Author Topic: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change  (Read 59057 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Re: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change
« Reply #175 on: September 07, 2016, 04:11:12 PM »
Maybe we have a different interpretation of oppression?  I view that as people being denied the ability to work, live, travel, etc.  In other words, the things we saw before the Civil Rights Movement. 

I cannot stand Trump, although I don't blame him for the fact David Duke and is ilk support him.  Maybe I missed it, but I haven't heard him support white supremacists.  He has said some racist things (like the Hispanic judge should be disqualified because of his race), but I don't think Trump is a racist.  He's just an undisciplined, privileged idiot.   

I don't think the definitions are completely different, but I think it's perhaps a difference in whether or not oppression exists in today's world.

I think people are denied the ability to work, live, and travel in small pockets.

Not as a huge issue, but it is still there.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #176 on: September 08, 2016, 05:55:13 AM »
Has there been any change yet?

a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2016, 06:58:29 AM »
Has there been any change yet?

Yeah - a bunch of morons are $100 out for buying a stupid fucking CNVTS jersey to show they are down w da cause

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #178 on: September 08, 2016, 08:20:26 AM »
http://archive.is/Futig

Oh look... Climate Change is racist!
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2016, 08:21:18 AM »
http://archive.is/Futig

Oh look... Climate Change is racist!

"Climate Change" is just another code word for communist redistribution of monies from 1st world countries to Turd world cesspools.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #180 on: September 08, 2016, 08:25:36 AM »
I don't think the definitions are completely different, but I think it's perhaps a difference in whether or not oppression exists in today's world.

I think people are denied the ability to work, live, and travel in small pockets.

Not as a huge issue, but it is still there.

this...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: September 08, 2016, 08:36:47 AM »
this...

Small pockets, not huge , but we will act like its still 1950's and oppression is a big deal.

Face it is not.  Its a made up issue to explain away failure of certain groups to by and large function in civilized society.  Are black women being shot by cops?  Black business people to and from work? 

The only problem is w the thug ghetto criminal element - no one else.  The entire BLM movement is garbage.  its nonsense. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: September 08, 2016, 09:42:17 AM »
Small pockets, not huge , but we will act like its still 1950's and oppression is a big deal.

Face it is not.  Its a made up issue to explain away failure of certain groups to by and large function in civilized society.  Are black women being shot by cops?  Black business people to and from work? 

The only problem is w the thug ghetto criminal element - no one else.  The entire BLM movement is garbage.  its nonsense. 

Surely it's not huge, but it is still a problem. Shouldn't we be working so that it doesn't exist at all? Or is it ok just because it's not like the 50s anymore. (Which by the way is when Trump says America was last great)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: September 08, 2016, 09:47:40 AM »
Surely it's not huge, but it is still a problem. Shouldn't we be working so that it doesn't exist at all? Or is it ok just because it's not like the 50s anymore. (Which by the way is when Trump says America was last great)

We do!!!  All the damn time - we have EEOC, state, federal, local agencies just for diversity stuff, endless HR programs pushing this stuff, civil service affirmative action programs, set asides, quotas in construction, etc. 

Skeeter

« Reply #184 on: September 08, 2016, 09:49:49 AM »
 ;D

"The Seattle Seahawks will become the first NFL team to join Colin Kaepernick’s silent protest during the national anthem this Sunday."

http://usuncut.com/resistance/entire-seattle-seahawks-roster-will-protest-national-anthem-sunda/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: September 08, 2016, 09:53:05 AM »
The entire premise of BLM is based on bs and fake narratives that the small minded dopes eat up.  It started w Michael Brown hands up dont shoot which in itself was a lie.  

Before that it was Trayvon - another stupid case that turned out to be a big fat nothing.  

And after - Freddy Gray - the cops were mostly black themselves!  The Da black, the mayor black, the Gov a democrat, etc.  and somehow this is all examples of racism against blacks?

Please - at some point it is ridiculous - and we are there now w this race obsession that knows no bounds ever.  

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #186 on: September 08, 2016, 10:28:04 AM »
The Trayvon case wasn't BS, IMO.  But Brown was on a tear and due to be killed or ktfo or something, so isn't it odd that he's been the main name in all the BLM stuff.  Many, many others that could have and should have been put up instead of Brown.  I've seen very few things so ridiculous as that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #187 on: September 08, 2016, 10:29:43 AM »
Typical for USC, Carroll, and Seahawks.

The Seattle Seahawks will become the first NFL team to join Colin Kaepernick’s silent protest during the national anthem this Sunday.

In their home opener against the Miami Dolphins, the Seattle Seahawks have planned a “big surprise” during the national anthem, according to starting linebacker Bobby Wagner. Wagner emphasized that the entire roster will take part in the protest, though he didn’t specify if the team would sit or kneel.

“Anything we want to do, it’s not going to be individual. It’s going to be a team thing. That’s what the world needs to see. The world needs to see people coming together versus being individuals,” Wagner told the Seattle Times.

The team has the support of head coach Pete Carroll, who recently stood up for cornerback Jeremy Lane when he sat during the national anthem in solidarity with San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick last Thursday before Seattle’s final preseason game against the Oakland Raiders.

“[Lane]’s pretty clear on what he did and what he was trying to express and I think it is very simple and so we’ll leave that up to him,” Carroll told the Times.

