Author Topic: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change  (Read 59100 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change
« Reply #350 on: September 05, 2017, 06:55:43 PM »
If they kneel or sit I just change the channel.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #351 on: September 05, 2017, 07:37:01 PM »
Leftist double standards. I didn't see any protests when Tebow couldn't get a job. Liberals pukes.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #352 on: September 06, 2017, 05:44:52 PM »
Dummy.

Ray Lewis said Ravens would have signed Colin Kaepernick if not for girlfriend's tweet
Jamison Hensley
ESPN Staff Writer
September 6, 2017

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Ray Lewis said the Baltimore Ravens chose not to sign Colin Kaepernick after the quarterback's girlfriend posted a "racist" tweet featuring the former All-Pro linebacker and owner Steve Bisciotti.

"We were going to close the deal to sign him," Lewis said on Showtime's "Inside the NFL" on Tuesday night. "Steve Bisciotti said, 'I want to hear Colin Kaepernick speak to let me know that he wants to play football.'"

"And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day."

The Aug. 2 tweet by Nessa Diab compared a picture of Lewis hugging Bisciotti to a scene from "Django Unchained," in which Samuel L. Jackson as a loyal house slave held Leonardo DiCaprio's cruel plantation owner character.

"His girl [Diab] goes out and put out this racist gesture and doesn't know we are in the back office about to try to get this guy signed," Lewis said. "Steve Bisciotti has said it himself: 'How can you crucify Ray Lewis when Ray Lewis is the one calling for Colin Kaepernick?'"

Lewis was asked whether the Ravens would have signed Kaepernick if not for the tweet.

"Then he's flying him to Baltimore," Lewis said. "I am sitting with all three of them and we are all having a conversation about bringing Colin Kaepernick in."

On Wednesday, Ravens coach John Harbaugh didn't directly address Lewis' assertion.

"I'm not exactly sure what all was said. But I can tell you this: I'm way past that," Harbaugh said before practice. "I haven't even thought about that for weeks. Our focus is Cincinnati."

Asked if this is an unwanted distraction, Harbaugh said, "We have two healthy quarterbacks and we're ready to roll."

Kaepernick drew national attention last season when he knelt during the national anthem before games as a protest of social injustice, which he said he will no longer do in 2017.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh brought up the possibility of pursuing Kaepernick at the opening of training camp, when quarterback Joe Flacco informed the team of his back injury. Team president Dick Cass later indicated that the Ravens had direct contact with Kaepernick, who informed Baltimore that he still desired to play.

Ravens officials acknowledged they had consulted with fans and former and current players, as well as sponsors, about Kaepernick.

"Pray for us," Bisciotti said of the team when weighing its decision.

Kaepernick's girlfriend then posted the picture of Bisciotti and Lewis three days later.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20597810/ray-lewis-said-baltimore-ravens-sign-colin-kaepernick-girlfriend-racist-tweet

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #353 on: September 06, 2017, 06:49:24 PM »
Ray Lewis is a sellout/cun-t

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: September 06, 2017, 08:15:01 PM »

Purely for context of course....

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #355 on: September 07, 2017, 06:58:28 PM »
Leftist double standards. I didn't see any protests when Tebow couldn't get a job. Liberals pukes.
That's because tebow sucks and is a religious whackadoo.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: September 07, 2017, 07:49:40 PM »

Purely for context of course....

Skinny fat.  Not Dos Equis approved. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #357 on: September 07, 2017, 08:23:18 PM »
That's because tebow sucks and is a religious whackadoo.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #358 on: September 11, 2017, 07:33:00 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: September 11, 2017, 08:54:25 PM »
Franco Harris Says Mean Joe Greene, Lambert Would Have Handled Kaepernick in Their Day
By Jay Maxson | September 6, 2017

Here's a toast to you, Mean Joe Green and Jack Lambert. These two Pittsburgh Steelers' champions from the 1970s, would not have tolerated the un-American protests spawned by Colin Kaepernick. Their teammate, Franco Harris, told Mediate's John Ziegler so in a podcast interview this week.

Harris, the Hall of Fame running back, four-time Super Bowl champion and the man whose "immaculate reception" touchdown pass in 1972 enabled the Steelers to stun the Oakland Raiders in the AFC playoffs, said, “I don't think it would have been (head coach) Chuck (Noll). We had two of the meanest guys in football, who I think would’ve dealt with it that way, and that would’ve been Joe Greene and Jack Lambert.”

In a blog about the Harris interview, Mediate's Ken Meyer wrote that Kaepernick, who last played for the San Francisco 49ers in 2016, "is still a controversial figure in the sports world due to his refusal to stand for the Star Spangled Banner last season. Kaepernick said it was his way to protest racism and police brutality, though he still faces condemnation from critics who say he disrespected America as a whole by rebuking the national anthem."

