marshall said. "... He said he was trying to get some things in place that would change some laws ''

"Get some things in place that would change some laws."

a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2016, 06:02:02 PM »
Amen! Catholics do what NFL refuses to do: Stand up for America
By  Todd Starnes 
Published September 13, 2016
FoxNews.com

The Diocese of Camden, New Jersey has a message for high school football players: either respect the National Anthem or be prepared to ride the bench.

Any player or coach for high school sports teams in the diocese who does not “demonstrate appropriate respect” during the Star-Spangled Banner will be subject to a two-game suspension, Philly.com reports.

The Catholics are doing what the National Football League refuses to do.

“Our schools are founded on the teaching of respect and honor; respect and honor for God, country and duly appointed authority,” Supt. Mary Boyle wrote to Catholic high schools in the diocese. “The best approach is helping our young people understand that blood was sacrificed so that we all can enjoy the gifts of our faith and our country.”

Players, coaches and administrators are expected to show respect during prayer, pledges and the playing of the national anthem, she declared.

“Failure to demonstrate appropriate respect will result in suspension from play (2 games) or dismissal from the team for subsequent offense,” she wrote.

Bishop Eustace’s football team requires young men to stand at attention.

“Helmet under left arm. Stand straight. Chest out. Eyes ahead,” assistant athletic director Frank DelRossi told the newspaper. “We think it’s important, and our kids do too.”

The Catholics don't mess around, folks.

In recent days -- many professional football players have demonstrated contempt for the Armed Forces as well as our national anthem.

The disgraceful trend was started by San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kapernick – who refused to stand as a way of protesting perceived racial oppression and inequality.

Mr. Kaepernick is a self-center, unpatriotic dunderhead. But to be fair -- it's hard for a football player to stand up for America when he's got his head up his hindquarters.

To be clear -- professional football players have a Constitutional right to demonstrate their hatred of America. They have a right to denigrate our troops and desecrate the flag.

But we have rights, too. We have the right to boycott their games along with the corporate sponsors who finance their anti-American platforms.

Eli Harold, a 49ers teammate who raised his fist in defiance of our nation, told ESPN he was furious that fans objected to the protest.

“What really pissed me off was when Kap was getting snaps at the end of the game and the crowd was booing,” he told ESPN. “I’m not throwing shots at our fans. It’s not about that. Liberty and justice for all. Just because this man is standing up for something he believes in doesn’t give you the right to boo him. I just don’t understand it, man. I really don’t.”

Eli Harold, you dolt, it’s called the First Amendment. Fans most certainly do have the right to boo and heckle and boycott.

Now you understand why so many people are disgusted with the National Football League.

And that’s why it was so refreshing to hear about the edict handed down by the Diocese of Camden. They are teaching young men to be patriots -- men of honor and duty. It’s instruction that’s badly needed in the National Football League.

Maybe the diocese could send a delegation of nuns to the next 49ers game -- armed with rulers.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/09/13/amen-catholics-do-what-nfl-refuses-to-do-stand-up-for-america.html

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2016, 03:51:58 AM »
Has there been any change yet?
a

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2016, 06:02:50 AM »

The Catholics don't mess around, folks.

Phrasing

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #206 on: September 14, 2016, 07:32:16 AM »
What is this crybaby protesting about ?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #207 on: September 14, 2016, 11:27:45 AM »

i think he said something about midget retards from NYC posting utter nonsense on Getbig...
i think...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2016, 11:29:15 AM »
i think he said something about midget retards from NYC posting utter nonsense on Getbig...
i think...

Funny - cause no one gives a F whatsoever about BLM or its fake cause any more

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2016, 05:29:26 PM »

I don't know and I doubt he knows.  This is nothing like the Civil Rights Movement, when people of different races joined to push for the repeal of laws and practices that were unquestionably discriminatory and for passage of laws to protect everyone from discrimination. 

What is Kaepernick pushing for?  Specifically? 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2016, 05:36:16 PM »
These guys never think to come up with specific demands.

But then again, that would probably be the surest way for him to find out that sitting on his butt is only worth so much as a bargaining chip.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2016, 05:49:34 PM »
What is Kaepernick pushing for?  Specifically? 

He was close to getting cut, because he's not that effective as a speed threat and his throwing confidence is shot.

So he decided the best way to ensure job security was to say/do some polarizing shit which 1/2 of the fans would love, and 1/2 would hate.   Maybe not half.  But a very enthusiastic fraction of fans believe police are beating up black people for fun, and other cops are covering it up.

Kap decided to shit on the national anthem to point this out, and keep it going until some vague rubric of reduction in police beatdowns happened.

now if they cut him, everyone will blame their front office.

And it's not just the national anthem - he wore cop piggie socks. He's just anti-police at this point, not anti-violence.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2016, 05:53:56 PM »
He was close to getting cut, because he's not that effective as a speed threat and his throwing confidence is shot.