In addition to Lane and Wagner, starting wide receiver Doug Baldwin has publicly expressed support for Kaepernick on social media. After Kaepernick started receiving blowback for refusing to stand up for the national anthem, Baldwin defended the protest and cast Kaepernick’s critics as ignorant of what free speech entails.

Skeeter

« Reply #188 on: September 08, 2016, 10:37:46 AM »
Typical for USC, Carroll, and Seahawks.

The Seattle Seahawks will become the first NFL team to join Colin Kaepernick’s silent protest during the national anthem this Sunday.

In their home opener against the Miami Dolphins, the Seattle Seahawks have planned a “big surprise” during the national anthem, according to starting linebacker Bobby Wagner. Wagner emphasized that the entire roster will take part in the protest, though he didn’t specify if the team would sit or kneel.

“Anything we want to do, it’s not going to be individual. It’s going to be a team thing. That’s what the world needs to see. The world needs to see people coming together versus being individuals,” Wagner told the Seattle Times.

The team has the support of head coach Pete Carroll, who recently stood up for cornerback Jeremy Lane when he sat during the national anthem in solidarity with San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick last Thursday before Seattle’s final preseason game against the Oakland Raiders.

“[Lane]’s pretty clear on what he did and what he was trying to express and I think it is very simple and so we’ll leave that up to him,” Carroll told the Times.

In addition to Lane and Wagner, starting wide receiver Doug Baldwin has publicly expressed support for Kaepernick on social media. After Kaepernick started receiving blowback for refusing to stand up for the national anthem, Baldwin defended the protest and cast Kaepernick’s critics as ignorant of what free speech entails.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: September 08, 2016, 10:42:43 AM »
The Trayvon case wasn't BS, IMO.  But Brown was on a tear and due to be killed or ktfo or something, so isn't it odd that he's been the main name in all the BLM stuff.  Many, many others that could have and should have been put up instead of Brown.  I've seen very few things so ridiculous as that.
Agreed.

Let's say that today everyone decided to say Trayvon Martin or some other senseless death by police. (What about that 12 year old kid with a toy gun)

Would that still be bullshit?

Where do we stop and say, you know, there really is a disproportionate amount of black men killed by police from a percentage than white people.

Then where do you stop and say, ok, so where is the real problem?

I've said it before and I will say it again, black men being killed disproportionately to white men is a problem, but it is not the BIGGEST problem facing the black community.

So when does it stop being bullshit and start being a mathematical fact?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2016, 10:58:22 AM »
Agreed.

Let's say that today everyone decided to say Trayvon Martin or some other senseless death by police. (What about that 12 year old kid with a toy gun)

Would that still be bullshit?

Where do we stop and say, you know, there really is a disproportionate amount of black men killed by police from a percentage than white people.

Then where do you stop and say, ok, so where is the real problem?

I've said it before and I will say it again, black men being killed disproportionately to white men is a problem, but it is not the BIGGEST problem facing the black community.

So when does it stop being bullshit and start being a mathematical fact?

Most of these cases are widely publicized and discussed forever.   Most are nonsense and has the persons behavior as a factor.   Not all but most

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: September 08, 2016, 11:00:22 AM »
Most of these cases are widely publicized and discussed forever.   Most are nonsense and has the persons behavior as a factor.   Not all but most
Would you say there is an acceptable number of times that black men can be killed even though they are doing nothing wrong?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: September 08, 2016, 11:43:04 AM »
Would you say there is an acceptable number of times that black men can be killed even though they are doing nothing wrong?

That's a ridiculous question.  It's never ok but it's not as if blacks are the only ones and secondly , most of these cases have mitigating factors such as the persons behavior.  Again not all.  But in a country of 315 million - shot gonna happen regardless

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: September 08, 2016, 11:45:21 AM »
That's a ridiculous question.  It's never ok but it's not as if blacks are the only ones and secondly , most of these cases have mitigating factors such as the persons behavior.  Again not all.  But in a country of 315 million - shot gonna happen regardless

No, they are not the only ones, but would you say they are treated equally? I mean, the percentages state that they are disproportionately killed compared to white people, at a pretty high rate.

Surely that cannot all be attributed to behavior.

Some of course, but not all.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #194 on: September 08, 2016, 11:50:09 AM »
We need cops who have at least a fragment of brain.  Instead, we have a bunch of seriously stupid, cowardly shits running around these streets.  When they work the dangerous neighborhoods you just know something's gotta give.

Remember that harebrained idiot telling the guy to get his license, then he fucking opens fire on him as he follows the command?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2016, 11:50:15 AM »
No, they are not the only ones, but would you say they are treated equally? I mean, the percentages state that they are disproportionately killed compared to white people, at a pretty high rate.

Surely that cannot all be attributed to behavior.

Some of course, but not all.

Yes behavior.  

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2016, 11:56:23 AM »
Yes behavior.  

All is behavior. I see. So it's 100 percent that.

Got it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2016, 12:12:30 PM »

All is behavior. I see. So it's 100 percent that.

Got it.

No most.   Most of these cases involve resisting arrest , fleeing , disobeying lawful orders etc.   are others result of negligence ? Sure.   

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2016, 12:13:12 PM »
No most.   Most of these cases involve resisting arrest , fleeing , disobeying lawful orders etc.   are others result of negligence ? Sure.   

What do you think the percentage is?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: September 08, 2016, 12:20:26 PM »
What do you think the percentage is?

I have no idea - but the % is small and its not just blacks.   The WAPO released a study i believe recently that said blacks are killed less frequemnt;ly than whites - ill find it.