Not surprisingly, considering his toxic brand, Kaepernick hasn't been allowed to step onto an NFL practice field this season. Nevertheless, he continues to talk trash through his angry tweets, ripping America as an oppressive nation and police officers as "pigs" and "slave patrol." Only a handful of copycat activists in the NFL are carrying out his bitter legacy of protest in his absence from the preseason.

When Ziegler asked Harris about the "B" word -- blackball -- Harris said America has social issues that need to be dealt with, but "it’s important to respect the country by standing before the flag." And Harris added this:

When he puts on that suit, when he steps out on that field it's not just about him. It's his teammates, the NFL and the fans. Because the team has to come first. And if he wants to make statements, take a position then that's fine. Go do that, but there's no reason he couldn't do it after practice on another platform than doing it with his suit on and at the stadium ... and then also to bring his team into it, his teammates and the NFL. He could have done it anywhere else and no one would have said anything. Once he put on that suit, stepped on that field that represents more than that.

Harris said Kaepernick has the freedom to voice dissent, but "he could’ve done so on different platform and without dragging the football league into it." He said the Pittsburgh coaches and team leaders "would’ve confronted Kaepernick over his protest" if the protests occurred on his team.

The leader of "Franco's Army" is the second old-school star running back to question Kaepernick's selfish tactics. Cleveland Browns' Hall of Famer Jim Brown also recently opposed Kaepernick's disrespectful method of protest.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/jay-maxson/2017/09/06/franco-harris-says-mean-joe-greene-lambert-would-have-handled

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #361 on: September 11, 2017, 09:03:28 PM »
Real football players who loved the game.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #362 on: September 12, 2017, 12:47:52 AM »
it always baffles me why black americans sing the national anthem. the author certainly wasn't referring to black people being "free" when he wrote it.

if the US really is "the land of the free" they should scrap that that sht. something written by a native american would be more fitting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #363 on: September 12, 2017, 03:58:54 AM »
it always baffles me why black americans sing the national anthem. the author certainly wasn't referring to black people being "free" when he wrote it.

if the US really is "the land of the free" they should scrap that that sht. something written by a native american would be more fitting.

If blacks are so oppressed - why dont they pick up and move elsewhere?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #364 on: September 12, 2017, 07:32:34 PM »

If blacks are so oppressed - why dont they pick up and move elsewhere?

Spoken like true white trash.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: September 12, 2017, 07:33:39 PM »
Spoken like true white trash.

I've been hearing the same thing my entire life - seems to me easiest things g to do would be pick up and move

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #366 on: September 12, 2017, 07:38:54 PM »
I've been hearing the same thing my entire life - seems to me easiest things g to do would be pick up and move

No, the easiest and right thing to do would be to admit our sins and remove them from the lexicon of American life.  I don't care that they
removed the "bad" verse from the national anthem.  The rest of it is still written by the same pile of shit that authored the heinous verse.
The national anthem should be replaced to include all citizens of this country. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: September 13, 2017, 03:39:21 AM »
No, the easiest and right thing to do would be to admit our sins and remove them from the lexicon of American life.  I don't care that they
removed the "bad" verse from the national anthem.  The rest of it is still written by the same pile of shit that authored the heinous verse.
The national anthem should be replaced to include all citizens of this country. 

And after home of the brave add what ? 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #368 on: September 13, 2017, 05:23:59 AM »

It's not even worth arguing. It's all just rationalizing failure. Slavery was an institution which predated written history. It didn't start in the United States. It was practiced everywhere in the world. So no place was free. The United States actually did more to a end the practice than any other country. Moreover, blacks in this country have a much higher standard of living than blacks in Africa. They just can't act like civilized human beings. That's why they'll just keep failing and keep making more excuses.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: September 13, 2017, 05:42:32 AM »
It's not even worth arguing. It's all just rationalizing failure. Slavery was an institution which predated written history. It didn't start in the United States. It was practiced everywhere in the world. So no place was free. The United States actually did more to a end the practice than any other country. Moreover, blacks in this country have a much higher standard of living than blacks in Africa. They just can't act like civilized human beings. That's why they'll just keep failing and keep making more excuses.

I've heard every excuse in the book for my 42 years on this planet.  I've realized that for "Da Community" excuses are a way of life and cop out and most just prefer it that way.  F em. 

They want to get eclipsed by every group that comes here who don't buy in to that idiocy and stupid shit - hey enjoy the sewer.  Its your choice. 

40 acres and a mules - F - id take that deal now too.  But instead - just vote democrat - collect welfare and blame others.  A lot easier. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #370 on: September 13, 2017, 06:22:37 AM »
I've heard every excuse in the book for my 42 years on this planet.  I've realized that for "Da Community" excuses are a way of life and cop out and most just prefer it that way.  F em. 