So he decided the best way to ensure job security was to say/do some polarizing shit which 1/2 of the fans would love, and 1/2 would hate.   Maybe not half.  But a very enthusiastic fraction of fans believe police are beating up black people for fun, and other cops are covering it up.

Kap decided to shit on the national anthem to point this out, and keep it going until some vague rubric of reduction in police beatdowns happened.

now if they cut him, everyone will blame their front office.

And it's not just the national anthem - he wore cop piggie socks. He's just anti-police at this point, not anti-violence.

::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2016, 05:54:47 PM »
These guys never think to come up with specific demands.

But then again, that would probably be the surest way for him to find out that sitting on his butt is only worth so much as a bargaining chip.

I think he was just being a militant idiot and didn't realize what a firestorm it would cause. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2016, 05:59:51 PM »
I think he was just being a militant idiot and didn't realize what a firestorm it would cause. 

He could be trying to create a "reason" for a firing he figured/figures as inevitable, too.  I've heard that and it doesn't sound too far fetched.

But the guy seems really dumb and nothing would surprise me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2016, 06:05:03 PM »
He could be trying to create a "reason" for a firing he figured/figures as inevitable, too.  I've heard that and it doesn't sound too far fetched.

But the guy seems really dumb and nothing would surprise me.

Meh.  Doesn't make sense for him to try and get cut. 

He's not dumb.  He was a great high school student.  Got his degree at Nevada.  Was never in trouble.  Had an incredible two-year run with the Niners.  Then the bottom fell out. 

I think it's more him getting involved in that BLM movement and not knowing what the heck he's really protesting. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2016, 06:30:19 PM »
Meh.  Doesn't make sense for him to try and get cut. 

He's not dumb.  He was a great high school student.  Got his degree at Nevada.  Was never in trouble.  Had an incredible two-year run with the Niners.  Then the bottom fell out. 

I think it's more him getting involved in that BLM movement and not knowing what the heck he's really protesting. 

No, I mean that he'd use this as the "real reason" for any fallout from his diminished playing.  But you're probably right.

And I know he isn't dumb, since QBing takes brains and he made it far doing that.  So not sure why he acts like a dummy.

IMO, the whole BLM and all these other modern protests seem to lack specific demands.  Very strange, to say nothing of pointless.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: September 15, 2016, 10:08:24 AM »
No, I mean that he'd use this as the "real reason" for any fallout from his diminished playing.  But you're probably right.

And I know he isn't dumb, since QBing takes brains and he made it far doing that.  So not sure why he acts like a dummy.

IMO, the whole BLM and all these other modern protests seem to lack specific demands.  Very strange, to say nothing of pointless.

Oh they have specific demands, but those demands are friggin stupid. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #218 on: September 15, 2016, 10:21:23 AM »
Oh they have specific demands, but those demands are friggin stupid. 

Demands like "end racism now" and stuff, or what?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: September 15, 2016, 10:22:53 AM »
Demands like "end racism now" and stuff, or what?

Stuff like reparations for slavery, shutting down police departments (or something dumb like that).  Check their website.  Ridiculous. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: September 15, 2016, 10:25:42 AM »
Stuff like reparations for slavery, shutting down police departments (or something dumb like that).  Check their website.  Ridiculous. 

And fools like Option FAIL eat it up - how gullible. 

I had an event this weekend and we were walking through Harlem w a USA flag at like 2am and a bunch of thugs and hookers were yelling BLM at us.  Streets filled with garbage and trash, poverty, rats, dirt, and these idiots are screaming BLM.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #221 on: September 15, 2016, 10:39:05 AM »
Yeah, I'm not seeing much for demands made.  I saw something about reparations in a general search, but the website is just a collection of word-salad like "Globalism: We see ourselves as part of the global Black family and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black folk who exist in different parts of the world."

If it were run by legits and not plants, they'd link individual protests with specific demands such as certain officers being removed, etc.  They'd need to carefully pick their fights, of course, but I'd hope that isn't too inconvenient for them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: September 15, 2016, 10:43:21 AM »
And fools like Option FAIL eat it up - how gullible. 

I had an event this weekend and we were walking through Harlem w a USA flag at like 2am and a bunch of thugs and hookers were yelling BLM at us.  Streets filled with garbage and trash, poverty, rats, dirt, and these idiots are screaming BLM.

I'm not sure Option D knows what the protest is all about either.  Or does he? 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #223 on: September 15, 2016, 10:50:15 AM »
Yeah, these stupid shits.  Best way to get the majority on your side is to have reasonable, easily-understood demands.

Either these clowns want to make change or they don't.

So which is it?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #224 on: September 15, 2016, 10:51:31 AM »
 ???