They want to get eclipsed by every group that comes here who don't buy in to that idiocy and stupid shit - hey enjoy the sewer.  Its your choice. 

40 acres and a mules - F - id take that deal now too.  But instead - just vote democrat - collect welfare and blame others.  A lot easier. 

Spot on.

We had eight years of a black president and a black Justice Department and the end result is blacks killing each other in record numbers. There's no point in looking for complex explanations. It's simply a failed culture that has no place in modern civilized society:

Nearly 40 shot in Chicago over weekend as city nears 500 homicides - Chicago Tribune

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-39-wounded-6-fatally-in-weekend-shootings-20170911-story,amp.html

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #371 on: September 13, 2017, 08:04:59 AM »
Franco Harris Says Mean Joe Greene, Lambert Would Have Handled Kaepernick in Their Day
By Jay Maxson | September 6, 2017

Here's a toast to you, Mean Joe Green and Jack Lambert. These two Pittsburgh Steelers' champions from the 1970s, would not have tolerated the un-American protests spawned by Colin Kaepernick. Their teammate, Franco Harris, told Mediate's John Ziegler so in a podcast interview this week.

Harris, the Hall of Fame running back, four-time Super Bowl champion and the man whose "immaculate reception" touchdown pass in 1972 enabled the Steelers to stun the Oakland Raiders in the AFC playoffs, said, “I don't think it would have been (head coach) Chuck (Noll). We had two of the meanest guys in football, who I think would’ve dealt with it that way, and that would’ve been Joe Greene and Jack Lambert.”

In a blog about the Harris interview, Mediate's Ken Meyer wrote that Kaepernick, who last played for the San Francisco 49ers in 2016, "is still a controversial figure in the sports world due to his refusal to stand for the Star Spangled Banner last season. Kaepernick said it was his way to protest racism and police brutality, though he still faces condemnation from critics who say he disrespected America as a whole by rebuking the national anthem."

Not surprisingly, considering his toxic brand, Kaepernick hasn't been allowed to step onto an NFL practice field this season. Nevertheless, he continues to talk trash through his angry tweets, ripping America as an oppressive nation and police officers as "pigs" and "slave patrol." Only a handful of copycat activists in the NFL are carrying out his bitter legacy of protest in his absence from the preseason.

When Ziegler asked Harris about the "B" word -- blackball -- Harris said America has social issues that need to be dealt with, but "it’s important to respect the country by standing before the flag." And Harris added this:

When he puts on that suit, when he steps out on that field it's not just about him. It's his teammates, the NFL and the fans. Because the team has to come first. And if he wants to make statements, take a position then that's fine. Go do that, but there's no reason he couldn't do it after practice on another platform than doing it with his suit on and at the stadium ... and then also to bring his team into it, his teammates and the NFL. He could have done it anywhere else and no one would have said anything. Once he put on that suit, stepped on that field that represents more than that.

Harris said Kaepernick has the freedom to voice dissent, but "he could’ve done so on different platform and without dragging the football league into it." He said the Pittsburgh coaches and team leaders "would’ve confronted Kaepernick over his protest" if the protests occurred on his team.

The leader of "Franco's Army" is the second old-school star running back to question Kaepernick's selfish tactics. Cleveland Browns' Hall of Famer Jim Brown also recently opposed Kaepernick's disrespectful method of protest.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/jay-maxson/2017/09/06/franco-harris-says-mean-joe-greene-lambert-would-have-handled

This reminds me of the "Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior" DVD, where they get to SummerSlam 1991 and Warrior threatened to no-show if he didn't get paid upfront.

Sgt. Slaughter claimed Hulk Hogan wanted to break Warrior's leg along with Slaughter. Hogan admitted, "Well, you know, when I found out that the Warrior was, you know, demanding money and putting a gun to Vince's head, there's a certain element of....old school....'You know, We can fix that! Let us take the guy in the dressing room for 5 minutes. We can fix this for you, Vince.".

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #372 on: September 13, 2017, 04:45:29 PM »

Nothing.  Scrap the entire fucking song and start over.  Big fucking deal, one verse was taken out.  The rest is still there
and was authored by the same racist scumbag.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #373 on: September 13, 2017, 09:13:50 PM »
Nothing.  Scrap the entire fucking song and start over.  Big fucking deal, one verse was taken out.  The rest is still there

Racist scumbag? It wasn't written by a neegrul ?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #374 on: September 13, 2017, 09:31:23 PM »

Amazes that you claim to be an professor at a university. It's people like you that turn our kids dumber when they come of college than going in. You must of been one of those kids that wanted to get a Liberal Arts Degree because you didn't want to do actual work.